Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mdhaus72mdhaus72 Member Posts: 7
    msdrea03 said:

@brian125 hi I should've done more research because I thought 2k off msrp is what I should be pushing for. I live in nyc...looked at honda accord  v6 exl 2016 today and msrp was 31580. Dealer and I agreed on 28700 with dest. Taxes title not included...so otd was 31+...they didn't have my car in stock and had to order it. No financing was done yet because car wasnt there and they said they can't discuss finance options until car is on lot. So I left a 1k deposit which they said was minimum because they had to order the car. Now I feel like I'm over paying and want my deposit back and renegotiate or start over somewhere else. They said if finance options wasn't agreeable money is refundable. Any idea if mo ey is truly refundable at this point since I feel like I'm over paying? I am truly only getting like 300 below invoice! 

What is the market like in your area? Depending on the trim level and the location in the country, prices can vary wildly. On many levels, it's all about supply and demand.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited June 2016
    msdrea03

Your deal is 252 below invoice minus the 75 doc fee.

Call dealer today tell them you changed your mind. Then call credit card company to cancel. You could easily get another $1000 to 1500 off this model. Make a new list of area dealers and buy closer to the end of this month for best pricing. This month ( JUNE ) is the end of the 2nd quarter in sales you will do vey well... even in NY.

Read my prior posting for tips and idea's on......................... How to BUY

Try Atlantic , Huntington, Yonkers , New Rochelle , Friendly Honda .

Hillside in Queens may be a possibility and Bay Ridge.

Hillside Honda will not do business over the phone much. Stay away from PARAGON

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• johnnybroccolijohnnybroccoli Member Posts: 6
    Planning on striking on an EX or EX-L (CVT no HS) at end of month. Think it might be plenty possible to go $2500-$3000 below invoice at that point? You had said $1500-$2500 some weeks back; guessing those numbers will only get better as each month passes. 
  • icarshoppingicarshopping Member Posts: 16
    Hi @johnnybroccoli

The last offer I received for an EX-L (no HS) in May was $24359, which was 2700 under the invoice of $27059 (in CA). I am also aiming to purchase at the end of the month so I am thinking of targeting between 2900 to 3300 under invoice. Anyone has any input on where I should target?
  • subaruguru77subaruguru77 Member Posts: 20
    Thought this was a good enough deal to post here:

2016 Accord EX CVT w/o Sensing
    $27,215 MSRP
    $4,065 Discount (14.94%)
    $23,150 Selling Price
    $595 Acq Fee
    $72.50 Cap Fees
    $782.40 Cap Taxes
    $23,817.50 Gross Cap Cost
    $24,599.90 Net Cap Cost
    8.25% sales tax
    57% Residual
    12,000 miles /yr
    36 month lease
    0.00028 MF
    $263.66 out-the-door, no money down

Let me know what you all think!

Thanks!
    subaruguru77

Good deal

Dealership and buying State helps others ??????

• subaruguru77subaruguru77 Member Posts: 20
    @brian125 and others -

Carbone Honda
    Yorkville, NY
  • msdrea03msdrea03 Member Posts: 4
    @brian125 went in for my deposit  refund and told them I wasn't happy with deal. They asked me what would it be to make me happy so I offered 27000 and they agreed. This is with destination but not including taxes and dmv fees. I'm unsure if I should continue to purchase or hold out until end of month and work with other dealers. Thanks for your help.
    edited June 2016
    @msdrea03

If I'm correct in what you posted earlier. Old sale of 28,700. New price $27,000

Dealer just discounted what you should of got in the first place. Make deal today. Dealer knows you could get another 1700 off this vehicle. Congrats your at $1900 below dealers Invoice price with new pricing .

Any funny stuff by this dealer post back in this forum we will help you

@brian125 thanks for quick reply…otd price would be 29,519. The color I want isn't there so they would order it and be there by wed. Has anyone ever experienced that for some reason they won't refund your deposit? I feel nervous because I haven't seen the Lunar silver in the accord body and afraid I won't like it. But the seller said for any reason i decide not to get it on wed i can walk away with refund but dealers always try to tell you what you want to hear so often it makes me nervous. I asked how will car be delivered and he stated he wasn't sure if it would be driven or taken on a freight. states it needs to go through safety inspection and sometimes they need to drive it and can't guarantee less than 10 miles on car but miles won't be excessive.
    Do I stop looking around at this point? should I still contact other dealers you mentioned and see if they will beat this offer?
    edited June 2016
    You gave dealer a deposit they gave you a very good price stop stressing out. Buy it from this dealer but make sure you get the color you like. 10, 20, 50 miles on the odometer who cares your covered 3 yr 36k . If you want to pay to flatbed it from one dealer to the next and that gives you piece of mind go for it then.

