Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Visiting The Bradys and the Cunninghams - 2015 Ford F-150 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2016 in Ford
imageVisiting The Bradys and the Cunninghams - 2015 Ford F-150 Long-Term Road Test

The Edmunds.com long-term 2015 Ford F-150 is the perfect vehicle for suburban American family life, both fictitious and real.

Read the full story here

Comments

• daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    It's funny how Crew Cab trucks have changed over the years. When they were first introduced, they were marketed towards Commercial and Government Sales, touting the ability to send a work crew out. Spartan interiors, base options. Stripped down. Now, it's next to impossible to find a Crew Cab without all the bells and whistles. The "base" Crew cab truck will be at worse, set up like a mid-grade regular or extended cab. The Crew Cab trucks and SUVs have supplanted the American Stationwagon as the "family vehicle" for large families. I grew up in the 80s (I was born in '78) and still remember that large families had stationwagons (with "monkey seats" in the back) if they had two or more kids. Otherwise, families tended to buy large, full size sedans that you could fit four across in the backseat (who needs seatbelts?).
  • ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509

Now, it's next to impossible to find a Crew Cab without all the bells and whistles. The "base" Crew cab truck will be at worse, set up like a mid-grade regular or extended cab. The Crew Cab trucks and SUVs have supplanted the American Stationwagon as the "family vehicle" for large families. .

Spot-on, my friend. The new boulevard cruiser is the full-size pickup or three-row crossover. Nowadays a relatively basic F-150 XL SuperCrew stickers for over $40,000 with 4WD. Pretty crazy.

• jeepsrtjeepsrt Member Posts: 88
    I can't imagine owning anything but a crew cab pickup due to all the room inside. I'm 6'6" and with 2 small kids in child seats my crew cab Raptor is the perfect vehicle.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,319
    The thing I don't like about the rear seat is that the back of it is very upright. I didn't need the room and the seat back is the same so I bought a crew cab.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • ultimgrocgettrultimgrocgettr Member Posts: 13
    You forgot the Cunningham's oldest son Chuck!
  • reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    I long for the days before 'Reality T.V.'
    Happy Days
    All in the Family
    Barney Miller
    M.A.S.H.
    The Musters
    The Adams Family
    Now it's The Kardashians 24-7 365.
    Total garbage.
  • ballsonchinballsonchin Member Posts: 10
    I love my 2015 f150. I have 2 year old that is recently potty trained and will only use her "potty". So I bought a duplicate and it lives in the back of the truck. The interior space combined with having a canopy with a bedrug is so worth the cost.
  • daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    The thing I don't like about the rear seat is that the back of it is very upright. I didn't need the room and the seat back is the same so I bought a crew cab.
    You need to ride in an early 90s F150 or C1500. Those seat backs are almost 90 degrees. Horrible.