Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jimmyddjimmydd Member Posts: 9
    slaboi21 said:

Thank you, yes I like the white with dark wheels. I looked up each dealer and found the staff on their website and contacted each sales GM. If I found a dealer that didn't list that information then I went to the next one. It's usually under meet the staff or something similar. I knew pretty quickly which GM's were willing to deal and be more flexible, I felt the most comfortable with the one I bought from and probably would have still did business if he was a couple hundred more so I wouldn't have as much hassle. It was a really good experience once I got the phone negotiations out of the way, no bait and switch or pressure sales tactics once I got there. Very smooth.

Can you give me the name of the person you dealt with at Rusty Wallis? Thanks
  • slaboi21slaboi21 Member Posts: 10
    Jim Beason , sits at front desk, says he's been there about 9 years. Tell him Shaun sent you.
    Also that Gm was very fair to work with, that was what brought me in.
    Thanks, just spoke with Jim. will let you know how things work out.
    Great thanks. He knows I should be getting that customer service survey any day so hopefully that works to your advantage lol.
  • jchen1986jchen1986 Member Posts: 2
    samka said:

I was wondering if I got a good quote for 2016 Honda Accord LX CVT (no sensing). Please advise.
    MSRP: 23,740
    Sales price including the destination fees - $19,025
    Processing fee - $599
    Taxes for NC - $588.72
    Tags for NC - $118
    Out-The-Door - $20,330.72

May I ask what dealer you dealt with in NC? Thanks.
  • jchen1986jchen1986 Member Posts: 2
    samka said:

I was wondering if I got a good quote for 2016 Honda Accord LX CVT (no sensing). Please advise.
    MSRP: 23,740
    Sales price including the destination fees - $19,025
    Processing fee - $599
    Taxes for NC - $588.72
    Tags for NC - $118
    Out-The-Door - $20,330.72

May I ask what dealer you dealt with in NC? Thanks.
  • izmeeh5izmeeh5 Member Posts: 11
    brian125 said:
    You may be able to save a few more dollars buying the last 2 days, last day of this month.
    Thanks, brian125.  

I asked because I had 3 dealerships offered me the same price ($19,200) and 3 people on here listed their sale price around $19,000.  The standard processing fee around here is $80 so they can't just up that amount to make up for their lower sale price.  I do see the $19,025 sale price with $599 processing fee.  That's why I was hoping to see the break down of the other two $19,000 sale price.  I went with the Karr Alarm for $300.  I was offered the 10 year extended guaranty and the 3 year maintenance package for $1,500 but I didn't know the going price of those to counter.  

I look forward to see how much lower people can get this car for at the end of the month.  
  • seattle_jdseattle_jd Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am from WA state and the best offer I have received is the following :
    Model : Honda Accord EX-L V6 with Navi and Sensing
    MSRP : $33 580
    Invoice : $30,900 (includes $125 in advertising fees)
    Selling price : $29,350 (including destination fees)
    Taxes : ~9.5%
    Dealer docu fees : $150
    License and registration : ~$250

We are at $1550 under invoice I am thinking that with the holdback at 2% of MSRP ($670) and the factory incentive at $1000, we may not have any more margin than that.

Is this a good deal? Should we wait till end of March?
    Just picked up my Accord EXL. Price is as follows:

1,566 tax
    375 License Fee, prep, etc
    26,999 OTD

This was in Dallas. Tried for 2 days to get someone to bite on 26,500 OTD but no one wanted to play ball. The only dealership that would negotiate over email was Rusty Wallis Honda. Everyone else wanted me to come in. Guess I could have gotten 26.5K if I was a recent grad or had recent military service. Process went very smooth. No surprises.
    Glad it worked out, I felt it went smooth there too. Did Jim take care of you?
    edited March 2016
    On driveaccord.net in case it helps someone in Houston.

"I bought 2016 honda accord exl for $26500 drive out at honda of spring in houston, no accessories added."
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    izmeeh5 said:
    On driveaccord.net in case it helps someone in Houston.

