Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,590
    ral2167 said:

Possibly not the right forum... am considering an EX-L with or without navigation.  Should I save the money and get the EX-L without the navigation and rely on Android Play (google maps) for any navigation needs? has any one done this and been satisfied?  I can do without the sensing. And it looks like whatever I may end up getting, looks like $4000 below MSRP on either is doable, yes?

If you are leasing, I would definitely forego the NAV. Besides being more expensive, it drops the residual by 2%. You might pay $40/mo. more, just to have NAV. No thanks

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• redredrabbitredredrabbit Member Posts: 44
    Has anyone been able to get the Accord Sport CVT for 21K or less (pre TTL) recently in any area of the country? Northeast here (NY capital region/upstate NY).
  • hondafan46hondafan46 Member Posts: 1
    I am in Phoenix and looking to buy 2016 accord ex cvt. Best quote I have gotten so far is 26800$ OTD ...23863 dealer price with 399 paint protection package. 2010 tax and 925 fees. Dealer refused to go down and let me walk. Wanted to understand if anybody is aware abt a better deal for ex cvt in and around Phoenix az... 
  • ruachedruached Member Posts: 5
    Looking for a 2016 EX-L for $4500 off MSRP of $29390. That would be $24,890 + TTL. Best initial quotes are $26,000 in Austin and $26,350 (with $1500 add-ons) in Dallas. Haven't negotiated much yet. Will try to get the add-on cost reduced or keep looking. Any leads would be appreciated.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I follow the CR-V prices more closely than the sedans, but it seems to me (just from skimming those pricing questions) that Texas Honda dealers aren't as aggressive on price as some other areas of the country (like around DC).

Watch for the ad fees - we list those if you price a car using a Make | Model dropdown tabs above and enter your zip code. Often you can negotiate those away and save another $100 or $200 bucks.
  • ryan_tranryan_tran Member Posts: 10
    I just did purchase honda accord EX-L $25100 OTD with graduation rebate $500. is it a good deal?
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    ryan_tran said:

I just did purchase honda accord EX-L $25100 OTD with graduation rebate $500. is it a good deal?

Before tax and fees? If so what was that price?
    edited February 2016
    @ral2167: the price is out of the door. include everything.
    MSRP: 29505
    I am living in VA with sale tax 4.17%.
    Dealer fee $599.
    college rabate $500
    tag $100
    sale price $23859

Price out of the door $25100.
    without college rabate $25600.
    That's a crazy good deal! Wish I lived near there. Best quote I've got in Dallas area is $25,000 which includes $1700 in dealer add-ons and $500 college grad discount. OTD would be $26,965. I'm negotiating to get another $500 off. I learned not to show your hand on what down payment you have available and what payments you want. They will take that info and promote a longer (72 mo.) loan or other way to keep price higher.
    @ruached: dealer always asks about payment you want. Just negotiate the price out of the door. if your credit score is 660 or higher, you qualify with 1.9 % for 60 months. Check your credit score first before you head to dealer. Dealers in DC, northern Virginia and southern Maryland always give crazy deals at the end of month. I still don't think i got a good dear. I wish I have more time to negotiate with them to go down $24500 OTD.
  • mrh4xormrh4xor Member Posts: 1
    @ryan_tran could you please provide dealer name and salesperson ? thats a crazy good deal 5800 off msrp.
  • mycardsonmycardson Member Posts: 1
    I'm in VA too. Got a similar deal but for EX not EXL.
    MSRP: $27200
    Sale : $22500
    OTD : $23132 (with grad rebate)

Yours is $5646 off MSRP, 19.1% off.
    Mine is $4700 off MSRP, 17.3% off. Guess I might still have some more space to reach.
    ryan_tran said:

Dealer fee $599.
    college rabate $500
    tag $100
    sale price $23859

mycardson said:

Mine is $4700 off MSRP, 17.3% off. Guess I might still have some more space to reach.

ryan_tran said:

Dealer fee $599.
    college rabate $500
    tag $100
    sale price $23859

For Ex model you can negotiate down to $22900 OTD with grad rebate. Head to woodbridge virginia, they are willing to deal with that price now. I did negotiate EX $22900 OTD but i change my mind go up to EX-L. I think you can ask them $22500 OTD. Good luck.
    @mrh4xor: hendrick honda woodbridge Virginia. I did negotiate with sale manager because of the price. Email or talk to them on the phone before head to dealer.
  • samkasamka Member Posts: 9
    Did any one got a good deal of Honda Accord Sport edition in VA area. What the sale price is and break up of it and the dealer you have visited in the area.
    ryan_tran said:

mycardson said:

ryan_tran said:

