Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Kia Niro Hybrid SUV To Deliver up to 50 MPG | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2016 in Kia
2017 Kia Niro Hybrid SUV To Deliver up to 50 MPG | Edmunds.com

The 2017 Kia Niro is an all-new hybrid SUV that aims to deliver up to 50 mpg in combined driving.

Read the full story here

Comments

• hank39hank39 Member Posts: 144
    This looks very attractive on many fronts. Way to go, Kia! Kia and Hyundai seems to continue the trend of making very appealing choices these days and bolstering their image.
  • cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    This looks like a compelling little package depending on how it's priced. At $30,000 it will sell very well. At $40,000 not so much. At $50,000 it won't sell at all.
  • seppoboyseppoboy Member Posts: 93
    Compared to the hideous and annoying Prius interior, the Kia Niro looks like it will make a good impression on customers, especially if the seating is comfortable. As much as I dislike the Prius interior and especially the steering and chassis behavior, there is no denying that Prius is otherwise well engineered, durable, and very reliable. As a first generation dedicated hybrid, the Niro can't be expected to be such a bulletproof ownership experience.
  • nitephirenitephire Member Posts: 11
    So this is smaller that a CRV but bigger than a HR V...is this correct. Unfortunately I wont believe the overall MPG until several publications can verify and I can get behind the wheel myself. That amount of increase over what they offer now is hard to believe especially with the shape of the thing.
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    Nice styling inside and out. The car looks very normal. Unfortunately this may not be a good thing for a hybrid. The Prius has sold like crazy partly because it looks like an alien spaceship mated with a golf cart and produced it as offspring. But maybe we're at a point now where hybrids have become mainstream enough that people can choose them without needing to flaunt how different they are.