Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cb4dcb4d Member Posts: 47
    Just got this quote on a 2016 Accord Sport CVT.

MSRP: 25,900
    Dealer options:1600 (3M Door Edge Guards, Splash Guards, Nitrogen, Cargo Tray, Window Tint with Warranty, Wheel locks)
    Total: 27,500
    Discount: 4822.46
    Adjusted Purchase price .22,677.54
    With TTL: 24,038.54

Discount seems reasonable, but I think it's ridiculous to charge $1600 for those dealer options right? Should I push harder for a lower purchase price? They don't have an Accord sport without any dealer add-ons.

Thanks in advance!
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244

Dealer price:$20799 (with Destination fee)
    Ended with $19800 - (Vehicle(18450) + DOC price(450) + Destination(900)) .. not sure if i have answered your question

good price

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

cb4d

If dealer is charging 1600 you could cut that price in half for sure.

• aathivinayagaraathivinayagar Member Posts: 4
    thanks Brian125
    edited April 2016
    @bradz06

2016 Accord sport w/ sensing Invoice w/ destination is $24,683.

$1500 to 2000 below Invoice should be your target price to buy. Price excludes Taxes, Dmv, and dealers Doc fee of 80 dollars. That should round out your OTD pricing. In CA the pricing on Accords are excellent. You should hit my target price. Buying at the end of the month will net you the best deal.

• tdmd99tdmd99 Member Posts: 6

is it a good deal?

That's a high destination fee.
  • tdmd99tdmd99 Member Posts: 6
    brian,

let me know what you think about this deal

2016 accord sedan LX automatic, no accessories
    selling price: 19k (included destination fee)
    with TTLR = 20,900

southern california
    tdmd99

CA has very god pricing on Accords.

What is there to say or even think about? The LX w/ dest charge invoices at...... $21,892. That's $2892 below dealers invoice price.

Its a monster deal out in CA. The LX model which you will find the most of on dealers lots sells better than the Sport, EX, EXL or Touring models.

Please post on my wall name of dealer if you don't want to post in this forum before buying . Trying to help a member buy a Crv model and this dealer is most likely the one or two I have recommended. TKS

brian125 said:

@bradz06

2016 Accord sport w/ sensing Invoice w/ destination is $24,683.

$1500 to 2000 below Invoice should be your target price to buy. Price excludes Taxes, Dmv, and dealers Doc fee of 80 dollars. That should round out your OTD pricing. In CA the pricing on Accords are excellent. You should hit my target price. Buying at the end of the month will net you the best deal.

@bradz06

you should be able to get a 2k below invoice price on your Sport model from this dealer provided they have vehicle on there lot.

• bradz06bradz06 Member Posts: 7
    Thank you Brian, I'll keep you updated
    bradz06

Reach out to Auto Nation Honda in costa mesa. Lx models are selling well below the 2k invoice and more mark . Your model might not sell as low but shoot for 2k to 2500 below. See poster above to find out if he pulled trigger and some contact info .

I would shoot AutoNation's Internet mgr. a quick message telling him/ her that for X price you will buy X model ASAP. Post on my message board I will walk you thru it if you need more help.

Good luck

• bmwm5f1bmwm5f1 Member Posts: 17
    Just a quick question, has anyone been able to finance 0.9 for 60 months instead of 1.9 from Honda? If so, how?
    Thx!!
    Latest offer from Riverside Honda is 22,500 + 10% = 24,750 Roughly OTD and Honda Financing for 3 months min @ 4.9% 20K plus amount to be financed not 8,500.00 so I would have to finance like 20,500 for 3 months?
    they said I could pay it off in 3 months
    Good job..................... your new negotiated price is respectable @2183 below invoice .

The finance part kills this deal. If your credit is bad and no other dealer will match price then consider otherwise get AutoNation involved with matching or beating.................... $22,500

Is your credit bad ???

edited April 2016
    Thank you Brian for confirming that the finance part kills this deal, My credit is excellent, I didn't let them run my credit report! I've got numbers in to AutoNation.... 22,500 +1,800 Tax+288.75 DMV+80.00 Doc fee = 24,688.75 OTD stay tuned...
  • cj_accord831cj_accord831 Member Posts: 2
    Is this a fair deal?

2016 Honda Accord LX and this is my first quote:

$20,999 not including TTL with all add-ons (they said they don't carry any without add-ons)

I'm in Phoenix, AZ and the quote was on 4/15/2016. Is this a fair deal for my area? What should I be aiming for in PHX?
    cj_accord831

Buyers in CA are getting 2k below invoice and as high as $2700 below plus for Accords. Best pricing in the country. AZ pricing that we have seen posted in here is 1000 to 1400 below dealers invoice price.

Your above deal is $893 below invoice minus dealers Doc fee charge?

