Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Trash Bags Come Standard - 2016 Kia Optima Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited May 2016 in Kia
Trash Bags Come Standard - 2016 Kia Optima Long-Term Road Test

There's poorly hidden sound-deadening material in our 2016 Kia Optima. It's not a big thing, but doesn't help burnish the brand's hard-fought recent reputation for style and pizazz.

Read the full story here

Comments

• don_quixotedon_quixote Member Posts: 5
    I wonder how other cars handle this.
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    My girlfriend's 2011 Sonata also has this in the exact same location. It does look cheap when your first see it but after a while you forget it's there. But small things like this are still what separates an Accord or Camry from a Sonata or Optima.
  • 5vzfe5vzfe Member Posts: 161
    This would bug me if I saw it too, but $27,545 is only a few hundred more than the most expensive "compact" cars, in fact, the Long-Term Civic was $27,335 according to the blog. With this in mind, is the cheesy sound deadening too much of a deterrent for this car?
  • agent0090agent0090 Member Posts: 26
    Well, at least it's there. We have two Hondas and a Toyota, and all three could use a little sound deadening material. If it works and it doesn't seem like it's going to fall apart, I could overlook it.
  • erniejoelerniejoel Member Posts: 1
    That is strange. I just checked my 2015 Kia Koup and it have a black plastic cover in that area. Makes me wonder if it was a slip during assembly or if Kia eliminate the covers to save $.
  • charltoncharlton Member Posts: 21
    erniejoel said:

That is strange. I just checked my 2015 Kia Koup and it have a black plastic cover in that area. Makes me wonder if it was a slip during assembly or if Kia eliminate the covers to save $.

LOL! I noticed it too on my car after reading this. doesn't bother me, though. I think Kia cut corners here if Koup has it. Maybe there're after-mkt covers available.

-BC