Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Need Advice for Porsche Buying

mcclure27mcclure27 Member Posts: 3
edited April 2016 in Porsche
Hey guys I am a high school student who does swim team. I currently own a fully restored 86' VW GTI which I maintain and care for constantly. I Recently broke a swim record and was looking in the neighborhood of buying a 2005 Porsche Boxster S but I'm seeing more and more people having problems with IMS failure. This is starting to scare me away but I was wondering if anyone has any advice for me or if I should just go with a Mitsubishi EVO VIII?

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    Maybe we can get @Mr_Shiftright in here to give you some advice on Boxster shopping..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• zandorzandor Member Posts: 67
    Are you sure a Porsche really goes with swim team? I thought water people liked boats... maybe a 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood? It's 19' long and floats down the road. :D
  • mcclure27mcclure27 Member Posts: 3
    zandor said:

Are you sure a Porsche really goes with swim team? I thought water people liked boats... maybe a 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood? It's 19' long and floats down the road. :D

Oh hell no haha that would be the worst
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    2005 Porsche Boxster S: Cost, $15,000

2005 Porsche Boxster S Engine: Cost $18,000 on up

A properly tweaked EVO is awesome, if rather unsophisticated.