Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Toyota Avalon, Camry Recalled Because Airbags May Not Deploy | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2016 in Toyota
2016 Toyota Avalon, Camry Recalled Because Airbags May Not Deploy | Edmunds.com

Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. is recalling approximately 16,880 2016 Toyota Avalon sedans and 41,630 2016 Toyota Camry sedans because some airbags may not deploy properly.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Stephen123Stephen123 Member Posts: 1
    I had to chuckle at Ms. Knight's non-response to the question of whether there were any injuries or fatalities associated with this recall. Last year, I told Toyota that I was considering the purchase of a 2015 Camry, but first I needed to know if any of that vehicle's airbags were supplied by Takata. The answer I received was "Takata is only one of several suppliers Toyota uses for airbag system components, including front passenger airbag inflator assemblies. The 2015 Camry has a number of airbags and other safety components that may be sourced from Takata. However, these components may be different in their design, built in a different location or manufacturing plant, or assembled during a different time period than the inflator assemblies currently involved in the existing recall." Apparently Toyota has a corporate policy of giving non-responses to uncomfortable questions.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited April 2016
    "Pretty much have to assume that all of them are bad. Something like 1/3rd of Honda air bags have been identified as bad. So far.

"At this point, 28.8 million Takata inflators have been recalled by 14 manufacturers."

Feds Confirm 85 Million Takata Airbag Inflators May Be Recalled
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    A national publication is looking to hear your stories about recall headaches, including difficulties with dealers, wait times or loaner cars. If you're willing to assist, please contact pr@edmunds.com by no later than Thursday, April 21 2016.