Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Does this lease make sense?

missieamissiea Member Posts: 2
edited May 2016 in BMW
I've not leased before and have located a 2013 328i that the dealer is offering to lease. The car has 31k miles. Price is $27,165 including all fees. With a trade in of my current car credit of 6500, amt applied upfront from that is 1,070 with net cap cost of 21,735. Residual 17,085, 36 months at .00198 money factor, payments 222.51 with 10k miles/year. Is this a good deal?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• missieamissiea Member Posts: 2
    Thank you!
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Doesn't make sense to me because are leasing a car without warranty, which puts you at financial risk for service and repair costs. With your trade in and some shopping, you'd be able to lease a brand new car for not much more than you are paying here. It might not be a BMW, but could still be a nice sedan.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,262
    Funny you should suggest that, @Mr_Shiftright - I just saw a post where someone leased a new Kia Optima EX Hybrid for $190/mo - with tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

If the BMW is a CPO Lease, then that extends the factory warranty by 2 years. The poster didn't mention whether it is or not. So depending on date of entering service, that would take the car to at least through 2018 on warranty.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100

If the BMW is a CPO Lease, then that extends the factory warranty by 2 years. The poster didn't mention whether it is or not. So depending on date of entering service, that would take the car to at least through 2018 on warranty.

BMW is starting to push CPO leases, and even including extended maintenance.

If they can protect the lessee from repair/maintenance issues, they could probably do pretty well with them. It might bite them on the back end, though.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,262

BMW is starting to offer CPO leases, but we don't have any information on how it works, or what the numbers are.

Just seems like a lot of trouble -- two identical 328xi's - one with 30K, the other with 35K. Do they have the same residual?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

????