Get more dealerships involved. Buy closer to the end of the month you will do better. Make sure you compensate each dealerships doc fee charge by 1st knowing it then lowering sales price to compensating it.

• cj_accord831cj_accord831 Member Posts: 2
    brian125 said:

cj_accord831

Buyers in CA are getting 2k below invoice and as high as $2700 below plus for Accords. Best pricing in the country. AZ pricing that we have seen posted in here is 1000 to 1400 below dealers invoice price.

Get more dealerships involved. Buy closer to the end of the month you will do better. Make sure you compensate each dealerships doc fee charge by 1st knowing it then lowering sales price to compensating it.

Yes that price is NOT including doc fee of $399

So I should be aiming for $1000 to $1400 below invoice including doc fee?

Also, I'm going to be in California the last weekend of April, should I seriously consider buying it that weekend?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175

brian125 said:

cj_accord831

Yes that price is NOT including doc fee of $399

So I should be aiming for $1000 to $1400 below invoice including doc fee?

Also, I'm going to be in California the last weekend of April, should I seriously consider buying it that weekend?
    You can't take delivery in California, without paying California sales tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited April 2016
    @kyfdx

What is the CA sales tax policy on out of state car purchases? If I buy a new vehicle in LA county the tax rate is 9.25% Do you have to pay whole tax rate if you live in AZ.?? I know from county to county sales tax differ. I'm pretty sure that you cant be double taxed by both States.

Last time I checked in Arizona, the sales tax for new car purchases were about 6%, some counties charge an additional 0.7%. Some cities can charge up to 2.5% on top of that. The other taxes specific to Arizona are the Title tax , the Plate Transfer tax , and the Registration tax .

Here is my point for @cj_accord831 . If he could buy a LX Accord for 2700 below invoice in CA. Pay the state mandated doc fee charge of only $80 then pay 8 or 9% tax opposed to 6% in AZ. HE might come out ahead of the game. Were talking a $2300 dollar difference right now excluding state to state taxes

Looks like @cj_accord831 current deal in AZ is $494 below invoice after paying AZ 399 doc fee.

brian125 said:

@kyfdx

What is the CA sales tax policy on out of state car purchases? If I buy a new vehicle in LA county the tax rate is 9.25% Do you have to pay whole tax rate if you live in AZ.?? I know from county to county sales tax differ. I'm pretty sure that you cant be double taxed by both States.

Last time I checked in Arizona, the sales tax for new car purchases were about 6%, some counties charge an additional 0.7%. Some cities can charge up to 2.5% on top of that. The other taxes specific to Arizona are the Title tax , the Plate Transfer tax , and the Registration tax .

Here is my point for @cj_accord831 . If he could buy a LX Accord for 2700 below invoice in CA. Pay the state mandated doc fee charge of only $80 then pay 8 or 9% tax opposed to 6% in AZ. HE might come out ahead of the game. Were talking a $2300 dollar difference right now excluding state to state taxes

Looks like @cj_accord831 current deal in AZ is $494 below invoice after paying AZ 399 doc fee.

Reciprocity between states varies, and that's about 2500 combinations. I have no clue about reciprocity between CA and Arizona, but it seems unlikely that AZ will allow you a CA credit against AZ taxes, if you are an AZ resident. I do know that you can't take delivery in CA, without paying CA sales tax, no matter your residency. I've heard of buyers taking delivery across the state line or having the car trucked to their location, but that seems like a lot of work.

I'd guess that shopping a lot harder in AZ will result in a deal that is a lot closer than $2300 apart. The dealer costs in CA cannot be that different.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• gaaccordgaaccord Member Posts: 6
    Anyone purchased a 2016 Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing? If so what did you pay?
  • johnnguyen714johnnguyen714 Member Posts: 46
    edited April 2016
    gaaccord said:

Anyone purchased a 2016 Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing? If so what did you pay?

sale price 23124.86
    Doc Fee 80
    Sale Tax (8%) 1856.38
    Electronic Vehicle Registration or Transfer Charge 29
    Total Cash Price 25,090.24
    Vehicle License Fees 150
    Registration 81
    CA Tire Fee 8.75
    Smog 20
    Total Price $25,350 before Interest.
    I got 1.9APR For 60 Months.
    Thanks for the info! This is the lowest price I have seen on any forum. Just curious did youdo most of your negotiations via email/phone? 
  • liyinuojunjieliyinuojunjie Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys, I have a question about the Pre-Delivery Inspection. I bought my car from dealer on 04/16/2016. After that I found that the date shown on Pre-Delivery Inspection is 11/5/2015. Is this mean that this car has been kept with dealer for 5 months? Is it a long time for a new car to be sold? Is it because this car might have some problems that others don't want to buy it?
    When did you guys buy your car and what is the date in your Pre-Delivery Inspection?
  • johnnguyen714johnnguyen714 Member Posts: 46
    gaaccord said:

Thanks for the info! This is the lowest price I have seen on any forum. Just curious did youdo most of your negotiations via email/phone? 

email

Hi guys, I have a question about the Pre-Delivery Inspection. I bought my car from dealer on 04/16/2016. After that I found that the date shown on Pre-Delivery Inspection is 11/5/2015. Is this mean that this car has been kept with dealer for 5 months? Is it a long time for a new car to be sold? Is it because this car might have some problems that others don't want to buy it?
    When did you guys buy your car and what is the date in your Pre-Delivery Inspection?

