Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Pilot Road Noise

kurtataltoskurtataltos Member Posts: 4
edited April 2016 in Honda
We have a 2010 Pilot. Absolutely reliable. But, horrific road noise that has been a long standing issue with Hondas. We are going to replace another vehicle and a potential choice is a 2016 Pilot... if.... if.... the noise situation has been resolved.

There have been other discussions that "road noise" is tire related which I find, for the most part, bogus. Wind noise.... the wind doesn't change when I drive from asphalt to concrete but the noise sure does. It's suspension/body isolation from the tires rolling on a surface, or lack of.

Has Honda resolved this for 2016? I consider this, unfortunately, a deal breaker.

Thank you !

Comments

• kurtataltoskurtataltos Member Posts: 4
    No comments ????
  • san_antoniosan_antonio Member Posts: 1
    I just traded a 2014 CRV EX-L for a 2016 Pilot EX-L. The ONLY reason I traded was because I couldn't stand the road noise of the CRV. I find the new Pilot to be extremely quiet - even on rough pavement and I didn't notice any wind noise. Honda has definitely upgraded the sound-proofing in the Pilot line with anti-noise glass, aerodynamic design and more material throughout. Take a test drive and make sure you get it up to speed on a road that you feel will test the noise, but I think you'll be very happy with this Pilot. I'm 100% satisfied.