"I bought 2016 honda accord exl for $26500 drive out at honda of spring in houston, no accessories added."
    This doesn't help when we don't know taxes, title, license fees. What did you pay before that? Am I nuts?
  • maxpayne22maxpayne22 Member Posts: 1
    2016 Honda Accord Sport CVT With SENSING

date car was bought 03/19/2016

Price Paid:
    $ 21,148
    $ 299 Dealer Processing
    $ 350 Title And Tags
    $ 168 Splash Guards
    $ 100 Wheel Locks
    $ 1323 6% Maryland Sales Tax
    ---------------
    $ 23400 OTD

Northwest Honda
    9701 Reisterstown Rd
    Owings Mills MD 21117

• jerryh88jerryh88 Member Posts: 5
    Hi, I live in West Texas. Use Dallas offer as bench mark to negotiate with local dealer and they didn't give me all the detail since we discussed Drive Out Price only, so for Accord LX CVT, I was offered $21,860.

Should I take it?
    I just realized I didn't list where I got my 2016 Honda Accord LX from. I'm listing it now in case it helps someone.

Sonny Luc
    Larry Hopkins Honda
    Sunnyvale, California

Since 3 dealerships offered me the same price for the 2016 Honda Accord LX, I went with Sonny of Larry Hopkins Honda since he seemed straight forward and offered me free wheel locks. The transaction went smoothly.

Price: $19,200
    Doc fee: $80
    CA Tire fee: $8.75
    DMV: $265
    Tax (8.75%): $1,687
    Total: $21,240.75
  • redredrabbitredredrabbit Member Posts: 44
    izmeeh5 said:

I just realized I didn't list where I got my 2016 Honda Accord LX from. I'm listing it now in case it helps someone.

Sonny Luc
    Larry Hopkins Honda
    Sunnyvale, California

Since 3 dealerships offered me the same price for the 2016 Honda Accord LX, I went with Sonny of Larry Hopkins Honda since he seemed straight forward and offered me free wheel locks. The transaction went smoothly.

Price: $19,200
    Doc fee: $80
    CA Tire fee: $8.75
    DMV: $265
    Tax (8.75%): $1,687
    Total: $21,240.75

Thanks for this info. Did you pay cash or finance? Have a trade-in vehicle?
  • bmwm5f1bmwm5f1 Member Posts: 17
    izmeeh5 said:
    I just realized I didn't list where I got my 2016 Honda Accord LX from. I'm listing it now in case it helps someone. Sonny Luc Larry Hopkins Honda Sunnyvale, California Since 3 dealerships offered me the same price for the 2016 Honda Accord LX, I went with Sonny of Larry Hopkins Honda since he seemed straight forward and offered me free wheel locks. The transaction went smoothly. Price: $19,200 Doc fee: $80 CA Tire fee: $8.75 DMV: $265 Tax (8.75%): $1,687 Total: $21,240.75
    Believe it or not, Larry Hopkins Honda was on my list to email this week. I will definitely ask for Sonny Luc. Thank you!

Thanks for this info. Did you pay cash or finance? Have a trade-in vehicle?

I financed. Usually, cash payment or finance shouldn't matter to the price quoted since one should always go to the dealership with a pre-approval letter from a bank/credit union. No trade-in.
    bmwm5f1 said:

Believe it or not, Larry Hopkins Honda was on my list to email this week. I will definitely ask for Sonny Luc. Thank you!

No problem. Which car are you getting?
  • bmwm5f1bmwm5f1 Member Posts: 17
    izmeeh5 said:
    No problem. Which car are you getting?
    If things work out as planned, I'll get a 2016 Accord sport in white.
    slaboi21 said:

Glad it worked out, I felt it went smooth there too. Did Jim take care of you?

He was actually working with another customer when we got there so he got someone else to help. Since the price was agreed to before I went in, there was no further negotiation. It did come with the standard dealer package (paint/fabric protection, molding pkg, splash guards, cargo tray, tint, wheel locks, pin stripes) so I was ok with paying above my target price. They did say I could wait a week or two and get one off the 'truck' for $26.5K but I was ok with paying $499 for the above listed accessories.
    Cool, as long as you were happy that's all that matters. I told them I didn't care what accessories was on it that if they wanted to make a sale that I wasn't paying for them. I say that all in a nice way of course but you have to play that game and I did that before I got there. I really like the service there and took care of them on the review. 
  • ilovehondailovehonda Member Posts: 14
    Need your opinion on this offer I have in Dallas (DFW):

2016 Honda Accord EX-L w/ Navigation & Sensing
    Included accessories: Window Tint, Honda Protection Package: (wheel locks, splash guards, cargo tray), Pinstripe, Paint & Fabric Protection
    Invoice: $28,884
    MSRP: $31,505
    OTD offer: $28,832.50 (incl tt&l, tax included is 6.25%)

