Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Range King — For Now - 2016 Chevrolet Volt

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2016 in Chevrolet
imageRange King — For Now - 2016 Chevrolet Volt

I currently hold the record for longest distance solely on electricity in the Edmunds 2016 Chevy Volt.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Impressive. If I could get 75 miles average on electric, then I wouldn't need to use much of any gas on my commute. I really don't understand the whole "competition" thing for this car. Its got a gas motor backup. Its not a Leaf. You're not going to get stranded as long as you have gas backup. In fact, I'd expect the car (and/or any associated apps to go along with it) to be able to show you a per-day use of how many miles it got on electricity alone. You should be able to "win" without even noticing it.
  • Options
    throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    When you are competitive, you compete, doesn't matter at what!
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Way to go Kramer. :D
  • Options
    yellowbalyellowbal Member Posts: 234
    Draft behind a Suburban with its rear doors open at around 35-45 mph and pulse and glide. Might be able to hit 100 miles.
  • Options
    jjlawyerjjlawyer Member Posts: 17
    Range records are meaningless unless elevation changes are considered. There is almost always a truck to drive behind but you cant cheat going uphill.
  • Options
    txtdinerdtxtdinerd Member Posts: 4
    So if one drives the way one needs to be efficient and frugal it will result in road rage or being rear ended. Sounds like the drivers around the Volt need to have their meds checked or their licenses revoked.

If driving the speed limit makes one a road rage target then I guess something is wrong with the culture there.