Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test - Wrap-Up

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2016 in Ford
2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test - Wrap-Up

A wrap-up of our year-long, 21,568-mile test of the 2015 Ford Mustang GT.

Read the full story here

Comments

• bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    I would point out that the EPA estimate is based on a lower final drive. Given the Mustang's power output, I would skip the 3.73 rear end.
  • throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    One of these times I would like to see you folks sell a specialty car like this on a model specific forum. I suspect Mustang fans would have paid 30K fr this particular Mustang with the upgrades you added.
  • kiiwiikiiwii Member Posts: 318
    Not a fan of Mustangs, but I'm impressed with the quality. Cars like this usually spend quite a bit of time on track. With all the abuse, there is no major issue. Thumbs up.
  • tlangnesstlangness Member Posts: 123
    throwback said:

One of these times I would like to see you folks sell a specialty car like this on a model specific forum. I suspect Mustang fans would have paid 30K fr this particular Mustang with the upgrades you added.

Here's some background on that: we've tried private-party sales in the past. We've tried ebay, craigslist, all sorts of services. Sometimes a sale happens, sometimes it doesn't.

When it comes to forums, established communities generally have trust for each other and rules to protect that trust. For instance, a new member to forums sometimes has to contribute to the community for a minimum amount of time before selling parts (or entire cars).

A Mustang enthusiast might have paid more for this car, sure, but that process could've taken months if we had to wait for the right buyer. This car was sold much quicker than that.
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,349
    I came very close to buying a Performance Package Mustang instead of my CPO M235i. Ford's Honda-esque options philosophy, the cars overall size, and the fact that the local Ford dealers refuse to hire techs with opposable thumbs kept it out of my garage.
    That said, I may yet end up with a GT350 in a few years.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    With the hefty depreciation this looks like a car that's best lightly used. Just shop for a copy that hasn't had aftermarket parts of questionable value (e.g., exhaust that's not any faster, just louder) bolted on to it.
  • jakek66jakek66 Member Posts: 60
    Why don't you post it on your own website? I'm sure there's a reader on here that would want what is being tested. Give us a first shot at it!
  • bks15gtbks15gt Member Posts: 1
    Love the 15 Mustang GT however have had inordinate amount of major problems. Entire exhaust replaced at 4 months due to incessant rattle. Also 2 evaporators one at 17K and just recently at 22K. Not good-requires the removal of the dash. I see they are on their 4th change to the evaporator assembly part number that now ends in "T"-previously A, K, and P