Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Chevy Spark Prices Paid

kkollwitzkkollwitz Member Posts: 274
edited March 2016 in Chevrolet
Prices paid, driving impressions, etc.

Comments

• kkollwitzkkollwitz Member Posts: 274
    Impressions:

Wow, have small cars come a long way since my 1984 CRX! I was way surprised by the base Spark LS's touchscreen, Bluetooth, rear backup camera, standard A/C, rear wiper & defrost etc. At the same time my daughter was more interested in the tech stuff than the power locks, power side mirrors, power windows, nicer materials, and cruise that this car does not have. A good trade-off. We both found the backseat to be cozy but acceptable.

I was quite comfortable driving home for 2 hours, although I missed having cruise. But it's not going to be my car, and the daughter doesn't like to use cruise anyway. I was satisfied with the 98hp of the new 1.4L, and find the CVT to be completely unobtrusive and smooth. The car was weirdly quiet even at 60+ mph for being so petite and upright. And 2,000rpm at 60 mph? I would have expected 3,000.

It's light and nimble, fun to drive; but I won't be seeing how fast it stops, corners or accelerates. I have my own car for that kind of tossing.

I did not drive a 2015, so can't compare the two.

In the 3 days (1 highway, 2 in town) the car has been driven it's averaged 36.6mpg, so the 41mpg EPA is probably accurate.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,011
    I, too, saw the differences between the 2015 and 2016 Spark; looks like you scored yourself (and your daughter) a great deal.

I've got $4200 of GM points set to expire in a couple of weeks, though I'm not currently in the market.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Wow, brand spanking new car for under $9,000. Killer deal!
  • kkollwitzkkollwitz Member Posts: 274
    Yeah- that bonus money's expiration date lit a fire under me. Didn't anticipate being able to get a better deal on new wheels anytime soon. Sure is a fun basic car.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    I would think anything around $12,000 or less would be a great deal on a 2016 Chevy Spark LS 5-speed.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• Mrsunny19Mrsunny19 Member Posts: 3
    Sorry to post in an old thread as there is no newer thread for Chevy Spark. Has anyone gotten the newer 2017 Chevy Spark here? I am located in NorCal...thanks