Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

All front vent will only blow warm air.

brian1102brian1102 Member Posts: 2
edited May 2016 in Chevrolet
I also have a 2011 traverse. The problem I am having is it will only blow warm air out of front vents. I know it is an actuator problem and I am willing to fix myself. Just need to figure out which one it is. Please help

Answers

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited May 2016
    It sounds like the hot/cold air diverter actuator.

This Video might help you quite a bit.

I think these actuators are about $40 online and $80 at the dealer. You'll need a trick tool--a swivel head on a screwdriver with a T20 Torx taped to it should do it.
  • Options
    brian1102brian1102 Member Posts: 2
    I get plenty of air through all vents in frontof car it will not get cold or really hot just kinda warm. To me it sounds like there should be an actuator that controls the temp setting.( hot to cold) Just have not been able to figure out which one that is . Even with everything on internet. If someone can help please let me know. Thanks
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited May 2016
    Oh, ok, that's a bit more detail......you can actually have the HVAC scanned for trouble codes and this might give you hints as to what to address. You might have an issue with the heater control valve.