Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ordering experiences with 2017 Jaguar XE?

kobechromekobechrome Member Posts: 21
edited January 2016 in Jaguar
I'll kick this discussion in the forum - has anyone ordered an XE in the US yet. I would be curious about the ordering experience. I have not done it yet but was told they will not budge off MSRP here in the Wash DC Metro area. Anyone else having different luck?

Comments

• jazz12pgjazz12pg Member Posts: 3
    Ordered 35t AWD Prestige on 1/9/16, Philly area. I’m the 4th gas-engine order in the dealer’s queue. No movement on MSRP, but if you reserve with a $500 (refundable) deposit on-line you get $500 off MSRP and they will pay your first payment, up to $800, if you finance with Jaguar. The $500 is from the free nav offer; because the nav is standard, you get a $500 credit, instead.
  • timg4timg4 Member Posts: 21
    Hi - Looking for the MF, residual value on a:

2017 XE Prestige 35T AWD for 36M/10k miles and 36M/12k miles for Albany, NY

Thanks in advance for the help!!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    timg4 said:

We don't have any information on the 2017 model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kobechromekobechrome Member Posts: 21
    jazz12pg said:

Ordered 35t AWD Prestige on 1/9/16, Philly area. I’m the 4th gas-engine order in the dealer’s queue. No movement on MSRP, but if you reserve with a $500 (refundable) deposit on-line you get $500 off MSRP and they will pay your first payment, up to $800, if you finance with Jaguar. The $500 is from the free nav offer; because the nav is standard, you get a $500 credit, instead.

My order is in as well. Put mine in Jan 3 for a 35t AWD R-Sport here in DC. My dealership has offered me no delivery date after initially promising March. I was at the autoshow last week in DC and they're saying much more likely a May delivery. I am ok waiting for it but would rather just know the actual date.

I know there's no lease info avail at this point but can anyone speculate on the MF and residual for these cars? I am hoping they get more aggressive like BMW. I'm hoping to stay under $700/month for my XE (currently optioned out at 55k)
    kyfdx said:

timg4 said:

Makes sense since the car is still 4 months away. I have a couple questions for the moderator:

- When do you expect lease numbers for the XE to be available?
    - Given that the XE is similar to the XF, maybe the lease numbers for the XE will be similar as well?

Im personally interested for the residuals for a 35t AWD R-Sport. For all 36 and 39 month and all mileage options.

Thanks!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,284

kyfdx said:

timg4 said:

Makes sense since the car is still 4 months away. I have a couple questions for the moderator:

- Given that the XE is similar to the XF, maybe the lease numbers for the XE will be similar as well?

Im personally interested for the residuals for a 35t AWD R-Sport. For all 36 and 39 month and all mileage options.

Thanks!
    I would expect lease numbers to be available when there is sufficient dealer inventory.

No way to predict what the lease numbers are going to be.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

timg4 said:

Thanks!
    I would expect lease numbers to be available when there is sufficient dealer inventory.

No way to predict what the lease numbers are going to be.
    thanks - as i suspected but thought i would ask anyway
    For those interested, car is finally in production. My DC metro dealer is telling me late April/early May delivery. I'm in their 1st group of XEs that are coming so thats probably as early as anyone will see one in the US.
  • gearboygearboy Member Posts: 50
    I met with a dealer who told me that cars will be hitting lots in May. People who reserved might see cars in April
  • mainemarkmainemark Member Posts: 3
    I ordered an XE R Sport on March 15. The dealer gave me $700 below sticker price, plus the $500 incentive from Jaguar finance, and up to $800 off first month's lease. ETA is late-May. The dealer thought they would start to get lease pricing/info in Q2 (which is in a few days...)
    Finally got a delivery date - April 22.

Still no lease information for the XE. They said they expect that about a week before the 1st cars arrive.
    Another update: Car due to arrive at the Baltimore Port 4/29. I expect I'll be able to take delivery 4-5 days after that. Car's just been loaded on the boat at Liverpool so its about to make the trip across the Atlantic.

On a separate note, I thought there would be more US interest on this site for the XE. I wonder if no one really put advance orders in.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Anticipation is half the fun eh? Hope you can get some pics up when your Jag arrives.
    It is.. I tracked all my previous cars as well. Will definitely post pics.
    New update. Apparently Jaguar USA won't release the XEs until May 23 - even if cars are at the port and/or the dealer. Not sure why but my dealer just informed me of this yesterday based on a conf call with Jaguar USA. Disappointing but I guess it is what it is.
  • wenzomaticwenzomatic Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2016
    Ordered mine in March here in Oklahoma City, checked with the dealer last weekend and got a May 27th delivery date. Only problem was the price was higher than my computer build. Working on that issue with dealer now.
  • mainemarkmainemark Member Posts: 3
    My dealer just contacted my and said he expects my car to arrive on or before May 20. But still... no lease numbers yet! "Very soon," he said....
    I don't even bother asking for lease numbers anymore. Update from this morning is that the car is expected AT the dealership by May 24.
    If anyone is interested in leasing, here is the 1st lease deal someone at a Jag form found in California: http://www.jaguarsanjose.com/internet-department-specials.htm

Looks like 36 months, 10k, the XE 25t is getting 64% residual - better than expected on that residual value.