Yes.. most likely means the car has been on the lot for 5 months.

Not that unusual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• laxmanprabhulaxmanprabhu Member Posts: 1
    Honda Accord Ex with Sensing.
    Purchase Price: $24350 + Taxes: $1948 = $26298

Thanks for the info. Which state are you in? Did purchase price include destination fee or other fees?
    edited April 2016
    Just Bought 4-19-2016.... 2016 Honda Accord Sport Lunar Silver (Sensing) in Riverside County California

Price 22,500 Includes 835.00 Destination Fee
    Tax 8% 1,806.40
    DMV 277.00
    Tire Fee 8.75
    Doc Fee 80.00
    24,672.15 OTD
    Thank you so much brian125 for all your help!!
    bradz06

What dealership did you purchase from?............................ Honda of Riverside

• ticliff101ticliff101 Member Posts: 6

So i just got a deal on a 2016 4dr Honda Accord Sport for a 36 month/12,000 mile LEASE. I am in northern VA. 

I was told:
    -that the MSRP is about $25,000.
    -that with the discount, I was getting the car at a sale price of $20,900 (without fees, freight, tags, and processing).
    - that after all fees, it would come out to $23,000 including everything (fees,tags, freight).
    - they said the MF was .00179

offer is:
    $2,500 down payment
    $255/month for 36 months.
    The sales manager claims that they are losing -$1,715 on the car. 

is this a good deal or not?

Let me know if more info is needed.

thank you so much in advance for your help. This is my first time leasing a car and i dont know much about it. Please help.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057

So i just got a deal on a 2016 4dr Honda Accord Sport for a 36 month/12,000 mile LEASE. I am in northern VA. 

I was told:
    -that the MSRP is about $25,000.
    -that with the discount, I was getting the car at a sale price of $20,900 (without fees, freight, tags, and processing).
    - that after all fees, it would come out to $23,000 including everything (fees,tags, freight).
    - they said the MF was .00179

offer is:
    $2,500 down payment
    $255/month for 36 months.
    The sales manager claims that they are losing -$1,715 on the car. 

is this a good deal or not?

Let me know if more info is needed.

thank you so much in advance for your help. This is my first time leasing a car and i dont know much about it. Please help.

The lease numbers for the Accord Sport (from Honda Finance) are .00051 and 57%.

I would confirm which bank the dealer is using for the lease ... the MF you quotes seems extremely high.

If we plug in the MSRP and the net cap cost of $23,000, I get a payment of $262/mo.

What does the $2500 due at signing cover? VA assesses a 4.1% sales tax against the entire selling price of the car - can either be paid up front or added to the selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• purplerain1purplerain1 Member Posts: 1
    EX-L w/ Sensing and Nav in Ohio

$27,000 base
    $250 doc
    $33.50 dmv
    $2,052.46 tax 7.5%
    OTD 29.451.96
  • matt23lvmatt23lv Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2016
    Got today my Accord Sport in Las Vegas - 23723 OTD .
    Selling price - 21409.23
    Doc fee - 499
    Tax - 1785.52
    Reg fee - 29.25
     Also took Honda finance 1.9% on 60 months . My credit score is 729 Thanks everyone for posting here, it helped a lot
    matt23lv said:

Got today my Accord Sport in Las Vegas - 23723 OTD .

Selling price - 21409.23

Doc fee - 499

Tax - 1785.52

Reg fee - 29.25

Also took Honda finance 1.9% on 60 months . My credit score is 729

Thanks everyone for posting here, it helped a lot

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• robert_r1robert_r1 Member Posts: 29
    edited April 2016
    2016 Accord sedan 4cyl exl, my brother paid 24200 plus tax. Honda Burleson Texas. Edmunds price promise really works. Play with it by updating the zip codes. Print it then have your closest dealer beat it. Screaming awesome deal. 435 with zero down. Saved 12 months of payment
  • crystal_chasercrystal_chaser Member Posts: 1
    Just to add a data point, my purchase for 2016 Accord EX-L V6 in the mid April, 2016 was $27500 including all fees, but tax.

I was qualified for Honda loyalty program ($1000) for existing Honda owners of 2006 or newer Honda Odyssey. Also, I got college graduate program credit ($500). After these Honda credits, my total cost was $26000 plus tax. Is this a fair deal?

