Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Police Interceptor Transmission Noises. Trying to Diagnose. I got a Video With Sound.

jakeboesejakeboese Member Posts: 1
edited April 2016 in Ford
Ok so ive owned the car for 2 months drove it every day and it was fine then in the last week or 2 it started making a whining noise as i was gassing it. I got more and more noisy till one day i went out for a 2 hour drive on my way home i stopped at tim hortons and as i was pulling forward in the drive thrue and it felt like the transmission was slipping revved really high had like 2% of the power and speed and it would barely move. I limped it home like that cause it was only down the street and the hole way it would not shift just revved super high and it was like the tranny was slipping the hole way. So i parked it took insurance off and now when i start it and drive it around the block it seems to be just fine no slipping nothing other than this whining noise when i throw the car into gear while its cold. But its the same whining sound from before when i gassed it just not consistence with the gas anymore only does it while putting in gear.
ALSO Transmission fluid continues to show over full not sure if that could be a cause.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVQaDPhtawI

Comments

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    You really need to have a trusted transmission shop take a look at it. All any of us can do is guess but it sounds like it needs an overhaul based on your comments.
  • carboy21carboy21 Member Posts: 760
    edited April 2016
    'Police Interceptor' ., the very fact that you have bought one means that you are asking for perpetual trouble.

They are unlikely to be driven with tender loving care :smile:
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    carboy21 said:

'Police Interceptor' ., the very fact that you have bought one means that you are asking for perpetual trouble.

They are unlikely to be driven with tender loving care :smile:

What?? Are you suggesting that police cars aren't babied?