Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Excessive wear and tear on vehicle when turned in

bradley5282bradley5282 Member Posts: 6
edited May 2017 in Nissan
I returned my leased vehicle to the nissan dealer where i leased it and leased another nissan altima. the vehicle i returned had a good deal of wear and tear. however the salesmen claimed that he would fight any bill i received from nissan for wear and tear. however he wouldn't put that in writing. i think i am screwed and I should have walked at that point. however i didnt and re-leased a new altima.

Hopefully nissan will give me something for my loyalty as its my third lease with them. I am posting the pics of the damage.

In anyone's estimation do you think I will be hit hard for excessive wear and tear? There are no dents but very long scratches on the plastic strips that go along the side of the car on both sides. Plus scratches on the bumper.

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    Weren't you offered a pre-return inspection?

Just dropping your car off is an invitation to extra charges. I'd be surprised if you don't get a bill for that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• bradley5282bradley5282 Member Posts: 6
    i had three months left on the lease and they offered a pull ahead so they just took the car at the dealer and didnt do the inspection. another stupid move on my part. the salesmen told me i would most likely get a bill but he would take care of it. of course i dont believe a word he says BUT hoping maybe there is one honest guy in the business?!
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Not much you can do at this point but wait and see. It is definitely excessive wear and tear by any leasing standard, but it would be pretty easy for the dealer to fix it.
    Lets hope maybe I found the first honest car salesmen in the country?!
    He may be quite sincere but the question is does he have the power to do what he promises?
    Very true. I guess like you said all I can do is wait and see at this point! Thank you for your response!
    Furthermore I called Nissan and asked them to waive that because I re-leased and they did. So I owed nothing in the end.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100

Furthermore I called Nissan and asked them to waive that because I re-leased and they did. So I owed nothing in the end.

Glad to hear that turned out well!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Gee, a leasing company that actually "gets it".
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    They want you to keep leasing their cars!

Besides, they will probably "fix" it using some black shoe polish! ;)
  • deltabravo1deltabravo1 Member Posts: 1
    I realize this is an old thread. I just did the exact same thing. I never leaded before. It is comforting to see they only hit you for 500 and waived it. Your car looked much worse than mine. So I am not as worried.