Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Mercedes GLC Class Lease Questions

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,144
    scratch14 said:

Follow-up

Ended up driving off with a New GLC 4Matic last weekend. after much back and forth (leveraged another dealer against them), I came away with the following -

36 month lease
    12k per year
    Top credit tier, MF of .00166, they finally agreed to give auto pay discount, so .00156

Retail Price $46,775.00 (Premium 1, Blind spot assist, Panorama Sunroof, Burmester Sound, Heated Fr Seats)
    USAA Discount of $1,000
    Selling Price $43,000

36 months $525.72 a month + taxes, registration, etc. due at signing (I'm in NY so taxes are upfront). Not bad, although they whacked me the full markup allowed of $1,095 on the acquisition fee and wouldn't budge.

After driving the vehicle the last few days I have received many compliments and it rides great.

Good luck to all!

Thanks for sharing your deal numbers with us. Looks like a decent deal on a new model.

Congrats and enjoy!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• jalwaaajalwaaa Member Posts: 90
    can the doc fee of 150 be negotiated to be waived off?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
    jalwaaa said:

can the doc fee of 150 be negotiated to be waived off?

Doubtful... it would be easier to just ask for a $150 lower price on the vehicle to make up for it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

ok, i went to 2 different dealership wanting the lease option on a 53k msrp glc rwd, none of them had a car in stock with my required packages and options, my only choice was to order one which would be delivered in feb, now one dealer agreed to talk prices and even agreed to lock down the autopay mf of .00156 and the residual 60% with 5k off the msrp, the other dealer simply refused to talk prices until feb when my ordered car would arrive in the dealership and he would have a vin number, he said that mf and residual change every month and he would not know any feb numbers now and hence cannot lock on prices.

So which dealer is playing foul?
    jalwaaa said:

ok, i went to 2 different dealership wanting the lease option on a 53k msrp glc rwd, none of them had a car in stock with my required packages and options, my only choice was to order one which would be delivered in feb, now one dealer agreed to talk prices and even agreed to lock down the autopay mf of .00156 and the residual 60% with 5k off the msrp, the other dealer simply refused to talk prices until feb when my ordered car would arrive in the dealership and he would have a vin number, he said that mf and residual change every month and he would not know any feb numbers now and hence cannot lock on prices.

So which dealer is playing foul?

Neither .. and both. :smile:

When leasing an ordered car, some manufacturers give the customer the choice of "locking in" the lease terms of the month of order, or using the lease terms that are in effect when the car is delivered and the paperwork is signed.

What you can't do is mix and match .. either you get the terms and incentives of one month or the other. So, it's a bit of a gamble to choose the numbers in February, when you don't know what they will be.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

so here we are talking abt the same manufacturer but different dealer, so which of the mercedes dealer is right ?
    jalwaaa said:

so here we are talking abt the same manufacturer but different dealer, so which of the mercedes dealer is right ?

It is my understanding that you can lock in the rate at the time of the order, so the dealer who won't do that is wrong.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

ok, thank you
  • internizziinternizzi Member Posts: 10
    After much going back and forth trying to locate a GLC from all over Northeast, I finally did a deal (the prior one didn't pan out)

MSRP: $49,885
    Negotiated: $46,630
    Bank fees: $795
    2 year prepaid maintenance: $750
    Fleet disc: ($1,000)
    Adj cap cost: $47,175

MF: 0.00156 (with autopay)
    RV: 62% (7,500 miles - 36 months)

NYC tax: 8.875%

No down payment, all taxes capped. Drive off payment: $850 (first month lease and DMV stuff)

Monthly: $623

Also got a decent deal on the trade-in. Going from an X3.
  • internizziinternizzi Member Posts: 10
    Was curious, what's the RV for 30/7.5 and 30/10?
    thanks. 

Was curious, what's the RV for 30/7.5 and 30/10?
    thanks. 

Just 2% higher than the 36 month numbers. Not payment efficient.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• morekolmorekol Member Posts: 26
    you happen to have the updated numbers (RV, MF) for 36m/12k lease for Jan/16? Unlikely, but is there any lease incentives for Jan?
    morekol said:

you happen to have the updated numbers (RV, MF) for 36m/12k lease for Jan/16? Unlikely, but is there any lease incentives for Jan?