Drive by another dealer or 2 and look at colors . Just tell other dealers your looking and not buying.

Lunar silver is sharp. All you need to do is tint the windows, put on the splash guards, maybe a pin stripe and your in business. My Accord was a 2013 exl v-6 Modern steel with Tinted windows , splash guards, and pin stripe.

selling dealer is going to trade or find car off another lot . doubt there ordering it.

Thank you I feel alot better now haha. Can envision the look of it now with your input! Now just waiting for arrival for that financing part. 
  • carsource1carsource1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum. Interested in buying an Accord EXL w/o Honda sensing.

I read in some of the posts from May that there were some dealer cash incentives. Do those still exist for the month of June or did they expire?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,066

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum. Interested in buying an Accord EXL w/o Honda sensing.

I read in some of the posts from May that there were some dealer cash incentives. Do those still exist for the month of June or did they expire?

$1250 dealer cash on the EX-L in June.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• jasxxjasxx Member Posts: 14
    Hey folk: this is an OTD deal I just received from a dealer in Tysons Corner in VA... What do you think?

Below you will find an itemized breakdown of all the costs associated with the purchase of your 2016 Honda Civic.

Honda of Tysons Corner OTD Quote for GE027518 2016 Honda Civic

MSRP: $24,700.00
    Discount: $2,309.00
    Sonic Price: $22,391.00
    Freight: $835.00
    Processing Fee: $599.00
    Tax: $976.82
    Tag: $69.75
    VA State Business Tax: $40.50

Our Honda of Tysons Corner Out The Door price is $__24,912.07________*
    Car is a civic ex-l w/navi
    Some other deals received from Bill Page in northern VA... Have not even started to negotiate yet:

2016 Accord LX​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ $21,249.33​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ (freight, taxes, fees, tags and registration included)

2016 Civic LX​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ $18,753.34​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ (freight, taxes, fees, tags and registration included)

2016 HRV LX 2WD​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ $22,175.16​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ (freight, taxes, fees, tags and registration included)
    jasxx said:

Hey folk: this is an OTD deal I just received from a dealer in Tysons Corner in VA... What do you think?

Below you will find an itemized breakdown of all the costs associated with the purchase of your 2016 Honda Civic.

What model are we talking about here??????

edited June 2016
    jasxx said:

Ok I see you posted model below this one. Invoice on Exl w/ nav and freight is..........$ 23,777 .

After paying doc fee your just alittle above invoice price and right where most decent deals are on this civic right now.

I would holdout till months end you will save more money on this Civic deal.

Your Accord deal is a good one even thou you only posted ending OTD numbers. OTD # makes it hard to tell what dealer is selling vehicle for if you don't post the agreed selling price like you did with Civic deal.

Good Luck

edited June 2016

Ok I see you posted model below this one. Invoice on Exl w / nav and freight is..........$ 23,777 .

After paying doc fee your just alittle above invoice price and right where most decent deals are on this civic right now.

I would holdout till months end you will save more money on this Civic deal.

Your Accord deal is a good one even thou you only posted ending OTD numbers. OTD # makes it hard to tell what dealer is selling vehicle for if you don't post the agreed selling price like you did with Civic deal.

Good Luck

Sorry for double posting having computer ? Internet problems

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,846
    brian125 said:

Sorry for double posting having computer ? Internet problems

Seeing a bit of it.. probably a website issue.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

@brian125

I have a question that I hope you can help me with. I discovered that I am eligible for the Honda Graduate Program, which offers $500 off the down payment if the purchase date is within two years of graduation. 

What at I am wondering is whether I should bring this up when I negotiate or if I should wait until the negotiation is done with the best price available. I feel like since this is a manufacturer incentive, it really doesn't make a difference for the dealers (for their profit) if they find out before or after. I intend to bring it up after since this will simply how I would negotiate with them, instead of mentioning the $500 and having to knock down the price $500 more?

Thank you or anyone who may have any insight on this. 
    Tell dealer after you have agreed sales price. Then say Oh by the way I might be entitled to the 500 rebate for being a grad student. What is the requirement????

