Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Deja Vu From the Driver Seat - 2016 Kia Optima Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2016 in Kia
imageDeja Vu From the Driver Seat - 2016 Kia Optima Long-Term Road Test

Our 2016 Kia Optima has a familiar interior. The center stack, instrument panel and dashboard designs are dead ringers for those of our former long-term 2015 Hyundai Sonata.

Read the full story here

Comments

• vvkvvk Member Posts: 196
    Recently I was looking for a commuter car to replace a totaled E46 BMW. I test drove a 2015 Sonata. While it was pretty good in some respects, I found it to be way too noisy. There was a lot of engine noise as well as tire/wind noise. In all fairness, I found Hyundai Equus I test drove later to be too noisy as well, with lots of annoying wind noise around the side mirrors.
  • MarkHolthoffMarkHolthoff Member Posts: 101
    edited February 2016
    vvk said:

Recently I was looking for a commuter car to replace a totaled E46 BMW. I test drove a 2015 Sonata. While it was pretty good in some respects, I found it to be way too noisy. There was a lot of engine noise as well as tire/wind noise. In all fairness, I found Hyundai Equus I test drove later to be too noisy as well, with lots of annoying wind noise around the side mirrors.

Interesting perspective. What did you end up buying?
    > Interesting perspective. What did you end up buying?

Another 3-series.
  • subytrojansubytrojan Member Posts: 120
    vvk said:

Another 3-series.

E90/91/92/93?

vvk said:

Another 3-series.

E90/91/92/93?
    2011 E93 M Sport manual. It is fantastic. Quet, comfortable, sublime steering, superb car. Love it!

Getting terrific fuel economy so far, too. Have been commuting in my 550i since the accident that destroyed the E46, annoyed at having to gas up every other day.
  • tempestingtempesting Member Posts: 21
    vvk said:

The Equus is known to be very quite.. 1db off the Lexus LS600h.