Dealer fee $599.
    college rabate $500
    tag $100
    sale price $23859

For Ex model you can negotiate down to $22900 OTD with grad rebate. Head to woodbridge virginia, they are willing to deal with that price now. I did negotiate EX $22900 OTD but i change my mind go up to EX-L. I think you can ask them $22500 OTD. Good luck.
    Ryan, thanks for the info. Did you have a trade in vehicle? Also, any idea how much for a Sport?
  • ilxinsfilxinsf Member Posts: 3
    Negotiated for 2016 Accord EX-L V6 with Navigation/Sensing: selling price of $28200 (including destination). Waiting on the out the door price but there are only standard taxes/fees. Seems like a good price to me - better than the other 5 dealers I negotiated with (via email). 

Thoughts? Good deal?
  • ilxinsfilxinsf Member Posts: 3
    ilxinsf said:
    Negotiated for 2016 Accord EX-L V6 with Navigation/Sensing: selling price of $28200 (including destination). Waiting on the out the door price but there are only standard taxes/fees. Seems like a good price to me - better than the other 5 dealers I negotiated with (via email). 

Thoughts? Good deal?
    Edited to include that MSRP for this car is $33580. So selling price is $5380 off MSRP.
    @redredrabbit: no trade, I sold my old car online to get a good price. Took a week to sell it. I guess under $20500 OTD ( virginia Tax 4.17%) for sport trim is a good deal. Try any dealers in Dc area. They are hunting customers now.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited February 2016
    ryan_tran said:

@redredrabbit: no trade, I sold my old car online to get a good price. Took a week to sell it. I guess under $20500 OTD ( virginia Tax 4.17%) for sport trim is a good deal. Try any dealers in Dc area. They are hunting customers now.

Did you contact Anderson Honda by any chance? Any luck getting a good price out of them

I have not bothered with Anderson Honda in awhile. I stopped recommend them to buyers due to there mis use of adding to many accessories to there vehicles.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

edited February 2016
    Got what I was hoping for and more! 2016 EX-L for $24,750! MSRP was $29,505. (Also included $2,200 in add-ons--tinted windows, pinstripes, body side moldings, nitrogen, splash guards, wheel locks, door edge/handle/mirror film-guards, trunk tray) Got $500 off for college grad program. Was hoping for this price even without the add-ons. Bought in Dallas area.
    Breakdown is:

2016 Accord EX-L

$29,505 MSRP
    $31,750 With Add-ons--see above
    ($6500) Negotiated discount
    $25,250 Sale price
    ($500) College grad discount

$24,750 Final Cost

$1,628 Taxes in Texas
    $315 Title, License, Fees

$26,698 OTD Price

• matt23lvmatt23lv Member Posts: 2
    Hello guys, I am going to buy a Sport model soon.
    It will be my first car purchase. Tell me please is this a realistic to get 24.000 OTD ?
    i am in SoCa
    matt23lv said:

Hello guys, I am going to buy a Sport model soon.
    It will be my first car purchase. Tell me please is this a realistic to get 24.000 OTD ?
    i am in SoCa

End of march would be the best time to buy your sport Accord. This is the end of the 1st sales quarter for Car companies.

You would need to secure a deal @close to 1500 below your models invoice to reach your 24k OTD #. Your models invoice = ( $23,771 ) . I based my number on sales tax of 7% and a $80 dealer doc fee.

Big question is can you get 1500 below ? The more dealers you get involved the better you will do. Call / Email 15 to 20 Honda dealers at months end. Letting each dealer know.... I buy today for X price. Then move down your list of targeted dealers making your best deal.

Last 2 days, last day of March will help you make the best possible deal. March may have some cash incentive money on 2016's .................. will know in a few days when its posted

Good Luck

• jimmyddjimmydd Member Posts: 9
    ruached said:

Got what I was hoping for and more! 2016 EX-L for $24,750! MSRP was $29,505. (Also included $2,200 in add-ons--tinted windows, pinstripes, body side moldings, nitrogen, splash guards, wheel locks, door edge/handle/mirror film-guards, trunk tray) Got $500 off for college grad program. Was hoping for this price even without the add-ons. Bought in Dallas area.
    Breakdown is:

2016 Accord EX-L

$29,505 MSRP
    $31,750 With Add-ons--see above
    ($6500) Negotiated discount
    $25,250 Sale price
    ($500) College grad discount

$24,750 Final Cost

$1,628 Taxes in Texas
    $315 Title, License, Fees

$26,698 OTD Price

Hi Ruached - Can you please post the name of the dealer and the salesman you dealt with? I also live in the Dallas area and will be buying the EX-L before the end of March. Thanks
    Looks like @ruached's made a real good deal in Dallas. $1800 below invoice excluding rebates for college plus dealer add on's which cost dealer another 500 dollars at best to give away at that price. This was a excellent deal for Feb. Dealer for sure wanted to move this vehicle off there lot.. Hopefully you find another dealer motivated.

