Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Hyundai Genesis Lease Questions

SpineDoc777SpineDoc777 Member Posts: 7
edited January 2016 in Hyundai
Putting out some feelers and this is one of the responses I got. It's a starting point, what do you guys think? Where can I haggle with them. I don't mind a high residual as I'll drive it and give it back in 3 years, I plan on leasing forever and am more concerned with the monthly payment. It's interesting, many dealers run away when I ask them for these numbers and it's like pulling teeth. This is for NJ. I also can get some extra rebates as I have an Audi for the conquest rebate OR I also lease a 2016 sonata for my wife for the loyalty rebate, too bad they don't stack from what I understand.

I believe I can get the MSRP down 2k or so, the MF seems to be decent. I'd prefer the residual was higher to lower my payment though.

2016 Hyundai Genesis White with Black Interior Signature Package only.
12k/year 36month lease
Vehicle Price: $43,094
Incentives: $2,500 Lease Cash
Cap cost reductions (please break down):
Customer cap cost reduction: Assuming I put down $2000
Net cap cost: $41,975
Residual %: .56
Money Factor: .00110
TTL: Tax $1500.31 ($7.50 NJ State Tire Tax $37.50 = 5 x $7.50 4 Tires + Spare )
Motor Vehicle (estimated) $400 -- If MV cost is less than $400 we will refund the left over funds.

Any additional fees such as documentation, etc, please break down):
DOC Fee $338
Monthly fee: $541.06 All information based on Tier 1 Approval

FYI - there is an Additional Competitive/Valued owner Incentive that I have not included but wanted to make you aware of. This Incentive is based on what you are currently driving. If you qualify there is additional savings available to you.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

Putting out some feelers and this is one of the responses I got. It's a starting point, what do you guys think? Where can I haggle with them. I don't mind a high residual as I'll drive it and give it back in 3 years, I plan on leasing forever and am more concerned with the monthly payment. It's interesting, many dealers run away when I ask them for these numbers and it's like pulling teeth. This is for NJ. I also can get some extra rebates as I have an Audi for the conquest rebate OR I also lease a 2016 sonata for my wife for the loyalty rebate, too bad they don't stack from what I understand.

I believe I can get the MSRP down 2k or so, the MF seems to be decent. I'd prefer the residual was higher to lower my payment though.

2016 Hyundai Genesis White with Black Interior Signature Package only.
    12k/year 36month lease
    Vehicle Price: $43,094
    Incentives: $2,500 Lease Cash
    Cap cost reductions (please break down):
    Customer cap cost reduction: Assuming I put down $2000
    Net cap cost: $41,975
    Residual %: .56
    Money Factor: .00110
    TTL: Tax $1500.31 ($7.50 NJ State Tire Tax $37.50 = 5 x $7.50 4 Tires + Spare )
    Motor Vehicle (estimated) $400 -- If MV cost is less than $400 we will refund the left over funds.

Any additional fees such as documentation, etc, please break down):
    DOC Fee $338
    Monthly fee: $541.06 All information based on Tier 1 Approval

FYI - there is an Additional Competitive/Valued owner Incentive that I have not included but wanted to make you aware of. This Incentive is based on what you are currently driving. If you qualify there is additional savings available to you.

We don't have the Hyundai numbers this month.

We could check the calculations, if you give us the MSRP

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• SpineDoc777SpineDoc777 Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2016
    I went back in today and almost walked out with a deal, but held off to think about it.

2016 Genesis AWD with signature package
    MSRP 45769
    agreed on price 40,769
    MF 00046
    Residual 58%
    With 2k down $400/month, with nothing down $454/month. No other fees/charges. I forgot to ask about MSDs.

But what is confusing the heck out of me is the 2015 GS350 I test drove that isn't much more expensive.

2015 GS350 AWD with F Sport package, it's a demo and has 1,000 miles on it
    MSRP 58,727
    We didn't formally agree on a price, but the dealer cost was about 55k and they seemed ameniable to applying an existing 4500 lease cash against that, so I'm assuming around 51k.
    MF 00049
    Residual 56%
    With 3k down $409/mo, with nothing down $500/mo. With 6 MSD's (they ballparked about $2800) that would lower the payment about $28.