Good luck

• carpersocarperso Member Posts: 148
    brian125 said:

Tell dealer after you have agreed sales price. Then say Oh by the way I might be entitled to the 500 rebate for being a grad student. What is the requirement????

Good luck

Actually what is the requirement?? Graduate next year. Do I qualify. Full time student currently.
    @carperso

If I am not mistaken, you get to apply $500 to your downpayment if you have graduated within the last 2 years or if you will graduate in the next 6 months (http://www.hondafinancialservices.com/finance/college-grad-program). You will need to use Honda Financing it appears.

Thanks so much @brian125!
  • newbuyer1888newbuyer1888 Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking to buy new Honda accord EX(without sensing) 2016 in NJ area, I got a online quote from couple of dealers.

Selling price - 21995
    Dest -835
    Etch/Prep - 299
    Sub total -23129

Including tax and Doc and motor vehicle charges OTD 25563.33

Is it good deal ? . Can you I negotiate with buyer on the OTD price . Please help me
  • johnnybroccolijohnnybroccoli Member Posts: 6
    I'm hoping to land that exact model at the end of this month and, at that point, I'm hoping to get it for a selling price of between $21,200 and $21,600 based on what I've learned in this thread. In CA, that would equate to around $24,500 OTD. 
  • fringerfringer Member Posts: 3
    Hello guys, first post here. Just received an offer for 16' EX-L sedan: sale price at 2k below invoice excluding incentives. Still waiting for the OTD price. Location: southeastern VA. Is this decent price? Is 3-4k below invoice possible?
    edited June 2016

I'm looking to buy new Honda accord EX(without sensing) 2016 in NJ area, I got a online quote from couple of dealers.

Selling price - 21995
    Dest -835
    Etch/Prep - 299
    Sub total -23129

Including tax and Doc and motor vehicle charges OTD 25563.33

Is it good deal ? . Can you I negotiate with buyer on the OTD price . Please help me

Your quote is about 1500 below invoice price.

You can negotiate not paying the $299 Etch/ prep (bs charge ) and lowering sale price of vehicle 300 to 500 OR what ever that dealers doc fee charge is. Dealers Doc fee's in NJ are.............................. $299 to 499

Work on that and you made a real nice deal in NJ

fringer said:

Hello guys, first post here. Just received an offer for 16' EX-L sedan: sale price at 2k below invoice excluding incentives. Still waiting for the OTD price. Location: southeastern VA. Is this decent price? Is 3-4k below invoice possible?

2k to 3k below invoice price is where you want to be in your state. If you buy the end of the month you will save more money. Get as many dealerships involved in the price wars as far as your willing to travel to. That's how you make your best possible deal.

Why is it that this thread is the most active amongst of the prices paid thread. I believe more people buy accords than lease. But no other car has such an active prices paid thread. Not even little brother civic which i believe is setting the sales charts on fire and was briefly in the month of may the best selling car in america.
    Good question .

Maybe IMHO Accords are geared to family buyers making them more frugal on getting the best possible price with Accords Top notch Reviews , Reliability and Resale value . Toyota and Nissan boards are not as busy.

On the flip side the Camry has outsold Accord for the past 10 years. Why is that board not booming like Accords

I get Alot of emails from previous buyers who I helped make great deals across the country that bought Accords looking to buy another Brand. I have since removed my Original email on @Edmunds ( In active email due not send message wont be read ) TKS.

If any one can answer this question with fact post it .

In the last year or 2 what is the percentage of new vehicles bought to leased??? I say 35% are leased????

• fringerfringer Member Posts: 3
    brian125 said:

fringer said:

2k to 3k below invoice price is where you want to be in your state. If you buy the end of the month you will save more money. Get as many dealerships involved in the price wars as far as your willing to travel to. That's how you make your best possible deal.
    Thanks brian125.
    The best OTD I received was 26k = 24.5k (~2.7k below invoice) + tax, fees. Two dealers seemed to want to beat this one and asked what price would earn my business. So in this case what should I do next? Is 25k OTD possible?
  • talalnkhan86talalnkhan86 Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,

Thanks for everyone's help. Wanted to share my buying experience with a Honda Dealer in Bridgewater, NJ. I bought a 2016 Honda Accord EX (no sensing).

