Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

10 Best Gas and Diesel Cars That Get 40 MPG on the Highway | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2016 in General
10 Best Gas and Diesel Cars That Get 40 MPG on the Highway | Edmunds.com

Here are the 10 top non-hybrid cars that deliver great highway mileage.

Read the full story here

Comments

• zoomzoomnzoomzoomn Member Posts: 143
    "The front-wheel-drive version of the 2016 328d sedan..." Huh? Typo. Lol! The only FWD BMW in the US at this time is the new non-AWD X1.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
    zoomzoomn said:

"The front-wheel-drive version of the 2016 328d sedan..." Huh? Typo. Lol! The only FWD BMW in the US at this time is the new non-AWD X1.

Can you get the X1 in FWD?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    Currently driving a 328d, RWD. Mileage, mostly rural, averages 45 plus in the summer and 40 plus in the winter.
  • parachautopartparachautopart Member Posts: 16
    Awesome post. all the cars are fabulous. as i dnt have any of one of them yet :x
  • tulsamaltulsamal Member Posts: 3
    There is something both sad and humorous about claiming "Xxxxxx is the undisputed mpg champ," when we all know this article would have been very different one year ago. All the top spots would have gone to various VW TDI models. My wife's Golf TDI was ranked at 50 mpg and it is a 2004 model. Still on the road today and closing in on 400,000 miles.

I don't know what the solution is but I honestly think driving the VW TDI's off the market is hurting us all.
  • jt_______jt_______ Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2019
    2017 Chevy Malibu hybrid is giving me over 45 mpg combined average