Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Blazer Starting and Stalling Problems

14567810»

Comments

• iamthoriamthor Member Posts: 2
    Well, I fixed it...It turned out to be the fuel pump. I replaced it and it fired right up with no issues. Lesson learned...fuel does not necessarily mean that the fuel pump is good.
  • s10junkowners10junkowner Member Posts: 10
    Remember: Dead or Dying Fuel Pump Will Not Give A Code.
    90% of the time, the stalling issues will end up being a fuel pump.
    The fuel pump is like any other electrical motor. Take the starter for example.
    If you find the starter is burnt out, you can some times strike it with a small hammer or anything else with some weight, and you might get it to start again.
    Now why none of the car companies will put a sensor on the fuel pump, is beyond me. It would actually be a simple thing to do and would stop alot of the heartache.
    Something like this:
    Key is put into ignition mode-No gas pressure? Send Error Code.
    Key is put into ignition mode-No electric signal passing though? Error Code.
    I can do this with simple programming to a microcontroller, yet none of the billion dollar car companies can add this feature into the system?
    Now one other feature that could be very simple to intergrate into any vehicles system, The Code Read-Out onto a 0.50 cent LCD panel possibly on the fuse box, instead of having to take your broke down vehicle to any shop or car parts store to have it scanned.
    Why don't they?
    Because the car companies want you to pay top dollar for all of the repairs, the diagnostics and possibly get you back into the dealership to purchase a new vehicle.

FUEL PUMP PEOPLE, And prepare to pay out atleast $600.00 for a new one isf you vehicle is a 1998 or newer.
  • seaglassmanseaglassman Member Posts: 1
    i have a 95 blazer changed fuel tank fuel pump sending unit fuel lines spider and fuel regulator and fuel filter.It will just crank for 5 to 10 sec until the oil pressure gets to 20 then starts right up. I was thinking there is a rollover switch or something that is bad but can't find any info on it.
    Runs great just wont start till 20 pounds of oil pressure.I dont hear the fuel pump at all when i turn the key over to try to prime it.Just have to crank it till it hits 20 pounds oil pressure then starts right up.It is quite annoying any help would be much appreciated thank you
  • dagimstsdagimsts Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Hi I am all new to this blogging, However I may have the solution to your problem, generally the Gm system has two circuits to the fuel pump, one with the relay that primes the system for those first 10 to 20 second of cranking the engine and the second one through the oil pressure switch that activates as soon as it reaches operating oil pressure.
    You mentioned that you can not hear the pump when the key is turn on and that is a good indication that there is a problem with your fuel pump circuit (relay, wiring or fuse). try to get a wiring diagram for your fuel pump circuit through your local GMC dealer most of the time they will print it for nothing for you, that will help you out with your problem.
    Hope this will help you out.
    dagimsts
  • edless390edless390 Member Posts: 1
    can some of yall help me my 2003 s10 stutters and back fires at mid to heavy loads.... heavy heavy loads and it takes off like a bat ...if i punch it taking off it will burn the back tires but the let off it will backfire once or twice then stutter all the way down to 2k rpm then soothes out
    as far as starting it it will turn over twice then be running i replaced the mass air flow sensor.....very little help i have a job that starts in a week and i really need this truck running
    so i dont have to borrow dads and listen to his crap..... oh it has a 4.3 L vortex v-six
  • syco4syco4 Member Posts: 1
    try to check the timing chain might be warn remove belt and dis cap move harmonic balancer back and for to check for slack
  • ps_88s10blazerps_88s10blazer Member Posts: 1
    i like your answer, I often wondered that myself.
  • chaos2790chaos2790 Member Posts: 1

my 04 blazer was running with battery pack on it to charge. whent back little wile after and it wasn'trunning. cantget it to start back up. has spark and gas. sounds like pressure being released after a few cranks but no egnition

• iwarneriwarner Member Posts: 1

New Question, I have a 2000 LT Chevy Blazer 4x4 4 door V6 4.3L engine. Yesterday was a rather warm day and I was driving on a freeway doing about 75 miles an hour and the vehicle lost power and stalled. I was able to get to the shoulder of the road and placed it in park. I checked the engine temp it was fine and so was oil pressure. I waited about 2 minutes and it started right back up and I was able to drive it home. Today the same thing happened again, this time on a side road slowing to a stop sign. Exact conditions. When I got home I checked my antifreeze res. and it was low not to bad though about 1/3 of a container of 50/50. I have been maintaining the vehicle and getting things repaired as I have the $$, I have just had the cooling fan replace and thermostat and just before that I had the intake manifold replaced. Can anyone please help me.

• tecselectronictecselectronic Member Posts: 2
    Everyone would like a quick fix.GM has a fix for this the problem there is a problem in the code in the PCM
    Software.( Engineer has Identified a concern with the PCM software. In high ambient temperature, the engine control management system may falsely retard the timing, Causing a noticeable loss of power or the engine will
    shutoff). This is when you cycle the power by turning the switch off if would start right backup.They have had a fix for this since December 22 2005. Document ID # 05-06-04-077 it should cost you around a $110.00 to reflash your PCM
  • tecselectronictecselectronic Member Posts: 2
    Excuse me wrong Document Number you can Google it Search under GM 1746780
  • jrdavis1113jrdavis1113 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 blazer. Last week while driving on the highway my car shut off. When I pulled over I went to start it again and it just wouldn't turn over. I waited about 5 mins and it started which gave me time to back up into a safer spot than when I went to turn it off it shut off. Called a tow truck, brought it to my house about 45 mins later. When he took it off the truck, it started just for me to pull it in my parking spot than shut off when I put it into park. Back in April I went to O'Reilly and they plug in the machine that said Crankshaft sensor A. Replaced that, it would start but wont stay running for more than 5-8 mins. I believe it was a year ago I bad to get my 4wd fixed and the guy said there was a list of codes popping up but at that time i couldn't fix them, just the 4wd. I think it was 8 months or so when I replaced the fuel pump too. Could really use some help in finding out what is going on.
  • Justin StraubJustin Straub Member Posts: 1
    It's call hot soak I believe. But your fuel is overheating in the fuel line. Witch is what stalls the vihicle out. Wait 30 to 45 mins and  it will start back up and run fine for a bit then fuel will get hot and shut back down. So could be fuel pump overheating or a heat SHIELD not in place getting a fuel line hot could also be clogged return fuel line.

• Rascals_MomRascals_Mom Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 Blazer, replaced the Crankshaft Position Sensor bc that's the code that kept coming up...2 days later, the engine sounded like it had a rod knocking. Any ideas why this may have happened? It's my only vehicle and I am on Disability and don't have the income to buy a new vehicle