Price: $22,165
    Destination: $835
    Sales Tax @ 7%: 1,610
    DMV: ~$300
    Doc: $379
    OTD: ~25,300

Hope it helps.

Thanks!
    talalnkhan86

Auto-Sport Honda is a excellent dealer. Good Luck

brian125 said:

Good question .

Maybe IMHO Accords are geared to family buyers making them more frugal on getting the best possible price with Accords Top notch Reviews , Reliability and Resale value . Toyota and Nissan boards are not as busy.

On the flip side the Camry has outsold Accord for the past 10 years. Why is that board not booming like Accords

I get Alot of emails from previous buyers who I helped make great deals across the country that bought Accords looking to buy another Brand. I have since removed my Original email on @Edmunds ( In active email due not send message wont be read ) TKS.

If any one can answer this question with fact post it .

In the last year or 2 what is the percentage of new vehicles bought to leased??? I say 35% are leased????

True.

As much as Honda is responsible for delivering a winner in the competetive mid size market for the activity on this board. @Brian125 is equally if not more responsible for insightful information.

Camry does outsell accord. But fleet purchases might be contributing to the camry numbers.

Leasing has really become popular. I did recently read an article regarding leasing. You are right. It is close to 35%. I did find an older article. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/09/business/auto-leasing-gains-popularity-among-american-consumers.html?_r=0
  • smc99smc99 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for all the great info. Looking to buy Accord EX-L at the end of the month in MD/VA.

1. Do I have it right that $3000 below invoice might be a rock bottom end of quarter price

2. Edmunds shows no rebates. A dealer recently told me the only rebates were for Military, College Grad, or recent Odyssey owners. I don't qualify for any of these. When you say $3000 below invoice might be possible, does that include rebates (and which ones, so I can adjust up/down for future rebates)?

3. Any guesses based on past experience when the rebates will increase

THANKS!!
  • meteor71131meteor71131 Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2016
    I am looking for Accord LX (4 doors, without sensing) in PA, but the quotes I got are about 21500-23000, which is a little higher than most of the reports here. I would like to get it for around 20k out the door, I was wondering if there are any strategies or advice for me. I will not be financing, but will be buying the car in full.

Also, I was wondering if there are any good dealers in PA, VA, MD, NJ, OH. I have seen individuals mentioning good deals in these areas, but I really can't find the name of the dealers. It would be greatly appreciate if you would share the good dealers with me. Thank you so much!
  • frontlinecofrontlineco Member Posts: 1
    Can anybody tell me if this seems like a good deal in Louisiana?

2016 Accord Sport CVT w/ Honda Sensing
    Price: $23,250
    Taxes (9.5%): $2208.75
    Total Fees: $430
    ---
    $25,888 OTD
    (The dealer also offered Katzkin leather for an extra $1200, so I am debating that also)
  • xtnguy3nxxtnguy3nx Member Posts: 6
    Hello,

I just bought 2016 Accord EX without Sensing from Bay Area California

Manly Honda from Santa Rosa

Here is my breakdown, hope this help for Bay Area buyer.

Selling price: $22,284.00
    Doc fee: 80
    Tax: 2124.58 (Oakland, Ca tax 9.50)
    CRV: 20.50
    License: $145
    Register: $111
    Cali tire fee: $8.75

Total out the door is $24,773.75

The vehicle already has 74 Miles on it because they have to get it from another Dealer.

Financial with 0.9 APR.

I called around more than 15 Honda dealers around the Bay only Manly Honda offer me a reasonable price.

the sell person is Chuck Hansen, the paper work was done on Saturday, but i did not drive home.

The vehicle was delivery to my home this afternoon, i will enjoy my new ride tomorrow.
  • mtyxnb1990mtyxnb1990 Member Posts: 1
    hello all,
    I am looking for an Accord Ex by end of June in Houston area. Wondering if there is any advice on the negotiation process @brian125 , target price is $22500 include destination fee.
    Best internet quote I got is:
    $23271+tax
    Should I ask for 24.2k otd or 22.5k for sale price?
    Thanks

hello all,
    I am looking for an Accord Ex by end of June in Houston area. Wondering if there is any advice on the negotiation process @brian125 , target price is $22500 include destination fee.
    Best internet quote I got is:
    $23271+tax
    Should I ask for 24.2k otd or 22.5k for sale price?
    Thanks

Click on my user name @brian125 then onto my 4183 comments posted . Read thru you will finds many posts from this forum and others with buying tips and strategies on how and when to make your best deal.