Man what a freakin hard decision. The Lexus is MUCH tighter and a much better handling/driving car IMO, but the Genesis is much comfier and has more options, but man the steering is very sloppy.
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to bite the bullet on the Genesis. The dealer called me back and let me know the steering wheel has 3 adjustments for stiffness. They also said the 2k included the 1st month payment. I'll ask about the net cap cost, but I would assume they will apply the rest of the 2k to the TTL and not the cap cost, so my net cap cost is most likely the full 40k which is 3k below invoice so seems like a decent deal. Hyundai doesn't do MSD's according to them.

What do you guys think? The Lexus is one year older, 1k miles older, is the wrong color but will probably have a much better resale value, which doesn't matter since it's a lease unless I decide to buy it. I just hope the Genesis deal is decent.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012
    Get the car you like most. Insane deals on the GS at the moment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Michaell said:

I'm pretty set on the Genesis, what do you think of the lease deal? Is it a keeper?

Michaell said:

I'm pretty set on the Genesis, what do you think of the lease deal? Is it a keeper?
    Seems like a solid deal.

FWIW, my Elantra GT has the adjustable steering feel as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

Seems like a solid deal.

FWIW, my Elantra GT has the adjustable steering feel as well.
    Thanks, I forgot to mention that 2k includes first month payment.

Also the dealer stated Hyundai financing did not accept Multiple Security Deposits. Any idea if that is true? I'm going to ask the f inance manager this week, but just wanted to go in armed with information.
    Seems like a solid deal. FWIW, my Elantra GT has the adjustable steering feel as well.
    Thanks, I forgot to mention that 2k includes first month payment. Also the dealer stated Hyundai financing did not accept Multiple Security Deposits. Any idea if that is true? I'm going to ask the f inance manager this week, but just wanted to go in armed with information.
    Correct - Hyundai does not have MSD

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you for all the help
  • thenpg7thenpg7 Member Posts: 8
    Brotha man I have been lurking around the Internet dying to find a deal on this exact Genesis but in black.  

I live in NJ (Edison) 

Where did you go to get that deal?? 
  • carfan74carfan74 Member Posts: 58
    Any figures and lease cash on the '16 Genesis for Feb (AWD, Signature and Tech or Signature, Tech, Ultimate packages), 36 month/12k mile per year lease, NY metro area)? Thanks!
  • sharkyziffsharkyziff Member Posts: 15
    I am also looking for residuals, money factor, and lease cash on a 2016 Genesis 3.8 AWD with Signature package. 36/12k, Indianapolis, IN.
    Thank you!
    carfan74 said:

Any figures and lease cash on the '16 Genesis for Feb (AWD, Signature and Tech or Signature, Tech, Ultimate packages), 36 month/12k mile per year lease, NY metro area)? Thanks!

.00059 MF and 57% residual. $3000 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I am also looking for residuals, money factor, and lease cash on a 2016 Genesis 3.8 AWD with Signature package. 36/12k, Indianapolis, IN.
    Thank you!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

Thank you!

Awesome! Knowledge is power when leasing.
    I will see if I can make a deal on a new Genny at the end of the month.
    Thanks again kyfdx!!

• czar0013czar0013 Member Posts: 18
    Looking for MF and Residual for AWD 3.8, No package in NJ. Also, confirmation of conquest and lease cash for $1k and $3k respectively, and can they be combined? Thanks
    czar0013 said:

Looking for MF and Residual for AWD 3.8, No package in NJ. Also, confirmation of conquest and lease cash for $1k and $3k respectively, and can they be combined? Thanks

.00059 MF and 57% residual for 36/12. $3000 lease cash.

No info on conquest cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mmedicmmedic Member Posts: 15
    Does anyone have numbers for 2015 3.8 w/ Signature for 36/12? And also 2015 5.0?
    mmedic said:

Does anyone have numbers for 2015 3.8 w/ Signature for 36/12? And also 2015 5.0?

