Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Drilling Holes for a License Plate - 2016 Chevrolet Volt

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2016 in Chevrolet
imageDrilling Holes for a License Plate - 2016 Chevrolet Volt

California is one of 31 states that require a front license plate. Now that the plates arrived for our 2016 Chevrolet Volt, it was time to drill some holes.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Oh my, you just DRILLED holes into your brand new Volt? Crazy. Of course, I guess its more crazy that I live in Georgia and work in Tennessee and that represents 2 of just 19 states that DON'T require front license plates.
  • Options
    iamthestigiamthestig Member Posts: 85
    I'm so glad I live in Pennsylvania where front license plates aren't required.
  • Options
    tom_in_mntom_in_mn Member Posts: 61
    I would swap out those screws for stainless steel ones, as I always plan on keeping my cars a long time. If you are stuck with a plate, at least you can avoid the rust stains.
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    Yeah it bites, but in West LA/SoCal/driving on PCH parking enforcement relish giving out tickets for this. And moto cops/hwy patrol love to use it as an excuse to pull u over. I had the bracket put on my car before I picked it up cuz I just didn't want to deal w the aggro later.
  • Options
    schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    Even though CA requires a front license plate, I've driven 20 years without a plate on my cars and never had a problem with the police. My most recent car just purchased 2 weeks ago, already had the front plate installed via drilling into the bumper. Sigh.
  • Options
    subatomicsubatomic Member Posts: 140
    No front license plate required here in quaint little Delaware. No sales tax either :-)
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    As a European that moved to the US, don't get me started on the laundry list of stupidity regarding plates in this country.
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671

As a European that moved to the US, don't get me started on the laundry list of stupidity regarding plates in this country.

Go on..
  • Options
    gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514

I'm so glad I live in Pennsylvania where front license plates aren't required.

Me, too; it's one thing PA has right, anyway.