.00166 MF and 60% residual. No apparent incentives.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• breezzebreezze Member Posts: 24
    edited January 2016
    Internet Shopping looking for GLC. Received an offer from Internet Manager. 9% discount on initial offered without walking into showroom. Pricing looks very legitimate for a new model. Quite positive there is some room for haggling.

MSRP:        $ 44,725
    Your Price:  $ 40,896
  • q5chicagoq5chicago Member Posts: 23
    what are current RV % and MF for GLC300 4MATIC in chicago area ?
    q5chicago said:

what are current RV % and MF for GLC300 4MATIC in chicago area ?

What lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• q5chicagoq5chicago Member Posts: 23
    sorry forgot to mention, 36/7.5 or 39/7.5
    q5chicago said:

sorry forgot to mention, 36/7.5 or 39/7.5

62% for 36/7.5

No 39 month program from MB

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• samny1samny1 Member Posts: 125
    HI,

Do you have the February MF and RV for a 36 month 15K lease in the New York area for a GLC300 4Matic?

Thanks,

SM
    Also, what would be the difference if it was 12K?

Thanks
    samny1 said:
    HI, Do you have the February MF and RV for a 36 month 15K lease in the New York area for a GLC300 4Matic? Thanks, SM
    .00166 and 58%

samny1 said:
    Also, what would be the difference if it was 12K? Thanks
    60%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

samny1 said:

HI,

Do you have the February MF and RV for a 36 month 15K lease in the New York area for a GLC300 4Matic?

Thanks,

SM

.00166 and 58%

samny1 said:

Also, what would be the difference if it was 12K?

Thanks

60%

Thank YOu
    Yesterday I had a dealer in NY give me a MF of .00156 on an offer. I never saw them mark down an MF!
    samny1 said:

Yesterday I had a dealer in NY give me a MF of .00156 on an offer. I never saw them mark down an MF!

There is a .00010 discount for auto-pay.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

samny1 said:

There is a .00010 discount for auto-pay.
    Ahhh! Thanks
  • jimdandy2jimdandy2 Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2016
    I would like to get into a 2016 GLC lease. Here are my criteria:

1) I want the Driver Assistance package and Multimedia package. These are must-haves.
    2) Dark interior. This is almost a must-have.
    3) No Diamond Silver color. This is almost a deal-killer.

Other than the above, I'm pretty flexible as to which particular car.

MB dealer offered me:

A) 36 month lease, 10,000 miles per year.
    B) Total purchase price of $51,255 (not including sales tax, license, or title fees)
    C) MF of .00166
    D) $7,000 cash upfront
    E) Monthly payment of $591.81

The MB dealer didn't give me the residual value they used, but based on a lease calculator, it seems like they're using a residual value of about $27,200. This equates to a residual percentage of about 53.1%. Am I doing this math correctly?

On this particular deal, the car they are offering has a $1,000 discount and it is a "launch" edition.

Is this a good deal? I've never leased before but instinctively DO NOT trust car dealers. I always assume they are screwing me.
    jimdandy2 said:

I would like to get into a 2016 GLC lease. Here are my criteria:

1) I want the Driver Assistance package and Multimedia package. These are must-haves.
    2) Dark interior. This is almost a must-have.
    3) No Diamond Silver color. This is almost a deal-killer.

Other than the above, I'm pretty flexible as to which particular car.

MB dealer offered me:

A) 36 month lease, 10,000 miles per year.
    B) Total purchase price of $51,255 (not including sales tax, license, or title fees)
    C) MF of .00166
    D) $7,000 cash upfront
    E) Monthly payment of $591.81

The MB dealer didn't give me the residual value they used, but based on a lease calculator, it seems like they're using a residual value of about $27,200. This equates to a residual percentage of about 53.1%. Am I doing this math correctly?

On this particular deal, the car they are offering has a $1,000 discount and it is a "launch" edition.

Is this a good deal? I've never leased before but instinctively DO NOT trust car dealers. I always assume they are screwing me.