A sale of $22,500 excluding fee's would put you at $2471 below invoice minus your selling dealers doc fee charge? In Houston at months end this may be obtainable.

Your 1st round of price negotiation emails and direct phone calls to each dealers Int. Mgr should only concentrate on a below Invoice number with the destination charge included. This will keep you and dealerships on the same page pricewise. After you get your best prices ask dealers for final OTd numbers.

With every price quote and inquiry you need to ask each dealer what there doc fee charge is.

Post back if you still need help. Read my comments it will help you save money

• parallelsproparallelspro Member Posts: 6
    Whats the current MF and Residual and any lease cash for Miami, FL?
    For a 16 Accord Sport and the Accord Ex-L? Thanks.
    Post question in Accord leasing forum.

• ryan_tranryan_tran Member Posts: 10

I bought a honda accord EX-L no sensing on march $23800 at honda woodbridge Virgnia

dealer fee $599
    tax 4.17 % of 23800
    tag $100
    college rebate $500

OTD with college rebate $25100
    without college rebate $25600

Remember that was march. For this month June, I believe that the dealer will go down the price. I think you can negotiate down to $23000 for EX-L no sensing. If adding tax, tag and dealer fee, It is not more than $25000 OTD for virginia / Maryland residents. This is a best time of year to buy a new car. Good luck.
  • krissykremekrissykreme Member Posts: 1
    @brian125, I'm looking to buy an Accord 2016 Ex-L with Navigation and Sensing in NC. Ive only gone to one dealership and was first offered 26675 base.. OTD was 28k... I tried to negotiate for $26000 but was declined so I left thinking they'd try to win me back. They have since called and left message asking if I have purchased a vehicle yet (2weeks later). What would be a feasible/good price to target if I go the last couple days of June?

Thanks in advance.  :)
    Your deal as it stands is @2209 below invoice minus dealers doc fee charge. How much is this dealers doc fee?? subtract it off your $2209 price. Get more dealers involved at end of month and build on this price.

300 to 500 more would make dealers doc fee a wash on bill of sale. Additional savings could be had with dealers looking to make final 2nd quarter sales number incentives. Only you could answer your pricing question not me once you get several dealers involved and push them the last 2 days, last day of this month.

Negotiating wording I always use. Its direct puts you in control and gives you the leverage to lower your price if no dealer agrees to your offer.

I BUY TODAY FOR X Price

X price gets my business today. Do you want the sale????

Don't lose this sale another dealer will take this offer if you don't.

I have emailed 10 dealers the first X price gets my business

There are 2 dealers that quoted me 300 dollars less already. X price gets sale today.

X and Y dealers right next to you are 300 less than your offer. You can have the sale right now talk to your mgr.

Here is my # call me back if you want sale today. I will be buying today.

Good luck

• usfguy9985usfguy9985 Member Posts: 8
    Good afternoon everyone. This is the first time I've used a forum to assist me in leasing/buying a vehicle.
    I've spent a decent amount of time reading through previous posts.
    Here's the deal (Tampa,FL) I was offered on a lease:
    2016 Honda EX-L w/ no Sensing

Selling Price: 31,202
    Discount 5,950
    Adj Price: 25,252
    Total Price 25,252
    Pre-Delivery Charge 995
    Tax 82.32
    State Fees 902.5
    Net Price 27231.82

36/15k mile lease ($0dwn/$0 out of pocket) $379-389/mo
    This seems high to me??

The car I WANT to get is the 2016 Honda EX-L WITH sensing
    MSRP 30,670
    Invoice 28,049?

From my understanding, I should be shooting for $1,500 to $2,000 under the Invoice?
    So, my Adjusted Price after destination & Predelivery charge, doc fee, etc should be $26,049-$26,549 for a 2016 Accord Sedan EX-L w/ Sensing?
    If thats the case, on that 36/15k lease, it should be the following?:
    MSRP = 30,670
    54% = 16,561.8
    Adj = 26,500
    276.06/mo Depreciation
    21.96/mo interest
    $276.06/mo + 21.96/mo = 298.02/mo
    298.02(36) = 10728.72 (1.06 tax) = 11372.44 + 82.32 tag tax =
    $11454.76 or FINAL OTD lease $318.18/mo?

This is my first time doing this.

Looking to purchase or lease today. Converting from a Altima SL
    Thank you!