• johnnguyen714johnnguyen714 Member Posts: 46
    Do
    brian125 said:

Looks like @ruached's made a real good deal in Dallas. $1800 below invoice excluding rebates for college plus dealer add on's which cost dealer another 500 dollars at best to give away at that price. This was a excellent deal for Feb. Dealer for sure wanted to move this vehicle off there lot.. Hopefully you find another dealer motivated.

Do you think it is possible to get an 2016 Accord EX v4 auto sedan with Sensing for $26000 out the door? I am in socal, tax rate here is 8%.
    edited March 2016
    Supply and demand / area play a big part in pricing. Send out 20 emails to dealers you will have a pricing guide. Socal has very good pricing on Accords right now. The Honda Accord is not the best buy anymore. Sales are down this year that's why in some states were seeing Accord sales $1000 plus below invoice price. By summer time there will be deep discounts on Accords. The Midsize class has good choices today. The Nissan Altima, and Camry sell a lot of vehicles with there deep discounts and very good lease prices.

Ford, Mazda, Subaru, Hyundai, Kia, Chevy models all offer very competent midsizers. CR in this last issue loves the Camry again go figure? I think the New 2017 Ford Fusion will be on top of this pack as best vehicle

So to answer your question 26k otd .........................Yes.

Invoice price on the EX w sensing and dest charge = $25,883

• banne11banne11 Member Posts: 2
    How does one know which dealers to target? Are there some that are particularly willing to deal? I am looking to buy an EX at the end of the month. I am in NJ, but can go out of state if the price difference is large.
    Target dealers in your area . If I was buying a Accord I may target dealers in NY , NJ , PA CT, DE. It all depends how far you want to travel. The more dealers you get involved the better you will do in pricing. If you need a list of good dealers to contact let me know I will post some for you.

Jimmydd...I hate to disappoint, but my salesperson and manager have given me killer deals twice now (including a 14 Odyssey EXL RES with similar discount).  I can't send him more expecting the same, but I can refer you to Autonation Honda (Joseph?) who appeared willing to match the deal.  
    Are the 19 inch alloys of the Sport model a bad idea for the northeast with all those potholes after winter?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,924

Are the 19 inch alloys of the Sport model a bad idea for the northeast with all those potholes after winter?

They could be. I've got friends who live in NJ who won't get a car with low profile tires because of the road conditions.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• tonyg2016tonyg2016 Member Posts: 728

Yes, especially when you consider the replacement cost for a bent wheel or trashed tire. Those 19's are very expensive. I think Honda made a huge mistake increasing from 18 to 19 inch wheels/tires with the Sport model and it is the main reason i wouldn't get one - but then again i am old. Remember, it is still a 4-cyl engine with a CVT (unless you can find a manual)...
  • tonyg2016tonyg2016 Member Posts: 728
    thanks michael, for the info. question about retail sales incentives for the LX model - is there such a thing? not much posted data on current sales prices. Usually it's the lease cash that's hard to find but not with Honda. Since the Accord holds value well, sometimes it's better to buy and trade after 3 years rather than lease IMO...
    tonyg2016 said:

thanks michael, for the info. question about retail sales incentives for the LX model - is there such a thing? not much posted data on current sales prices. Usually it's the lease cash that's hard to find but not with Honda. Since the Accord holds value well, sometimes it's better to buy and trade after 3 years rather than lease IMO...

The $1000 cash is good for purchases as well. Bonus cash is only good for leases.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Michaell said:

tonyg2016 said:

The $1000 cash is good for purchases as well. Bonus cash is only good for leases.
    Thanks for the tips on the wheels, guys.

What is the $1000 cash you mentioned above? I looked up current incentives but didn't find anything.
    Unless Honda has put out new incentives for March there is still only military and college rebates of $500

I checked Nada and one other site i use and there is nothing new posted. Usually before the 10th of each month any new incetives / rebates are posted if any?

