Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

My service traction control and now my abs light go on and off on my 2010 Chevy Impala?

kittykay14kittykay14 Member Posts: 1
edited April 2016 in Chevrolet
Does anyone know if it is just a sensor? After reading the forums it looks like people are spending a lot of money with no results. Has anyone learned of any solutions and what to do with this. I don't have a lot of money for repairs and am afraid to drive it if it is unsafe.

Answers

• Options
    tammy2016tammy2016 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2016
    I am having the same problem with my 2010 Impala. The service traction control light comes on and immediately the check engine light comes on too and messages say service traction control and reduced engine power. The traction control light will go off after tuning off the car and restarting it, but the engine light will stay on for a day or so and then all of a sudden it will be off the next time the car is started. Am frustrated! This was a lease car that was bought with 44,000 miles on it 
  • Options
    tammy2016tammy2016 Member Posts: 4
    Me too kittykay14
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    There's no one answer to this, unfortunately. The car has to be scanned and the data read from the various sensors and modules, to get some sense of what's going on. The reason people are having trouble solving the problem is that the diagnosis is often incorrect, or not thoroughly done. It can be a tricky problem to solve if the technician is not diligent.