Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 BMW X3 28i Price paid

muzammilmmuzammilm Member Posts: 5
edited May 2016 in BMW
I have an offer from the dealer for a 2017 BMW X3 28i AWD SAV with MSRP of $46,695

Negotiated Purchase Price: $42,500
Tax: 6.25% MA --> $2678
Doc Fee: $349
TTL: $167.50

Grand Total: $45,699

Is this a good deal for a 2017 model?
Tagged:

Comments

• muzammilmmuzammilm Member Posts: 5
    Included packages are as follow:

Navigation System ($1,950)
    Driver Assistance Package ($950)
    Panoramic Moonroof ($1350)
    Heated Front Seats ($500)
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited May 2016
    muzammilm said:

I have an offer from the dealer for a 2017 BMW X3 28i AWD SAV with MSRP of $46,695

Invoice is $43,950 and TMV is MSRP ($46,695)

I don't know my Bimmers but you're ~$1,500 below invoice and that's a good price for most cars.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,154
    stever said:

muzammilm said:

Invoice is $43,950 and TMV is MSRP ($46,695)

I don't know my Bimmers but you're ~$1,500 below invoice and that's a good price for most cars.
    For BMW, anything more than 7% off sticker is a good deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Thanks everyone, picking up my first BMW today :)

The dealer has been trying really hard to force me to get extra warranty and different coverage plan. I guess they want to make up for what they lost in negotiations, but I am not gonna bite. The only thing I considered is the $600 BMW prepaid maintenance as the new 2017 BMW only cover oil change for 3yr/36K miles. Any recommendations whether I should pay the $600 maintenance upfront?
    edited May 2016
    My sister did that on her Subaru a few months back (against brotherly advice :) ).

Salesperson showed her the dealer maintenance costs and she figured she'd save a bit on the scheduled services.

First bit of mail she got from the dealer was a 50% off oil change coupon. :D

BMW could be different I suppose.

Congrats on the new ride!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,219
    edited May 2016
    muzammilm said:

Thanks everyone, picking up my first BMW today :)

The dealer has been trying really hard to force me to get extra warranty and different coverage plan. I guess they want to make up for what they lost in negotiations, but I am not gonna bite. The only thing I considered is the $600 BMW prepaid maintenance as the new 2017 BMW only cover oil change for 3yr/36K miles. Any recommendations whether I should pay the $600 maintenance upfront?

Does the $600 take the plan to 4yr/50K miles?

Does it add any services/maintenance that the base plan does not have? (brakes, wipers, etc)

How many miles/yr do you drive?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited May 2016
    Nope $600 is only for 3yr/36K and adds brakepads, rotors, and wiper blades to the existing maintenance service which is complementary. I am debating if I will even need the brakes within 3 yrs. I definitely won't get to 36K miles in the 3 yrs.

The 4yr/50K extension is $1100 with same same coverage.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,219
    muzammilm said:

Nope $600 is only for 3yr/36K and adds brakepads, rotors, and wiper blades to the existing maintenance service which is complementary. I am debating if I will even need the brakes within 3 yrs. I definitely won't get to 36K miles in the 3 yrs.

The 4yr/50K extension is $1100 with same same coverage.

I sure wouldn't add it just for brakes.. and, if you don't drive 12K/yr, I wouldn't add it, at all.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• rarekatrarekat Member Posts: 26
    Thats a very good price for the new 2017 model. Do you mind letting know the name and location of the dealer?
    A reporter is looking to speak with someone over the age of 50 who recently purchased a new vehicle within the last six months. If you're willing to assist, please reach out to pr@edmunds.com by June 2, 2016.