Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Well I'm impressed with the 2016 Forester

cmhj2000cmhj2000 Member Posts: 381
edited February 2016 in Subaru
Wifey, after kicking tires on several makes went for a new Forester 2.5i Touring with the works. Holly cow I need to go to school before I can run this thing.

Must say thought the ride, leg room, comfort etc is one of the best I've witnessed in the mid sized mid priced group.

Was never a big fan of the boxer engine design but TWT

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Congrats! Please write up a Consumer Review too.

My sister got a demo 2015 Crosstrek a few weeks back. Last week she got the dealer to set up her Bluetooth. No telling what other bells and whistles she hasn't discovered yet.
  • Options
    samny1samny1 Member Posts: 125
    Hi,

Could I please get the MF and RV on a Forester base 2.5i automatic for 36 months at 15K in NY? I will also probably opt for the one touch drivers side window if that makes a difference.

thanks,

Stephen
  • Options
    dcm61dcm61 Member Posts: 1,567
    samny1 said:

Could I please get the MF and RV on a Forester base 2.5i automatic for 36 months at 15K in NY? I will also probably opt for the one touch drivers side window if that makes a difference.

You should ask here:
    http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/36219/subaru/forester/2016-subaru-forester-lease-questions#latest
  • Options
    samny1samny1 Member Posts: 125
    dcm61 said:

samny1 said:

You should ask here:
    http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/36219/subaru/forester/2016-subaru-forester-lease-questions#latest
    Thank you, a little late night fog there.
  • Options
    micochemicoche Member Posts: 17
    edited February 2016
    Test drove a Forester Premium 2.0XT, and loved the engine responsiveness - much better than the Mazda CX-5, which I found sluggish at best.
    (Interesting to read here on Edmunds that the CX-5 is "sporty", since to me it felt really underwhelming when accelerating and driving around, even in the city)
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    We were having some issues with the remote starter USER ERROR!! Anyone having intermittent problems might want to look at how they're using the remote. When pressing the lock button you need to do all three clicks very quickly and then hold for at least 6-7 seconds on the third click.

Wifey really likes her new busaru
  • Options
    2 months later and wife is still happy. So everyone's happy.
  • Options
    Just made a 2,500 mile round trip to the upper midwest and back. No issues and still love the ride and handling of this vehicle. Overall mileage was in the 33-35 range. Granted I have the tires aired up and was able to get good fuel, good weather etc. Able to avoid Ohio gas, which kills my mileage whenever I use it. Ran 60-65 most of the trip with a 100 mile run of around 75.

Love my subbie
  • Options
    carboy21carboy21 Member Posts: 760
    edited June 2016
    My wife has a 2010 Forester and does not want to upgrade it. She just loves it.
    The new Forester is too big for her. They increased its dimensions and gave it a rubber band transmission. a.k.a. (CVT)
  • Options
    My sister had an '05 Forester that worked well for her. She finally dumped it some months back and got a Crosstrek. I think she liked it because it wasn't as big as the new Forester.
  • Options
    Ya the beeps drove me nuts at first, now it's second nature and wifey still loves it and me.
  • Options
    scottc3scottc3 Member Posts: 137
    Did the cross-member roof racks come with the Forester? I saw a video recently that looked like they were placed in the back of the Forester - but it was not clear.
  • Options
    Cross bars are optional on Forester.
  • Options
    Spotted one today and wondered about that. I thought it was the Forester that had the bars you could hide in the rails but someone above mentioned how easy they were to remove. Suppose I could look it up....
  • Options
    Outback crossbars are standard and pivot into the rails.