Please ask 2015 Genesis questions, here:

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/18992/hyundai/genesis/2015-hyundai-genesis-lease-questions#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bamas16bamas16 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Guys
    Please tell me what you think of this deal on a 2016 Genesis 3.8 RWD with Signature pkg.
    Black with black int

12K per yr 36 mo

Pmt of $476 per month with only 2 pmts down for a total of $952 due at signing

Waiting to hear back on what the residual is and money factor

Thanks for your help
    bamas16 said:

Hi Guys
    Please tell me what you think of this deal on a 2016 Genesis 3.8 RWD with Signature pkg.
    Black with black int

12K per yr 36 mo

Pmt of $476 per month with only 2 pmts down for a total of $952 due at signing

Waiting to hear back on what the residual is and money factor

Thanks for your help

.00045 MF and 56% residual. $3000 lease cash

Need to know the MSRP and CAP cost to check the calculations

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks.
    Sticker MSRP is $43,900 and amount financed on lease is $38,800
    bamas16 said:

Thanks.
    Sticker MSRP is $43,900 and amount financed on lease is $38,800

Those prices, along with the lease numbers above, give a payment of $423/mo + tax.

$476/mo seems high - what state and tax rate is this?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

My deal on a 2016 Genny, I think I will finalize tomorrow:
    2016 Genesis 3.8 AWD, Signature Package, Empire State Gray, Black Leather
    36 month lease / 12,000 miles per year
    MSRP: $46,245
    Purchase Price: $42,229
    Minus Rebates: $3,000 lease cash, $1,000 conquest, $500 dealer coupon
    Plus Fees: Sales Tax on rebates: $315, Doc. Fee: $199, Title & Tire Tax, $45.25
    $410 per month(including 7% Indiana sales tax)first month payment only due at signing.
    Thanks again for all of the lease rate info.!!

My deal on a 2016 Genny, I think I will finalize tomorrow:
    2016 Genesis 3.8 AWD, Signature Package, Empire State Gray, Black Leather
    36 month lease / 12,000 miles per year
    MSRP: $46,245
    Purchase Price: $42,229
    Minus Rebates: $3,000 lease cash, $1,000 conquest, $500 dealer coupon
    Plus Fees: Sales Tax on rebates: $315, Doc. Fee: $199, Title & Tire Tax, $45.25
    $410 per month(including 7% Indiana sales tax)first month payment only due at signing.
    Thanks again for all of the lease rate info.!!

Pretty good deal. Enjoy the new Genesis!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Dealer came back with residual of 56% and .00045 money factor. They also came down on
    payment to $445
    Alabama sales tax
    bamas16 said:

Dealer came back with residual of 56% and .00045 money factor. They also came down on
    payment to $445
    Alabama sales tax

If you're comfortable with the selling price, then there is no reason not to go forward with this deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Sounds like Sharkyziff got a better deal on his AWD but I will keep working on this dealer to see if I can
    do better on mine too. Thanks for all the good input. It is so helpful to someone like me that is not versed in all the ins & outs of leasing a Genesis
    bamas16 said:

Sounds like Sharkyziff got a better deal on his AWD but I will keep working on this dealer to see if I can
    do better on mine too. Thanks for all the good input. It is so helpful to someone like me that is not versed in all the ins & outs of leasing a Genesis

I would also suggest reaching out to a second dealer, and get them to compete against one another for your business.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks, will do
  • saggy124saggy124 Member Posts: 16
    Hello All,

I'm talking to a dealer on leasing 2016 Genesis 3.8L RWD with Signature Package. The following are the details on the quoted lease :

MSRP : $43,780
    Cap Cost : $40,820 (includes Bank Fee and After MKT)
    Rebates : $3000 Lease Cash, $1000 Coupon
    MF : 0.00112
    Residual : 57% (36 months)
    Mileage Limit : 10K miles/year
    Downpayment : $2000 (includes first month's payment, Tax on rebates, Doc fee, DMV fee, around 680 towards net cap)

Monthly Payments : $380 + Tax

Could you please tell me if this is a good deal ?

Thanks in advance !!
    saggy124 said:

Hello All,

I'm talking to a dealer on leasing 2016 Genesis 3.8L RWD with Signature Package. The following are the details on the quoted lease :

Downpayment : $2000 (includes first month's payment, Tax on rebates, Doc fee, DMV fee, around 680 towards net cap)

Thanks in advance !!

36/10 on Genesis V6 RWD are .00045 and 57%. So, the MF is marked up for extra profit.

If I assume the net cap cost is $36,820, I get $357/mo + tax when I use the base MF.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

saggy124 said:

Hello All,

Thanks in advance !!