Michaell said:

tonyg2016 said:

What is the $1000 cash you mentioned above? I looked up current incentives but didn't find anything.
    It's a factory to dealer incentive that isn't published. Use the knowledge to negotiate your best deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

tonyg2016 said:

It's a factory to dealer incentive that isn't published. Use the knowledge to negotiate your best deal.
    Michaell said:

Michaell said:

tonyg2016 said:

Thanks! Is this for LX only? Did they have this incentive also in November or other months?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,590

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

tonyg2016 said:

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

tonyg2016 said:

Thanks! Is this for LX only? Did they have this incentive also in November or other months?
    For all 2016 Accord models.

Don't know about November.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• bmwm5f1bmwm5f1 Member Posts: 17
    Hello guys, I'm in the market for  a 2016 Accord sport. My goal is around $23000 OTD since the MSRP is $25900. I'm planning to send out emails to my local dealerships towards the end of this month here in the bay area. Any recommendations on what to say to the dealerships? Also any tips to successfully negotiate the best deal? 
    Thanks for your time!!
    edited March 2016
    Start negotiating Wed, 30th possible holding out till march 31st for lowest deal. This is the end of the 1st quarter for car companies. Bigger deals can be made for those who play the game and find dealers needing sales quotas. I always preach the more dealers you get involved the better you will do pricewise. While your waiting for the end of March drive by local dealers you may target for a sale and look on dealers web sites to see who has larger inventory on sport models. Make list of targeted dealerships that your willing to travel to. Again the more dealerships you get involved the better you will do.

Here is what I would say to each dealer by email and direct calls to each Internet manager I call.

Looking to buy a sport model TODAY for X-price. I could hold sale with credit card deposit till I get to you. Tell all dealers any counter offer will be considered but X price gets it done that moment. This puts each dealer on the spot for a immediate sale and your negotiations are under way with targeted dealerships. A lot of times I make deals with the 1st few dealerships I call, sometimes dealers will wait till the next day to lower there price.

Play the game .......................Good luck

edited March 2016
    http://www.realcartips.com/guide/checklist.shtml

@tonyg2016 excellent posting for this forum.

Gregg Fidan use to pick my brain years ago while he was learning this business. He became very knowledgeable in the Auto industry . Gregg started to negotiate vehicle deals for others. My hat goes off to him for his service . I have bought and brokered close to 1100 vehicles in my 45 years for family and friends and speak from many years of experience . The stuff I preach and what you read in Greggs site will help you make a better deal.

Knowing how and when to buy is very important .

Good deals are made by Educating yourself first . Doing your pre homework checklist before negotiating then pitting dealer against each other at months end. To many folks in here are negotiating the wrong time of the month. Markets where pricing is not as good its best to target a buying area of 50 to 100 miles then make the best deal at months end. Extending further could save you a few more dollars if you don't mind traveling.

• bmwm5f1bmwm5f1 Member Posts: 17
    brian125 said:
    Thank you guys so much! I will definitely take all the advice into consideration and hope for the best. Thank you for your time
  • denvermdenverm Member Posts: 358
    ral2167 said:

... am considering an EX-L with or without navigation.  Should I save the money and get the EX-L without the navigation and rely on Android Play (google maps) for any navigation needs? has any one done this and been satisfied?  I can do without the sensing.

I got an EX-L a few weeks ago, without Navi (I'd never pay a grand for that), and Google maps works great through Android Auto (as do phone and text by voice, and a bunch of music apps). I guess that depends on your cell phone having a data connection, so it may not work out on remote roads, but in town it works very well. All the reviews I've read about Sensing indicate that the system is too aggressive and they just ended up turning it off, so I avoided paying for that as well. My price was $25,691, not including tax and license.
  • extremeromanceextremeromance Member Posts: 3
    ryan_tran said:

@mrh4xor: hendrick honda woodbridge Virginia. I did negotiate with sale manager because of the price. Email or talk to them on the phone before head to dealer.

Do you have the contact of the person you negotiated with, there seem to be many sales managers at that dealership, I also live in Virginia and want to buy a ex
    ral2167...I heard that the navigation on the Accord was old school and not worth the cost.  I am happy with my phone navigation options.  I just bought a EX-L in the Dallas area for $24,750 (including $2,200 in add-ons and $500 college grad rebate).  OTD with 6.25% tax was $26,698.

ryan_tran said:

Do you have the contact of the person you negotiated with, there seem to be many sales managers at that dealership, I also live in Virginia and want to buy a ex
    His name is Mathias Atanga.