Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Rain-Sensing Wipers - 2016 Honda Pilot Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2016 in Honda
Rain-Sensing Wipers - 2016 Honda Pilot Long-Term Road Test

Rain-sensing wipers are one of the features included in the 2016 Honda Pilot Elite package.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    I've heard that the rain sensing wipers aren't good in the new Civic. To me, I would actually prefer to NOT have it especially since it'll vary based on whether I have the windshield clean, condition of wipers and whether I'm using RainX on the windshield or not. Plus, that whole "your replacement windshield will cost $900" thing.
  • banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    The post talked about everything except how good or worth the cost the automatic wipers are in the Honda. Did they sense accurately the level or rain to adjust speed? We'll never know from this post.
  • mypathy2001mypathy2001 Member Posts: 18
    banhugh said:

The post talked about everything except how good or worth the cost the automatic wipers are in the Honda. Did they sense accurately the level or rain to adjust speed? We'll never know from this post.

Agreed, I read this post yesterday and thought, "What's the point?" Three small paragraphs, if you call the last detached line a paragraph. Nothing was really discussed. 5 months into this long-term addition and I'm very disappointed. But they bought THREE more models to the long term fleet. (Model X, Toyota Fuel Cell, Prius)

Noticed ZERO people commented on the gas mileage update (It is gas mileage after all), still don't understand how they're getting such poor mileage, maybe because it's AWD.
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    No comment about how they work would probably indicate that they work as expected. Nothing out of the ordinary or exceptional.
  • banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    edited April 2016

No comment about how they work would probably indicate that they work as expected. Nothing out of the ordinary or exceptional.

If I had to guess, I wouldn't be clicking on the post...
  • zoomzoomnzoomzoomn Member Posts: 143
    Having driven many cars with rain sensing wipers as in my '6 TLX and "14 Durango, there is some appreciation for a good system in its ability to react to changing conditions and vehicle speeds beyond the fixed settings in other cars. That said, I prefer the system in my TLX to my Durango's. The TLX, as I assume would be the case with all Hondas, reacts to the rain in fixed steps, whereas the Durango's, as in many European models that I've driven, react immediately to variances measured at the sensor. The difference is that the Euro style system literally will react at different speeds on nearly every wipe and is way too quick to go full speed no matter the sensitivity set whereas the Honda system takes its time adjusting more gradually over multiple wiping cycles, the latter which I find to be equally effective and less distracting.