Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 Edge Roof Rails - Order them from the factory or you're out of luck

rbullersrbullers Member Posts: 3
edited March 2016 in Ford
When I got my new Ford Edge they didn't have the color I wanted in stock with roof rails. So I bought one thinking I could add them afterward. Well since 2015 for the Ford Edge and the new flush mount design Ford won't sell the parts and while you can buy the aftermarket cluggy car carrier offerings from Yamaha that clamp on the door drip moldings. This type is a temporary solution and the car clamps can chip your paint if you are not careful. Anyone have a good solution? I need rails to mount and haul my kayak and a Thule cargo carrier on top when I go skiing with friends.

Comments

• Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    Only solution I know of is the Thule or Yakima racks.
  • Options
    rbullersrbullers Member Posts: 3
    I did find an after market solution that worked. I found a solution which included Proline rails and Thule Podium rack. It is a little scary to install as you have to drill and use self taping screws into the roof. But the install actually is pretty simple and straight forward. The end product looks and works as well as the factory product and the cost is about $100 less. By the way I really love the Ford Edge Sport. It has the power, ride and looks good.
  • Options
    bobbiej23bobbiej23 Member Posts: 1
    I'm having the same issue currently.. any chance you can tell me specifically what parts you used on your Edge?
  • Options
    cherriflyfishcherriflyfish Member Posts: 1
    I'm having the same problem with my 2019 Kia Sorento. I would like to to find the same product for my vehicle.