Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

What are the OEM tires? 2014 Toyota Corolla.

mkarias72mkarias72 Member Posts: 29
edited February 2016 in Toyota
I'm looking to buy a used 2014 Toyota Corolla LE. My question is what is the OEM tires (manufacturer, load index, speeding rating). I have seen pics of used cars and believe it or not almost all have different brands (Goodyear, Michellin, Hankook).

From what I gathered, it appears the size is P205/55R16. I think the OEM tires are Goodyear RSA but cannot find anywhere.

I know I do not need to use the same tires but am curious as to what the standard OEM tires are.

Comments

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    Sometimes OEM tires are unique to the vehicle when new.
    In other words, you can't replace them with the exact same tire.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    yes the size for the LE is P205/55R16. Tire make would vary but most likely on an LE would be Continental ContiProContact OR Goodyear Eagle RS-A
  • Options
    capriracercapriracer Member Posts: 907
    Just some insight into OEM tires.

They are 100% unique to the vehicle. Even though another vehicle has the same size/make/model, the tire will be designed to the vehicle manufacturer's specs - always!

Further, you can buy the same exact tire at the tire shop IF you get the same size/make/model tire - with a couple of exceptions. Those exceptions are that SOME (but very few) tire manufacturers produce a different tire for sale at the tire dealership (and I want to emphasize that this is a rare exception!)

- AND -

After the contract with the OEM is fulfilled (end of model year), it is normal for the tire to revert to replacement market specs. In both those case, the tire available at the tire dealership would be different, even though it uses the same name.
  • Options
    carboy21carboy21 Member Posts: 760
    Honda Civic has Michelin Primacy as OEM and a variation of it is sold by Tirerack for a discount. I got them for my Huyndai Elantra which has the same size.
  • Options
    carboy21carboy21 Member Posts: 760
    Subaru Forester has a Yokohama Geolandar as OEM which costs almost double to replace if you have a flat. Daylight robbery by Yokohama.
  • Options
    mkarias72mkarias72 Member Posts: 29
    Thank you all.