.00166 and 61% for 36/10

Need to know the sticker price.

We don't recommend making a down payment - that money would be lost if the car is stolen or totaled.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell,

Thank you! I didn't take a picture of the sticker. Lesson learned. However, I did take a picture of the lease quote he gave to me, and it shows a MSRP of $52,105. Is MSRP equivalent to sticker price?

I found a GLC out of area with a MSRP of $48,500. What kind of final price (cap cost?) should I be targeting on that car? The dealer is asking me for my best offer right now. Should I give him an offer or insist that he offers?

Good to know about the down payment being lost. Is that sort of thing covered at all by gap insurance?

Finally, is there a good lease calculator out there? I've been using the one on cars.com and compared it to the calculator at bankrate.com. I get two different numbers there and a third different number on a third calculator. The numbers are significantly different. Any recommendations on which calculator to use?
    jimdandy2 said:

Michaell,

Thank you! I didn't take a picture of the sticker. Lesson learned. However, I did take a picture of the lease quote he gave to me, and it shows a MSRP of $52,105. Is MSRP equivalent to sticker price?

I found a GLC out of area with a MSRP of $48,500. What kind of final price (cap cost?) should I be targeting on that car? The dealer is asking me for my best offer right now. Should I give him an offer or insist that he offers?

Good to know about the down payment being lost. Is that sort of thing covered at all by gap insurance?

Finally, is there a good lease calculator out there? I've been using the one on cars.com and compared it to the calculator at bankrate.com. I get two different numbers there and a third different number on a third calculator. The numbers are significantly different. Any recommendations on which calculator to use?

MSRP is the sticker price.

Use this link to build your own calculator - http://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/calculate-your-own-lease-payment.html

Gap insurance won't recover your down payment.

We don't track transaction prices.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited February 2016
    Michaell said:

Use this link to build your own calculator - http://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/calculate-your-own-lease-payment.html 

Michaell,

Thanks again.  That is all awesome info.

Is $45,500 a good price to target in my negotiations for the car described above (2016 GLC black on black with Driver Assistance and Multimedia packages)? Should I be offering lower or is that unrealistically low?

jimdandy2 said:

Michaell said:

Michaell,

Thanks again.  That is all awesome info.

Is $45,500 a good price to target in my negotiations for the car described above (2016 GLC black on black with Driver Assistance and Multimedia packages)? Should I be offering lower or is that unrealistically low?

Again, we don't track selling prices. Use the "Make / model / year" pull downs at the top of the page to link to the Edmunds price tools.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• DIMNJDIMNJ Member Posts: 84
    edited February 2016
    I got mine today, here is the deal:
    Msrp: $49885
    36mo/12K miles lease in NJ (7% tax)
    Res: 60%,
    mf: 0.00156 with autopay
    $560/mo with
    Total cash $2000
    + 1st payment of $560
    Hope it'd help.
    disla said:

I got mine today, here is the deal:
    Msrp: $49885
    36mo/12K miles lease in NJ (7% tax)
    Res: 60%,
    mf: 0.00156 with autopay
    $560/mo with
    Total cash $2000
    + 1st payment of $560
    Hope it'd help.

Congrats on the new Mercedes!

Thanks for checking in with your details.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    jimdandy2,

The GLC is newly updated from the GLK. Very few dealers are going to discount much if at all. Most of the GLC's I have seen are either preordered or any stock vehicles are immediately sold. That being said, if you are a loyal MB customer and have a relationship with that dealer you may get a discount which could be $500 to $1,000. Do you qualify for fleet money? If so do not tell dealer and try to work out your best deal. At the end of negotiations then you work in the fleet discount.
  • DIMNJDIMNJ Member Posts: 84
    mlevine said:

jimdandy2,

The GLC is newly updated from the GLK. Very few dealers are going to discount much if at all. Most of the GLC's I have seen are either preordered or any stock vehicles are immediately sold. That being said, if you are a loyal MB customer and have a relationship with that dealer you may get a discount which could be $500 to $1,000. Do you qualify for fleet money? If so do not tell dealer and try to work out your best deal. At the end of negotiations then you work in the fleet discount.