Hello All,

what should be my target price for a Honda accord EXL-V6 (No Navi)

i am looking to negotiate the selling price first, then actually lease it

any help would be greatly appreciated

What is the lowest price you have seen for the EX-L V6? I initially wanted the Sport due to looks but i am having a hard time convincing myself of a 4 cylinder since i have been used to 6 cylinders for the last 10 years

so far for a lease i have several quotes and they are all around $370 for 36/15 with no down, is this an ok lease price . selling price i am getting is $26,300

• cindy930cindy930 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2016
    Hi, all! I'm considering an HRV EX and am wondering what I can offer that the dealer will accept. I drove an EX on Saturday with the already added options of wheel locks and splash guards. This car is FWD and has lane assist. I asked the sales guy to let me know what the OTD price would be with taxes, tags, etc. based on the sticker. He told me $25,140. If I go back this Friday or Saturday to deal, do you think I could offer $23K OTD and be accepted? Could I go lower and get it? What would be an acceptable offer that wouldn't make me feel like I had been taken? I also want the cargo cover included in the deal. This is my first time negotiating on my own. I have a hefty down payment and will have my own financing lined up, no trade-in either.
  • ksionlineksionline Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2016
    Leased a new Accord Sedan EX with Sensing. Chicago.
    MSRP: $28,215
    Gross Cap cost:$25,549.41
    Value of car:$23,362.56
    Sales Tax: $727.58
    Dealer Doc:$169.27
    Acquisition Fee:$595
    Road hazard for wheel/tire: $695 (this was the only addon. Have had to deal with bent rims driving in the pothole filled city before, so think it might come in handy)
    Due at signing:$1500
    1st Month Payment: $264.73
    Title:$95
    Filing Fee:$25
    Cap cost Reduction (down payment): $1014.27

Residual Value: $15744.40
    Depreciation Amount: $8790.74
    Rent(lease) Charge: $739.44
    Total payments: $9530.18
    Term: 36
    Monthly: $264.73
    MF: .00051
    RV: 56

According to my calc, that breaks out to $244.19 for the dep fee and $20.54 for finance fee monthly.
    Without the road hazard, it would have been about 246 or so.

• 909motoring909motoring Member Posts: 14
    Thank you in advance, Im looking to lease a Honda Accord Sport with MSRP $25900 whats the best discount anyone has seen or negotiated before taxes/fees also what are the current residual mf for 36/12 39/12. Once again Thank you
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057

Thank you in advance, Im looking to lease a Honda Accord Sport with MSRP $25900 whats the best discount anyone has seen or negotiated before taxes/fees also what are the current residual mf for 36/12 39/12. Once again Thank you

.00051 and 57% (36/12) or 55% (39/12). Total of $1250 lease cash.

Read back through the last page or two of this board to see what others are paying.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• optimus1optimus1 Member Posts: 6
    Hi all,

I'm in the market for a new 2016 Honda Accord. I got a quote of $21,433 (LX) and $24,572 for the EX. This does not include tax, titles and license.

Is this a reasonable price or can I negotiate further?
  • vballplayer30vballplayer30 Member Posts: 27
    Just bought a 2016 Honda accord ex cvt for 23,300 plus TTL in Levittown, NY. Also paid the 75$ doc fee, which pissed me off, but didn't want to fight anymore, so I finally gave it to them. I think it's a good price as the invoice was around 24,800.
  • nireshrnireshr Member Posts: 2
    @aathivinayagar

Can you please share the dealer information?
  • sappsmmsappsmm Member Posts: 2
    Dealer in GA offered / negotiated OTD price of 21,500 for 2016 Accord LX. it includes tint / wheel locks/mats/trunk tray. For 880 dollars, he is including 4 yrs of scheduled maintenance. Is 21,500 a good price ? Should I pay 880 for 4 yr scheduled maintenance ? Please advise
  • tonyg2016tonyg2016 Member Posts: 728
    Aside from oil changes and tire rotations, what is included in that 4 year mx plan? I bet nothing else, besides it should be based on mileage, not time. My opinion is to reject the mx plan.
  • nireshrnireshr Member Posts: 2
    2016 Accord LX - New Jersey

Total price of Vehicle : 19609.44
    (includes destination fee, appearance package, Nitrogen/Tire, Key replacement coverage & Vehicle theft protection, floor mats)
    State Sales Tax (7%) : 1372.66
    Online Processing Fee: 10.40
    Tire Fee: 7.50
    Title fee: 301.00
    Documentation fee: 449.00
    ----------------------------
    OTD: 21750

Is this a fair price?
    nireshr

Excellent Lx Accord deal in NJ = $1834 below dealers invoice after paying doc fee plus the dealer freebie's