Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Love the Color - 2016 Chevrolet Volt

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2016 in Chevrolet
imageLove the Color - 2016 Chevrolet Volt

There are seven colors to choose from on the new 2016 Chevrolet Volt, but for our long-term test car we went with one of the best: Kinetic Blue Metallic.

Read the full story here

Comments

• daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    edited February 2016
    That's one thing about car colors. You can typically place when they were made by the color and accents. Pre-60s cars were all about the Chrome (which I miss, even though I'm only 37). In the 60s, it became less chrome, but still great colors. The 70s went to disco-themed colors, very little chrome. The 80s seemed to be about "stately" colors and plenty of vinyl roofs or T-tops. But in the 90s, something started going wrong. They started painting cars like it's the last egg for Easter, where you dip it in the dye that's got all the colors mixed in. Is it beige? Brown? Tan? Some sort of gray? I don't know. Then in the 2000s, people decided "okay, we're going to go crazy with silver and gray shades." Now, you're seeing a lot of white vehicles mixed in with the silver and grays. I miss the "louder" colors and wish more companies would offer them, with an option for a chrome package. Where it used to be blacked out vehicles was the "base" option, now it's a "special package". Especially at current vehicle pricing. If a "cheap" car is going to cost me in the low 20s, I want it to be seen.
  • nagantnagant Member Posts: 176
    The mid 60s to early 70s were all about green, gold and various shades of brown (all with lots of chrome) the late 70s started the silver and light metallic blues then went into the 80s. The 90s brought back green and teal til the early 200s when the dreadful greys and silvers really took off. White has always been in style.......

http://www.lov2xlr8.no/broch1.html

Car brochures from the 40s til the 00s
  • throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    I appreciate any car with color. Our nation is awash in a sea of greys/silvers and blacks. I blame the German car companies, I can't remember the last time I saw a MB in a color other than Black or silver.
  • stuntman_mikestuntman_mike Member Posts: 57
    edited February 2016
    I remember Kinetic Blue Metallic from the Hot Wheels Camaro that came out a few years ago. That color is SHARP.
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    Best colour is the Cosmos Blue Wrangler.
  • bnovidabnovida Member Posts: 12
    My 2016 Audi A3 e-tron is Scuba Blue Metallic.
  • mcloffsmcloffs Member Posts: 5
    I love bright blue — had a Laguna Blue Miata and a Pelican Blue A4 back in the day. Great colors.
  • 5vzfe5vzfe Member Posts: 161
    One of my favorite colors Toyota offered the 4Runner in was Glacier Metallic, though it's possibly the least manly color you can get an SUV in aside from pink haha
    http://gtcarlot.com/colors/car/20615404-5.html
  • blue_optima_rnblue_optima_rn Member Posts: 1
    and by Sonic Blue Pearl on the 1999-2000 Civic Si, you mean Electron Blue Pearl instead... :) it was my favorite car color too.
  • daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    As much as I hated my PT Cruiser, the electric blue (not sure of their trademarked name for it) was a beautiful color. It had almost a silvery tint to it.
  • notfastnotfast Member Posts: 93
    edited February 2016
    The 2007 Acura TL Type S also comes in Kinetic Blue Pearl :-)
  • subytrojansubytrojan Member Posts: 120
    edited February 2016
    I'm not a photo expert like Kurt or Scott Jacobs, but taking a photo of a car parked in a tree's shadow to extol the car's color is probably not a good idea. Just my $0.02.