Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Instrument Cluster Shows the Important Stuff - 2015 Ford F-150 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2016 in Ford
imageInstrument Cluster Shows the Important Stuff - 2015 Ford F-150 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.com appreciates the large and customizable instrument cluster in its long-term 2015 Ford F-150.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Agreed, looks very clean and useful. It'd be cool if when you started the vehicle (maybe it does already) if it showed a quick status page for things like Tire Pressure and Oil Level (speaking of which, is that Oil Level or Oil Pressure?), just as a quick "you're good to go" type of info.
  • Options
    misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    For some reason, other cars' digital gauges can't see their way to displaying the oil temp and trans temp at the same time. Bravo to Ford for accomplishing this apparently difficult feat. (Seriously though...I like these instruments, and I usually have the opposite reaction to Ford gauges.)
  • Options
    longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455

Agreed, looks very clean and useful. It'd be cool if when you started the vehicle (maybe it does already) if it showed a quick status page for things like Tire Pressure and Oil Level (speaking of which, is that Oil Level or Oil Pressure?), just as a quick "you're good to go" type of info.

If so, it begs the question of how they drove it 10,000 miles with 4 extra quarts of oil in it.

• Options
    schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    The digital information center looks very nice. Good job to Ford on these gauges.
  • Options
    Kimberly8Kimberly8 Member Posts: 1
    I would like to know what the last on the far right the symbol on the top is ? The first three I know oil, temp, fuel, but what is the last?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,212
    Kimberly8 said:

I would like to know what the last on the far right the symbol on the top is ? The first three I know oil, temp, fuel, but what is the last?

I think it's oil temperature

The first temperature gauge measures coolant temperature.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator