Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Disappointing Fuel Range - 2015 Kia Sedona SX-L Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2016 in Kia

imageDisappointing Fuel Range - 2015 Kia Sedona SX-L Long-Term Road Test

In the real world our long-term 2015 Kia Sedona has less than 400 miles of range.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    These boxes are thirsty. The best I've achieved with my 2010 Odyssey w/o Honda's Variable Cylinder Management was 397.7 miles that yielded 22.78 MPG. I filled that up when the gas light came on; the only DTE meter in that car.

That's not to say it can't get decent mileage- my best tank average was 25.43 MPG over 243.1 miles. The van is rated for 16 City/23 Highway/18 Combined; I've averaged 20.1 MPG over the past 25,209 recorded miles. I'm happy with that.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Hm, I got a used '09 Grand Caravan a couple of years ago and it usually gets 20 in town, 24 or better on the road. Lifetime on my '99 Quest over 15 years was 21ish combined.

The comfortable range on the Quest was 350 miles while I often push 400 in the Dodge (but it has a 20+ gallon tank vs the 18 in the Quest).
  • Options
    mchen4mchen4 Member Posts: 2
    That is disappointing indeed. I get >420 miles nearly every fill up with my 19.2 gallon tank of my 09 Toyota Highlander with its 2.7L engine.
  • Options
    daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    These fuel economy rating reactions are all over vet the board. What I've noticed is if the vehicle is cool, y'all post reasons it didn't meet the ratings, like the viper and mustang. If it's boring, edmunds complains about it being off.
  • Options
    longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455
    Eke. Not Eek.
  • Options
    rfreeman06rfreeman06 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2016
    This is a gauge cluster of a model below the SX-L. You guys are driving an SX-L in your test, correct? The SX-L cluster has a full center display as well as electronic gas and temperature gauges.

Unless Kia made that design change during the '15 model year after you received this one.