Are you a sales guy? See my deal above. I got about 10% off of msrp.
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    disla,

I am not a sales guy. I not only lease vehicles for myself, but also help some friends and neighbors. I never base my discount on how much it is off MRSP. I look at invoice on the vehicle, then if there is money available on the vehicle take this off invoice, and also add back to this number any money added to acquisition fee and dealer fee or doc fee or prep fee. I then work my way up from this number. One also needs to look at any cash given up front as often some of this money is used to lower the cap cost price of the vehicle. I really only look at MRSP for the residual value of the vehicle. As always some deals can be better in certain regions of the US than others. Being in the southeast I can tell you inventory is toward the lower end. In addition, one may not be able to get a vehicle with certain packages they want. I can tell you inventory on the E, C, and even GLE class is better than the GLC. Enjoy your new GLC and let us know on the forum how you like it.
  • aenezi21aenezi21 Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2016
    Any changes for March? 36/12 on a GLC 4MATIC. Thanks!
    aenezi21 said:

Any changes for March? 36/12 on a GLC 4MATIC. Thanks!

60% and .00166

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

glc300 rwd 36/12 & 26/15 residual & mf?
    jalwaaa said:

glc300 rwd 36/12 & 26/15 residual & mf?

36/12 - 60% and .00166

Subtract 2% for 15K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• gosixsixgosixsix Member Posts: 9
    what would be a realistic monthly payment pre tax on a 36 month 12k miles?

only looking for a base model. backup cam is all I am looking for.

39-40k msrp

thank you
    gosixsix said:

what would be a realistic monthly payment pre tax on a 36 month 12k miles?

only looking for a base model. backup cam is all I am looking for.

39-40k msrp

thank you

.00166 MF and 60% residual.

Would need to know a proposed selling price to calculate a payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited March 2016
    The best I could do is
    MSRP $39,755
    Before tax is was $36,238
    $39.979.24 after taxes

thank you in advance for your help
    gosixsix said:

The best I could do is
    MSRP $39,755
    Before tax is was $36,238
    $39.979.24 after taxes

thank you in advance for your help

$554/mo with those numbers. However, the tax doesn't seem right .. that looks like a purchase tax amount on the entire selling price. What state is this?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited March 2016

Los Angeles, CA
    gosixsix said:

Los Angeles, CA

CA taxes the monthly payment, so a price with tax added is irrelevant on a lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• notoryusnotoryus Member Posts: 2
    50k msrp
    49k after discount
    36/12

Mf .00186
    rv 70%
    WA state

first 14 months is 505 then remaining is 555.

is this a good deal for glc lease with premium and parking assist options? Thanks!
    notoryus said:

50k msrp
    49k after discount
    36/12

Mf .00186
    rv 70%
    WA state

is this a good deal for glc lease with premium and parking assist options? Thanks!

MF is marked up; base MF is .00166.

36/12 residual for the GLC is 60%, not 70%.

I don't understand how or why the payment increases after 14 months ... never seen that before in a lease.

Using $50K as the MSRP and $49K as the cap cost, I get $659/mo before tax using the base MF and 36/12 residual.

I'm not sure how the dealer is getting to $505 or $555

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• notoryusnotoryus Member Posts: 2
    Michaell said:
    50k msrp
    49k after discount
    36/12

Mf .00186
    rv 70%
    WA state

MF is marked up; base MF is .00166. 36/12 residual for the GLC is 60%, not 70%. I don't understand how or why the payment increases after 14 months ... never seen that before in a lease. Using $50K as the MSRP and $49K as the cap cost, I get $659/mo before tax using the base MF and 36/12 residual. I'm not sure how the dealer is getting to $505 or $555
    Michaell,

thanks for the info! Actually i am trading a car valued at 12.5k and have a pay off of 6k.
  • floweremflowerem Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking for a 2016 GLC 300 4Matic and was disappointed in the dealer lease offer. Can you tell me what numbers you have for:

MSRP: 53,220 + 925 destination
    10k/36mo

Thanks!