Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 BMW X1 vs 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class 250 vs 2016 Audi Q3 vs 2017 Lincoln MKC

shmkaneshmkane Member Posts: 3
edited May 2016 in BMW
I'm currently looking for a new luxury suv/crossover for less than 38,000.

I've gone through and made bold the main points for anyone that wants to skim.

Here's come criteria that the car must have.
  1. A very smooth ride. I'll be commuting around 30 miles to work every day(one way) so I want comfort.
  2. Quiet interior. I don't want the noise of anything seeping into the car.
  3. MPG: I prefer it in the high 20's to 30's.(All these have)
  4. The price tag. I don't want to exceed 38,000(preferable after taxes). So a car that stays around 36,500 before taxes + fees will satisfy me.
  5. APR: I want low or 0%.
I'm not a very technology heavy person, I really only want this car for the comfortable ride. Maybe a few features here and there, such as a rear view camera(which comes default with some) and maybe some upgraded tires/rims. No extra packages/navigation/"premium" etc... I also don't want a pre-owned car.

I've narrowed it down to the cars listed in the title(Still open to suggestions):
the 2016 BMW X1, the 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class 250, the 2016 Audi Q3, and the 2017 Lincoln MKC.

The Mercedes-Benz GLA is definitely the pretty one. I've gone and looked at the cars multiple times and from the exterior, and based on looks I have to hand it to the GLA. The problem is it's not a very tall car. It feels like a sedan, and that's just not the feel I'm going for. It does, however, have impressive highway mpg at 35. I haven't gotten to test drive this yet but from reviews, I've read it has a firm suspension and a loud inside.

The BMW X1 is one of the top contenders because it has everything I want, but the only thing that points me away from it is the APR. Even with the best credit, it still leaves you at 2.99%. Compared to the others this is very high. The MKC even has 0%.

Audi Q3 looks small from the outside and is a car I haven't been able to test drive yet. I've been told that this is a good middle point between the GLA, the X1 and the MKC, but it's a little small from the outside and I'm not too fond of the looks of it.

The Lincoln MKC is the one I'm favoring right now. It comes stock with a bunch of features that the others you would have to pay extra for. It's one of the cheaper cars, but feels still very premium. I felt the ride quality was similar to the BMW's. It's also the only one offering me 0% APR.

What do you think? Maybe there's some cars out there that fit something that I'm looking for I don't know of. Please leave any comments/tips/experiences you've had with any of these cars. I am open to suggestions and I appreciate anyone willing to help out.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    What do you guys think?
  • Options
    vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    I researched and tested all three of your German choices. I've been driving German cars and SUVs for about 15 years and wouldn't consider the Lincoln.

After driving all three Germans plus the MB GLC and Acura RDX, I bought the X1. Why? Space, cost and performance. I'm 6'2" / 250 lbs and I often drive the family around in my car rather than our primary family rig. So, space was important. As my commuter car, comfort is important too. Even with the driver's seat all the way back, my kids can sit behind me comfortably and I have tons of head and leg room. The performance of the 2.0 liter turbo engine with 8 speed steptronic and sport suspension was the best of the bunch and AWD is standard. Finally, I only paid $34k and got a 48 month/50k mile warranty with free maintenance.

My bottom line: If you want a reasonably priced, efficient, fun SUV, the X1 is hard to beat. BMW is going to sell lots of these...
  • Options
    vinnyny said:

I researched and tested all three of your German choices. I've been driving German cars and SUVs for about 15 years and wouldn't consider the Lincoln.

After driving all three Germans plus the MB GLC and Acura RDX, I bought the X1. Why? Space, cost and performance. I'm 6'2" / 250 lbs and I often drive the family around in my car rather than our primary family rig. So, space was important. As my commuter car, comfort is important too. Even with the driver's seat all the way back, my kids can sit behind me comfortably and I have tons of head and leg room. The performance of the 2.0 liter turbo engine with 8 speed steptronic and sport suspension was the best of the bunch and AWD is standard. Finally, I only paid $34k and got a 48 month/50k mile warranty with free maintenance.

My bottom line: If you want a reasonably priced, efficient, fun SUV, the X1 is hard to beat. BMW is going to sell lots of these...

Thanks for your input!