36/10 on Genesis V6 RWD are .00045 and 57%. So, the MF is marked up for extra profit.

If I assume the net cap cost is $36,820, I get $357/mo + tax when I use the base MF.

I was told I would be falling in Tier 4. That's the reason the dealer gave me MF of 0.00112. For Tier 1, it seems it is 0.00085, which is higher than what you indicated. Are the MF and Residuals fixed by the manufacturer or is it possible to negotiate on them ? Please let me know.
    saggy124 said:

Michaell said:

saggy124 said:

Hello All,

Thanks in advance !!

I was told I would be falling in Tier 4. That's the reason the dealer gave me MF of 0.00112. For Tier 1, it seems it is 0.00085, which is higher than what you indicated. Are the MF and Residuals fixed by the manufacturer or is it possible to negotiate on them ? Please let me know.
    Dealers can mark up the MF for extra profit. Tier 4 is .00072, so the .00112 represents the maximum mark up allowed.

Might be time to start working with another dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

saggy124 said:

Michaell said:

saggy124 said:

Hello All,

Thanks in advance !!

Dealers can mark up the MF for extra profit. Tier 4 is .00072, so the .00112 represents the maximum mark up allowed.

Might be time to start working with another dealer.
    Thanks Michaell !
  • acuratacurat Member Posts: 87
    I had no plans for a new car but my super-solid Acura RL 2006 Tech is at 152K miles. CR just gave the Genesis an 89/100 for road test. And they fixed the droopy rear. Sold! Might try a GS350 too, but Lexus is so pricey.

In SoCal, looking to lease a 2016 Genesis Tech, metallic gray or silver/black, 15K miles/year for 36 months with minimal driveoffs and minimal dealer add-ons, top tier credit, probably no trade.

Numbers and incentives please? Go now, or wait? Thank you sirs and mesdames!
    acurat said:

I had no plans for a new car but my super-solid Acura RL 2006 Tech is at 152K miles. CR just gave the Genesis an 89/100 for road test. And they fixed the droopy rear. Sold! Might try a GS350 too, but Lexus is so pricey.

In SoCal, looking to lease a 2016 Genesis Tech, metallic gray or silver/black, 15K miles/year for 36 months with minimal driveoffs and minimal dealer add-ons, top tier credit, probably no trade.

Which engine? RWD or AWD?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

acurat said:

Oops! RWD, V6 3.8.
    acurat said:

Michaell said:

acurat said:

Oops! RWD, V6 3.8.
    .00045 and 54%. $3000 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:
    I had no plans for a new car but my super-solid Acura RL 2006 Tech is at 152K miles. CR just gave the Genesis an 89/100 for road test. And they fixed the droopy rear. Sold! Might try a GS350 too, but Lexus is so pricey. In SoCal, looking to lease a 2016 Genesis Tech, metallic gray or silver/black, 15K miles/year for 36 months with minimal driveoffs and minimal dealer add-ons, top tier credit, probably no trade. Numbers and incentives please? Go now, or wait? Thank you sirs and mesdames!
    Oops! RWD, V6 3.8.
    Enticing. There is a $1000 Conquest rebate too. How about 48 months, 15K miles/year, same car? Thanks again, this forum rocks.
    acurat said:

Michaell said:

acurat said:

Michaell said:

acurat said:

Oops! RWD, V6 3.8.

Enticing. There is a $1000 Conquest rebate too. How about 48 months, 15K miles/year, same car? Thanks again, this forum rocks.

Not as good. 48% and .00130. $3500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:
    Michaell said:
    I had no plans for a new car but my super-solid Acura RL 2006 Tech is at 152K miles. CR just gave the Genesis an 89/100 for road test. And they fixed the droopy rear. Sold! Might try a GS350 too, but Lexus is so pricey. In SoCal, looking to lease a 2016 Genesis Tech, metallic gray or silver/black, 15K miles/year for 36 months with minimal driveoffs and minimal dealer add-ons, top tier credit, probably no trade. Numbers and incentives please? Go now, or wait? Thank you sirs and mesdames!
    Oops! RWD, V6 3.8.
    Yup. Thanks for the info. Payment goes $10 in the wrong direction.