If anyone is interested in leasing, here is the 1st lease deal someone at a Jag form found in California: http://www.jaguarsanjose.com/internet-department-specials.htm

Looks like 36 months, 10k, the XE 25t is getting 64% residual - better than expected on that residual value.

That's the national deal on the 25t .. true payment is around $428/mo if you skip the $2851 down.

But, it is a nice high residual. I'll guess that the residual will be lower for higher level trims.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Agree - being I got the highest level US trim (R Sport 35t AWD) and looking at 15k - I'll likely get the worst residual.. but hoping for 52% or higher.

Agree - being I got the highest level US trim (R Sport 35t AWD) and looking at 15k - I'll likely get the worst residual.. but hoping for 52% or higher.

I can't imagine that big of a spread, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Ok just went to the dealer tonight and got bits and pieces of some info. Here's what I can tell the group - Jaguar just got lease financials today (or maybe yesterday) so if you ask you can probably get the info now.

15k, 36 month for the 35t RSport AWD - .00062 money factor, 55% residual.

Depending on your XE trim and mileage, length of lease - it goes up/down from there.
  • ichbinalleinichbinallein Member Posts: 34
    Are they marking up the money factor at the dealer you got this information from? If they aren't marking it up, its a little disheartening that they are using a .0001 money factor on their other Jaguar cars and a .00062 on this one. Doesn't sound like much, but on the higher end cars (Prestige and R Sport), the difference in rate equates to $50 or more a month.

If that's the case, I'll probably cancel my order and get a refund on the deposit. I don't like being gouged just because the company thinks they can, which appears to be the case if the XE carries a significantly higher money factor then everything else they sell.

Are they marking up the money factor at the dealer you got this information from? If they aren't marking it up, its a little disheartening that they are using a .0001 money factor on their other Jaguar cars and a .00062 on this one. Doesn't sound like much, but on the higher end cars (Prestige and R Sport), the difference in rate equates to $50 or more a month.

If that's the case, I'll probably cancel my order and get a refund on the deposit. I don't like being gouged just because the company thinks they can, which appears to be the case if the XE carries a significantly higher money factor then everything else they sell.

It's new.

It's popular.

Jaguar feels they can get away with a higher MF due to those facts.

Actually, it's pretty competitive compared to the MF of the cars it competes with:

3-series - .00138
    A4 - .00052 or .00099 (FWD / Quattro)
    C-class - .00152 or .00154 (RWD / 4Matic)

Once the early adopters have gotten their cars and inventory starts to accrue, look for better deals on the XE.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

The MF depends on the length of the lease. I didn't write it down but if I recall - there was a "sweet spot" for the XE as far as the MF goes. 39M lease and the MF goes up to .00073 but then a 33M lease the MF is .0001. Before cancelling, would talk to your dealer first. It depends on what your constraints are.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is looking to speak with someone who recently got a great deal on a new luxury brand vehicle (BMW, Audi, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Jaguar, etc.). If you're willing to share your story, please reach out to pr@edmunds.com by no later than Friday, May 20, 2016.
  • cpprhead59cpprhead59 Member Posts: 10

Ok just went to the dealer tonight and got bits and pieces of some info. Here's what I can tell the group - Jaguar just got lease financials today (or maybe yesterday) so if you ask you can probably get the info now.

Depending on your XE trim and mileage, length of lease - it goes up/down from there.

Did they give you any idea on pricing for that model?
    MSRP :)

I pre-ordered the car so I might be stuck at the sticker price but since they were delayed so long, I am going to try and negotiate a lower price.
  • mparr1708mparr1708 Member Posts: 23

Just as an FYI I received an internet quote today (I did not pre-order) for an XE r-sport from dealer stock and received a 1000 discount from MSRP. I've seen other dealers staying at MSRP so YMMV.
  • cpprhead59cpprhead59 Member Posts: 10
    mparr1708 said:
    Ok just went to the dealer tonight and got bits and pieces of some info. Here's what I can tell the group - Jaguar just got lease financials today (or maybe yesterday) so if you ask you can probably get the info now. 15k, 36 month for the 35t RSport AWD - .00062 money factor, 55% residual. Depending on your XE trim and mileage, length of lease - it goes up/down from there.
    Just as an FYI I received an internet quote today (I did not pre-order) for an XE r-sport from dealer stock and received a 1000 discount from MSRP. I've seen other dealers staying at MSRP so YMMV.
    Many thanks.
    Pics coming soon... just wanted to let you all know I picked up my car over lunchtime today.
    Ordered Jan 2, arrived to Port of Balt 5/12. At the dealer 5/18 and ready for delivery the same day.

In the short amount of time (15 miles) I've driven the car, I am impressed and thus far the XE has lived up to the hype. Incredible precise handling and steering. Smooth distributed power on par with my old 335. Small grumble so far is that the bass in the 11 speaker Meridian system rattles when set too high - a little disappointing. But from a driving dynamics perspective, this car drives on rails. I also have the adaptive suspension.

35t R-Sport AWD, Ammonite Grey, Oyster/Jet Interior, Black Pack, Black Venom 19", Adaptive Suspension.
    Some pics - I was the 2nd one to drive an XE off the lot at my dealership.

Sharp looking car! Congrats and enjoy.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator