Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

5 Reasons To Buy an Optima - 2016 Kia Optima Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2016 in Kia
5 Reasons To Buy an Optima - 2016 Kia Optima Long-Term Road Test

Here are reasons why buying a 2016 Kia Optima will make a lot of sense.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    Ah, but most consumers are actually asking- "RAV4? CR-V? Escape? Sportage? Tuscon? Equinox? Rogue? CX-5?"
  • kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    I bet the depreciation is higher since its a Kia and not a Honda or Toyota. Likely an excellent value used.
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    Agree with @kirkhilles1. Underappreciated reliable cars make great choices to purchase lightly used and then own for several years. With KIA and Hyundai, though, make sure to purchase CPO otherwise the 10 year warranty is not transferred!
  • jakek66jakek66 Member Posts: 60
    Had rented a '16 Sonata and I did think it was pretty nice. I like it's design to the Kia as well.
  • yellowbalyellowbal Member Posts: 234
    The Accord Sport is the only one that offers a 6-speed.
  • stuntman_mikestuntman_mike Member Posts: 57
    yellowbal said:

The Accord Sport is the only one that offers a 6-speed.

Mazda 6 disagrees with you.
  • s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    a '15 CPO kia cadenza (de-cadenza badged) is calling my name. can find these for $21k with less than 20k miles. soooo much car for the money.
  • aspadeaspade Member Posts: 42
    Perception trails reality, the Koreans are no longer the screaming bargains (or the crappy cars) that they were a decade ago but their resale values haven't caught up to reflect that. Edmunds' car appraisal tool puts trade-in on a 2013 Accord EX with 45,000 miles at $14,200 The comparable Optima is $11,300 and the Sonata is $11,900.

Good for used car buyers but smart money would stay far away from the new ones.