Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Brake Squeal Driving me Crazy!!!

sciballssciballs Member Posts: 2
edited April 2016 in Ford
I replaced the front brake pads about a year ago and the rear within the past few months. I have recently noticed that I am getting a VERY loud squeal. I took it to the mechanic and he said that since the truck is not used very often (4000 miles per year) that rust/grime build up and causes the squeal. I have taken it back to him 2 times and he tells me the brakes/brake pads are fine, its just a build up from lack of use. The squeal has gotten so bad that i am embarrassed to pull up to a traffic light. Any advice??? HELP!!!!!

Comments

• kajothskajoths Member Posts: 1
    Have the roters turned..bet that helps, Had to have it done on Ford Bronco
    for same reason...
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Or you can try a different pad. Some are much better for noise control than others. Ceramic pads are generally better than if you buy a less expensive off-brand. Kajoths suggestion is also a good one---if your rotors weren't turned at the last brake job, it's probably a good idea if they have enough thickness to do so safely. New rotors are pretty cheap, too.
  • sciballssciballs Member Posts: 2
    Rotors have been turned, problem solved. Thanks for the recommendation!!!!!