Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Roomy Interior Means I Can Sit Behind Myself - 2016 Honda Civic Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2016 in Honda
imageRoomy Interior Means I Can Sit Behind Myself - 2016 Honda Civic Long-Term Road Test

Some compact sedans may have trouble fitting a driver who's 6-feet, 4-inches tall. Not so with the 2016 Honda Civic. It can fit a driver that tall, plus a passenger of the same height in the backseat.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    That's good to hear, thanks. Could you not have taken a better angle? I'm always interested to see how adults look in vehicles like this. Planning on getting a new Civic over the next couple years.
  • longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455
    "Rear headroom is compromised by the sloping roof, so I can't fully rest against the seatback without hitting the headliner but that's pretty common in this class, and space in the Civic is better than some rivals." Legroom is nice, but headroom is nice, too. This is one area in which some hatchbacks do better...the stylists are not trying to do this fastback profile.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    If a 6'4" passenger can sit behind a similar sized driver, then it isn't a compact car IMHO. The latest Civic is 8" longer than a 1982 Accord. Lard up, folks.
  • mfennellmfennell Member Posts: 91
    Was just about to post the same comment as agentorange. The EPA now classifies the Civic as a Midsize!
  • thepuffthepuff Member Posts: 87
    In person it is a large car and the design makes it look even bigger than its classification suggests. It's also hideous I'm my opinion as it looks like a smaller version of the Accord Crosstour that was discontinued (thankfully).
  • expresscarexpresscar Member Posts: 4
    I think the 2012 to the latest civics designs I mean look wise aren't that great... I've been a civic fan from the 90's esi model up to the 2002 sir's... but lately I think it's more of a "old people" kinda car.. reliable Yes but looks.... :( just my opinion