Does Hyundai have a fixed "bank fee" or "acquisition fee"? Or a lease-end vehicle return fee? It helps to be prepared for dealer games. ;)
    acurat said:

Michaell said:

acurat said:

Michaell said:

acurat said:

Michaell said:

acurat said:

Oops! RWD, V6 3.8.

Yup. Thanks for the info. Payment goes $10 in the wrong direction.

Does Hyundai have a fixed "bank fee" or "acquisition fee"? Or a lease-end vehicle return fee? It helps to be prepared for dealer games. ;)

Acquisition fee is $595. Lease end fee is something like $350-400

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

2016 Genesis 3.8 RWD Signature/Tech
    36 month/15K miles
    Cap cost $39,900, MSRP $47,245
    Drives $1300 (Acq fee, DMV, doc, 1st pmt)
    $454/mo plus tax
    Includes $3K lease cash, $1K Conquest, $100 affinity
    Residual 54%, MF .00045

I think that dog will hunt! Looks like there's a hidden incentive or they're digging into the holdback. Many thanks to @Michaell
    acurat said:

36 month/15K miles
    $454/mo plus tax
    Residual 54%, MF .00045

I think that dog will hunt! Looks like there's a hidden incentive or they're digging into the holdback. Many thanks to @Michaell

I get $429/mo plus tax with those numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:
    36 month/15K miles
    $454/mo plus tax
    Residual 54%, MF .00045

Yep, after my initial delight subsided, I ran the numbers and then, of course, asked for an explanation. Haven't heard back. The imputed cap cost is $40,800. A pretty skinny deal, though not what they stated. Trigger not yet pulled, pending more.
    acurat said:

Michaell said:

acurat said:

36 month/15K miles
    $454/mo plus tax
    Residual 54%, MF .00045

Yep, after my initial delight subsided, I ran the numbers and then, of course, asked for an explanation. Haven't heard back. The imputed cap cost is $40,800. A pretty skinny deal, though not what they stated. Trigger not yet pulled, pending more.

Nowhere to hide when the math doesn't work out.

Keep us posted!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Done deal! Different dealer closer to home. Good guys, no games. Phoned up the internet manager and described my expected deal parameters. He handed off to a guy I liked even better. A couple of hours later, he outlined the proposed deal over the phone. They did a dealer trade to get the right car. 2016 Genesis V6 RWD Signature + Tech, 36 month lease at 15K miles/year. They beat the other dealer by >$500 net cap cost on an already skinny deal.

MSRP $47,230
    Cap cost $40,230 after $4K rebates (rebates are taxed in CA!)
    Residual $25,504 (54%)
    MF .00045 = 1.08%
    $439/month plus 9% tax
    Drive-offs $1300

What a ride. Love this Genny already!! @Michaell and Edmunds, you are the bomb.
    acurat said:

Done deal! Different dealer closer to home. Good guys, no games. Phoned up the internet manager and described my expected deal parameters. He handed off to a guy I liked even better. A couple of hours later, he outlined the proposed deal over the phone. They did a dealer trade to get the right car. 2016 Genesis V6 RWD Signature + Tech, 36 month lease at 15K miles/year. They beat the other dealer by >$500 net cap cost on an already skinny deal.

MSRP $47,230
    Cap cost $40,230 after $4K rebates (rebates are taxed in CA!)
    Residual $25,504 (54%)
    MF .00045 = 1.08%
    $439/month plus 9% tax
    Drive-offs $1300

What a ride. Love this Genny already!! @Michaell and Edmunds, you are the bomb.

Congrats on the Hyundai! Thanks for sharing your deal details with us.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• indydriver317indydriver317 Member Posts: 4
    Indianapolis, Indiana

2016 rwd with signature package
    Gross cap 40802
    adjusted cap 37502
    Residual 25833.15
    finance factor .00038
    7% sales tax
    Base 366.04+25.62= 391.62
    Title fees 26
    Rent charge 24.31
    Gap insurance included
    acq fee 595
    tire tax 1.25
    depreciation 12302.60

I am not sure if I am missing anything still really new to this.

This info was in original email, then I asked more pointed questions above. I am not sure if this info helps.

Sales Price $40,802
    Doc Fee 199
    Acq Fee 595
    title Fee 26
    tire tax 1.25
    Gross Cap Cost $41,623.25
    Taxes on rebates 262.50
    Rebates (3,750)
    NET CAP Cost $38,135.75