Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Holds Its Own at the Country Club - 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2016 in Mazda
imageHolds Its Own at the Country Club - 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Long-Term Road Test

Thanks to sharp styling, the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata looks more expensive than it really is.

Read the full story here

Comments

• daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    Of course the Miata would fit in at a Country Club. A lot of rich guys' mistresses drive them.
  • kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Clearly it looks like you are the only one that knows how to park a car. What is that white car? Looks nice.
  • nagantnagant Member Posts: 176
    If only it did not have the Pep Boys wheels on it.......
  • mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    This Miata really does look striking in the metal. I have never done double-takes for a Miata before, but this one just has presence that belies its bargain price.

As for the other cars in that parking lot: who gets an F12 Berlinetta in white?! Rosso Corsa should be mandated.
    @mercedesfan : See, I'm the opposite on the colors. I hate the "standard" colors for certain makes/models. Ferrari red doesn't cut it for me. I'd prefer something darker, but not black, like a dark blue or a dark green.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    The twin to that Maserati is here in Vegas, and equally poorly driven. The guy is ALWAYS on his cell with it in his hand.:( As for the F12, I think white makes it different.
  • reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    Where's the Balkan Bullet man?
    Slide that puppy right up next to the Maserati.
    @daryleason,

My issue with dark colors on exotics is that the subtlety in the design is obscured. A dark color is not going to play with light in the same way a vivid red, green, blue, yellow, etc will. I have a work associate with a black 458 and while it's still a phenomenal looking car, it lacks that something special a Ferrari deserves. All those wind-tunnel tuned surfaces and shapes should be celebrated, not hidden away.

@ agentorange,

White is definitely different on a Ferrari, but I personally despise white cars. There isn't a car in existence that doesn't look worse in white than it would in an actual color. I complain that dark colors mask design details, but white absolutely obliterates them. All that beautiful flame surfacing on an F12 is gone in white.
    @mercedesfan : I get what you're saying about the DARK dark colors. But I think a color like Emerald Racing Green can still show off a design line. So can something like India Blue (one of GMs better colors). My problem with the sports car neon colors is that I don't like "flashy" (unless it's chrome). Plus, they've been done to death. Yellow Lambos, Red Ferraris, White R8s, it's probably the one pedestrian thing that the exotics do. Plus, anytime I see an Exotic (or any car, for that matter) in a bright shade of yellow or orange, I always think to myself, "There's a 20 footer paint job to hide horrible body work."
    @daryleason,

If you mean something like this, I think we are in complete agreement.
    (http://www.superiorautodesign.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/f12-3.jpg)