Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Car runs rough when at running temp.

timf1232timf1232 Member Posts: 1
edited December 2015 in Chrysler
my 2008 sebring runs rough after it get to running temp put the scanner on it says open line in bank 1 and 2 has new plugs and coil and shows #6 misfire was wondering if the injector is bad and i have a p0206 code says injector circuit/ open in #6

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Well yes, a code signifying an "open" injector circuit often means a bad injector but not always. You could also have a bad injector plug-in (often the case), or a bad EFI wiring harness.

• fmasterfmaster Member Posts: 6
    I have a Chrysler Sebring 2.0 crd limited diesel.
    I am unable to find the glow plugs in this car, any help is appreciated
  • thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    edited April 2016
    Right hand drive? It seems this was sold in Europe but not in North America. I can't find any information on it here. It's possible that it doesn't use glow plugs and it might use heater grids in the air intake. If it does use glow plugs, a lot of systems place them underneath the valve cover today.
    Currently it seems to be hesitating starting and i am having to give it gas to get its to crank smoothly otherwise it requires a 1-2sec more before it starts on its own. The battery is relatively new with arresting voltage of 12.4v after 24hrs of use.
    And yes its a Right Hand Drive sold in the UK. I love the car but i seem to be getting more problems frequently. Every time after shutting the engine off there is always a buzzing sound from the engine bay, I believe this is coming from the ECU, usually last 15-30sec.
    My dashboard lights cluster seem to be flickering as dying out for days and then suddenly start working again, then go off again.
    I will open the valve cover and post an update later today. Before i venture on are there any things i need to be careful about? just in case.
    eBay does show GLOW PLUGS for this car.
    @Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright @thecardoc3 yes it has spark plugs. The dilemma has been finding where they are located. Will open the valve cover as suggested @thecardoc3. Will update soon. I feel like if its not done I will have a failed start soon.
    I opened the valve cover and located the glow plugs. Bit of a job getting there. The plugs are somewhat difficult to get to.
    When dealing with potential glow plug issues on today's diesels, a scan tool to monitor inputs that can also command the system to operate is a must. Testing also requires measuring the current that the plugs draw when operating. Glow plugs can of course fail, but it can be a lot of wasted effort if they are replaced and were not the problem.
    Glow plugs are expendable items. They should be replaced periodically, like spark plugs, as part of regular maintenance. If they haven't been touched in 7 years, it's getting to be time.
    The glow plugs do not have a periodic service life schedule and are considered in many engines to be lifetime components. They are expected to be serviced only if you experience trouble with them. From the mechanical side this may not appear to add up, but from the cost of recommended maintenance perspective not having a scheduled service for them get's maintenance costs appear to be cheaper to the consumer.