Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Aftermarket Door Edge Guards and Wheel Arch Moldings Have Got to Go - 2016 Toyota Prius

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2016 in Toyota
Aftermarket Door Edge Guards and Wheel Arch Moldings Have Got to Go - 2016 Toyota Prius Long-Term Road Test

Our 2016 Toyota Prius was delivered with cheap and unattractive add-on wheel arch moldings and door edge guards, so we pulled them off.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455
    edited April 2016
    Correct on all counts. I would have done the same. Still does not look like anything from Pininfarina or Ital Design.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Gee, you just ruined the $1,500 Desert Protection Package. At least, that's what the GM and Kia dealers here charge for their junk mop and glow packages.

What next, are you going to bleed out the $295 nitrogen in the tires? B)
  • Options
    adamb1adamb1 Member Posts: 122
    Well, that knocked some of the ugly off. I purchased door edge guard to protect the edge of my carbon fiber canoe paddle. I had trouble finding it in the car parts store. I explained what I was looking for to the clerk who eventually found it. He said I was the first person he could remember buying the product.
  • Options
    banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    Waste of time, car still looks hideous!
  • Options
    ajacobson03ajacobson03 Member Posts: 11
    I bet if you added some aftermarket wheels it would really transform the look of the car. That's not to say it would look gorgeous or anything, but at least not ugly.
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    That car needs a bra on it. Preferably one that reaches over to the tail lights.
  • Options
    sinna46sinna46 Member Posts: 9
    I think they were going for the Aztec look, lots of extra glued on plastic. One high note your gas mileage should be better than ever without that extra weight and wind resistance... Ha!
  • Options
    5vzfe5vzfe Member Posts: 161
    I never thought I'd say a Prius would be a good looking car - but the previous model looks pretty good when compared to this one haha. I kinda like the paint color though.
  • Options
    vvkvvk Member Posts: 196
    Yeah, the paint color is nice ;)
  • Options
    throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    You just dumped a $400 "Safety and Protection" package!
  • Options
    henry4hirehenry4hire Member Posts: 106
    Are those rims or hubcaps? Or one of of those hybrid rim/cap things? Either way they are fugly.