Do you all think this is a good deal? Thanks for your input.
  • pranutjpranutj Member Posts: 3

Included accessories: Window Tint, Honda Protection Package: (wheel locks, splash guards, cargo tray), Pinstripe, Paint & Fabric Protection

Which dealer ?
  • s12tmartins12tmartin Member Posts: 2
    If you are even thinking about buying a Honda, you MUST go to Hendricks Honda of Woodbridge. Not only did they give the best price ($21,900 OTD for the Accord Sport and $22,400 for SE), but they also include a lifetime warranty on the engine, transmission and power train. 

Ask for Bobby. He is the best and kindest salesperson I have ever met. I called after finding their name here on this forum. One phone call, I named my price, he took 5 minutes to consult with his managers and he beat what I asked for! Also the price never changed from start to finish, except to go down by $500!! Even if they weren't the cheapest (which they were by far) I would have come here solely for the customer service. I live in northern MD and I made the hour plus drive down there. Totally worth it! On top of everything else, they got me tire protection for $2 more a month and they matched the carmax offer on my trade in (saving me $800+ in excise tax!)

Even the finance guy was personable and honest. 

Best experience ever!! Ask for Bobby and you will NOT regret it! 

I spent months semi seriously searching for a car, and weeks grinding it out. Everyone tried left and right to screw me all the while swearing they would never do such a thing, and cursing the salesmen out there that give them a bad name. It is difficult, but you just need to take the time to educate yourself on what a good price is for the exact car you want, down to the color and accessories, and bring Bobby your price. He will make it happen. (And he gives you a $25 gift card after your purchase as the cherry on top!) A real southern gentleman. 

• samkasamka Member Posts: 9
    s12tmartin: Do you have breakup of $21,900 OTD for the Accord Sport
    pranutj said:

Which dealer ?
    Huggins Honda.
  • AccordShopperAccordShopper Member Posts: 6

If you are even thinking about buying a Honda, you MUST go to Hendricks Honda of Woodbridge. Not only did they give the best price ($21,900 OTD for the Accord Sport and $22,400 for SE), but they also include a lifetime warranty on the engine, transmission and power train. 

Ask for Bobby. He is the best and kindest salesperson I have ever met. I called after finding their name here on this forum. One phone call, I named my price, he took 5 minutes to consult with his managers and he beat what I asked for! Also the price never changed from start to finish, except to go down by $500!! Even if they weren't the cheapest (which they were by far) I would have come here solely for the customer service. I live in northern MD and I made the hour plus drive down there. Totally worth it! On top of everything else, they got me tire protection for $2 more a month and they matched the carmax offer on my trade in (saving me $800+ in excise tax!)

Even the finance guy was personable and honest. 

Best experience ever!! Ask for Bobby and you will NOT regret it! 

I spent months semi seriously searching for a car, and weeks grinding it out. Everyone tried left and right to screw me all the while swearing they would never do such a thing, and cursing the salesmen out there that give them a bad name. It is difficult, but you just need to take the time to educate yourself on what a good price is for the exact car you want, down to the color and accessories, and bring Bobby your price. He will make it happen. (And he gives you a $25 gift card after your purchase as the cherry on top!) A real southern gentleman. 

That looks like a great deal. I got mine with sensing for $24,100 OTD:

Selling Price: 21,932.61
    Destination: 835.00
    Tax: 1422.98
    License, Title: 207.00
    Inventory Tax: 52.41
    Doc Fee: 150

Total: 24,600

Recent Grad Rebate: -500

OTD: 24,100

looks like I could have gotten a better deal if I had shopped around.
  • pranutjpranutj Member Posts: 3
    I have been negotiating the price for a new Accord at various dealerships near me for . The best quote I got was from Rusty Wallis. And they are really nice people to talk to, not pushy and to the point.
    edited March 2016
    pranutj said:

I have been negotiating the price for a new Accord at various dealerships near me for . The best quote I got was from Rusty Wallis. And they are really nice people to talk to, not pushy and to the point.

