Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Acura TLX GT Long-Term Road Test - Wrap-Up

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2016 in Acura
2015 Acura TLX GT Long-Term Road Test - Wrap-Up

It's not often a carmaker replaces two models with one. We spent one year and nearly 20,000 miles with the 2015 Acura TLX to see how well it stacks up with the rest of the premium sedan class.

Read the full story here

Comments

• zoomzoomnzoomzoomn Member Posts: 143
    edited April 2016
    As an owner of a new 2016 TLX 2.4 Tech, I can tell you the the TLX shines compared to just about any other car in the given price bracket. Having been preceded by a 2013 TSX SE this new car is so improved that it's hard to find fault with it. I drove both the V6 and the 4 before purchasing the 2.4 and, in my opinion, the 4 felt lighter on it's feet and the DCT operates with very little quirkiness as compared to the V6's 9 speed auto. What amazes me the most is that is spite of the nearly cartoonishly tall touring tires on the 2.4's 17" wheels, the PAWS will let me flog my favorite corners with the same abandon that I was able to in the much harsher and noisier riding TSX.

The refinement in this car makes it not only the best balanced Honda, or Acura that I've ever owned, it's truly the best car that I've ever driven for the money.
  • marcos9marcos9 Member Posts: 96
    I used to be a Honda/Acura fan. Oh, how they have become so irrelevant these days...
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    edited April 2016
    Your 25% depreciation figure seems a bit disingenuous as you're comparing the resale TMV to the original sticker MSRP. Customers rarely pay MSRP. In fact, elsewhere on the site you show that people buying a comparably equipped 2016 TLX today pay an average of almost $4,000 below MSRP. Plug numbers like that into the calculation and the depreciation drops to about 17%. That's excellent for the first year.
  • kiiwiikiiwii Member Posts: 318
    I read somewhere saying that the previous TL has a better crash test score than current TLX. Not sure why (and I could be totally wrong). Just something interesting to share.
  • davechapindavechapin Member Posts: 10
    You left out any comment regarding the elephant in the room... Styling. As in Acura lacks any trace of it
  • eldaino2eldaino2 Member Posts: 34

You left out any comment regarding the elephant in the room... Styling. As in Acura lacks any trace of it

maybe because styling is subjective? I think it looks great. Everything else they discussed is factual.
  • 5vzfe5vzfe Member Posts: 161
    eldaino2 said:

maybe because styling is subjective? I think it looks great. Everything else they discussed is factual.
    I agree. As more manufacturers experiment (which is fine) with their car styling, it's nice to see a little restraint. The current crop of Audi, Volvo and Acura cars for the large part look like they'll age pretty well IMO. For example, compare the more adventurous styling of the 2009-2012 TL to the second generation Legend (1991-95) and tell me which one you think looks better.
    https://rnrautoblog.com/2014/10/04/1994-acura-legend-ls-coupe-and-gs-sedan-review/