Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Bring Back the Chevy HHR!

Rod FreemanRod Freeman Member Posts: 1
edited June 2015 in Chevrolet
Anyone else like to see the Chevy HHR make a comeback? I have a 2006 LT, 107.000 miles. I would buy a new one in a heartbeat. Sense being discontinued in 2011- I've seen more HHR's on the road then ever. Most of them still look brand new. Yeah, there were some issues with these cars ... but over all they seem to be withstanding the test of time. Love mine and plan on keeping it until the wheels won't turn any longer. Will pick up a used when this one does finally konk out. :D

Comments

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    I did sort of like the look of the HHR as I tend to like cars that at least have a distinct style and don't look like everything else on the road. (The infestation of jelly bean Ford Taurus clones comes to mind) But the HHR had a serious drawback for me... driver visibility. The Dodge Caliber and Dodge Magnum are right there too.

It IS a bummer when the discontinue a favorite on you tho'
  • cmhj2000cmhj2000 Member Posts: 381
    Bought a used 2010 about 2 years ago. Like my guns, they can have it when they pry my cold dead fingers off the steering wheel.
    cmhj2000 said:

Bought a used 2010 about 2 years ago. Like my guns, they can have it when they pry my cold dead fingers off the steering wheel.

Heh... we DO love our cars B)

• gjweinert1gjweinert1 Member Posts: 2
    You can buy mine anytime,  2006 LT1 UPGRADED TO LT2 OPTIONS.  110,000 Today. 
  • cmhj2000cmhj2000 Member Posts: 381
    I too liked it, was easy to get in and out, great for around town ~sigh~
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,707
    edited November 2015
    Check out a Kia Soul, too bad they didn't update the Scion xB. A Subaru Forester would be similar, but AWD.
  • one1carfanone1carfan Member Posts: 1
    I bought 2009 HHr LS in Oct 2015 like the car when the opertunity came up for me to buy a 2010 HHR SS for sale I jumped on it .I gave my 2009 JS to my sone he loves it and I love my SS last year for SS unless something changes. IT is a auto but when turbo kicks in I can goes!
  • hhrterriblehhrterrible Member Posts: 2
    Hhr is a piece of junk, do not buy, shuts off has tons of electrical problems, read all reviews complete garbage
    I remember seeing the HHR at the Phily Auto Show and thinking it was kind of good looking, although I like things that have distinctive looks. Then I sat in it, and the lack of visibility was enough to put it on my "don't bother" list. Not quite as bad as the Dodge Magnum, but right there with the Caliber!
  • RavenStarRavenStar Member Posts: 1

Anyone else like to see the Chevy HHR make a comeback? I have a 2006 LT, 107.000 miles. I would buy a new one in a heartbeat. Sense being discontinued in 2011- I've seen more HHR's on the road then ever. Most of them still look brand new. Yeah, there were some issues with these cars ... but over all they seem to be withstanding the test of time. Love mine and plan on keeping it until the wheels won't turn any longer. Will pick up a used when this one does finally konk out. :D

Yes...I agree...I wish they would bring it back,I would buy a new one as well,at first I thought this car was awkward,then it grew on me to like it...now... it's like an obsession,I love my HHR.
  • PF_Flyer said:
    Heh... we DO love our cars B)

• I have a 2007 Chevy HHR and I love the car need to bring it back.
  • PrbydomPrbydom Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2010 HHR we bought it 3 years ago with 100,000 miles on it!! I'd love 2 have another one as this is my 3rd since 2011( the other 2 we totaled by Irresponsible drivers). Bring it back I'd keep this one and still buy the new model the only issues we've had were with the lights other than routine maintenance. Very affordable to maintain!!!
  • WendySareeWendySaree Member Posts: 1
    HHR definitely needs to make a come back!!!! Especially with more SS models in circulation.