Can you let me know what trim you are looking at and what the offer was?
  • crazy4cars4crazy4cars4 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2016
    I am in MN, and looking to buy LX or LX with sensing. Anyone in MN bought it recently, and if can share the price? For LX with sensing I've got the lowest price of 20700 + tax 1365+ 75 doc fee + 580 other fees = 22720. Is this good deal? I checked old posts, and saw someone got sports with sensing (?? or without) at 21148, per that this doesn't seem a good deal for lx with sensing. Thank you in advance.
  • chelseafc_mhchelseafc_mh Member Posts: 9
    Hello All,

what should be my target price for a Honda accord EXL-V6 (No Navi)

i am looking to negotiate the selling price first, then actually lease it

any help would be greatly appreciated
  • jehaanmjehaanm Member Posts: 1
    Looking to buy 2016 Honda Accord EX (non-Sensing) in San Jose, CA area. Have a quote for $22,250 (plus tax / license but this price does include destination). Is this a good deal? Lowest I saw elsewhere was 22,900. Thanks!
    edited March 2016
    jehaanm said:
    Looking to buy 2016 Honda Accord EX (non-Sensing) in San Jose, CA area. Have a quote for $22,250 (plus tax / license but this price does include destination). Is this a good deal? Lowest I saw elsewhere was 22,900. Thanks!
    That's a good price, if they don't try to add additional fees. Lowest I saw for the EX last week was $22,900 as well.
  • chelseafc_mhchelseafc_mh Member Posts: 9
    What is the lowest price you have seen for the EX-L V6? I initially wanted the Sport due to looks but i am having a hard time convincing myself of a 4 cylinder since i have been used to 6 cylinders for the last 10 years

so far for a lease i have several quotes and they are all around $370 for 36/15 with no down, is this an ok lease price . selling price i am getting is $26,300
  • tonyg2016tonyg2016 Member Posts: 728
    $370 is way too high if the sell price is 26300!

weymouth:
    MSRP incl. destination $31,580.00
    Lease Price $26,391.63
    Residual $16,737.40 (53% of MSRP)
    307 pre-tax and fees

• AccordShopperAccordShopper Member Posts: 6
    Is this a reasonable deal for 2016 Sport with Sensing?

Selling Price: 21,932.61
    Destination: 835.00
    Tax: 1422.98
    License, Title: 207.00
    Inventory Tax: 52.41
    Doc Fee: 150

Total: 24,600

Recent Grad Rebate: -500

OTD: 24,100
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited March 2016
    AccordShopper................................................ Excellent deal buy it .

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• qwerty01qwerty01 Member Posts: 1
    In Connecticut....

2016 Accord LX 4dr CVT.
    Dealer has "internet pricing" of $20K (includes destination but before TTLR)...got this information over the phone.
    Trying to get someone to take $19K.
    Given that tomorrow is March 31st, what's my strategy? If no one bites, do I take what I can get or go into April?
  • leochengleocheng Member Posts: 5
    anyone knows where to buy a separate gap insurance? The car was 100% financed including tax. I opt out my dealer's offer and later found out my insurance company geico does not offer gap insurance. sucks. Do not prefer to move my insurance
  • mmedicmmedic Member Posts: 15
    Just purchased 2016 Accord EX-L with accessories (splash guards, trunk tray, wheel locks, nitrogen, etc.) for $25,500 + TTL.
    edited April 2016
    @leocheng

If you cannot get Gap insurance through Geico, try CarInsurance.com they offer a number of different GAP policy's throughout the states.

• accordexlnavaccordexlnav Member Posts: 17
    Just Leased a 2016 Accord Sedan Touring V6 white
    zero at signing for a 36/12 lease 35 payments of 399.29/month+tax=435.23/m so cal
    MSRP $35515.00
    Adjusted Cap cost $31575.00
    enjoy your new ride

• bradz06bradz06 Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2016
    Do any of you know where in southern california I can get a deal on a Honda Accord Sport Lunar silver with sensing? I'm looking to pay at the most 24,600 OTD.
  • aathivinayagaraathivinayagar Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2016
    I live in NJ..

2016 Accord LX with no options.
    Price $18,450
    Doc processing fee $450
    Destination Fee: $900
    Tax 7% + Title + Registration
    OTD: $21300

Is it a good deal?
    is it a good deal?
    edited April 2016
    What pricing did you get so far.? Leave OTD pricing out for now... ONLY post Vehicle selling price with or without the destination charge .

edited April 2016
    Dealer price:$20799 (with Destination fee)
    Ended with $19800 - (Vehicle(18450) + DOC price(450) + Destination(900)) .. not sure if i have answered your question