Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

More Comfortable on the Highway Than the Old Tacoma, But Still Not Great - 2016 Toyota Tacoma

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2016 in Toyota
More Comfortable on the Highway Than the Old Tacoma, But Still Not Great - 2016 Toyota Tacoma Long-Term Road Test

While the 2016 Toyota Tacoma isn't a vehicle that can endlessly pile up highway miles, it's noticeably more comfortable than the previous-generation model.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Yeah, agreed. Typically upgraded models don't give you a better, more comfortable ride. More power? Absolutely. More seat adjustments? Sure. More gadgets and gizmos (gotta get the gizmos)? Yep. Ride? Nah.
  • Options
    rwatsonrwatson Member Posts: 144
    Last generation Tacoma had the same cheap, hard plastic armrest. I figured they'd have enough complaints to change it by now, but no... proof that most people are are buying for everything BUT comfort and quality. I'm telling you folks, you're being ripped off big-time by the manufacturers. How much does the tech toys REALLY cost? Next-to-nothing compared to quality bits and pieces. Why are so many people still rewarding bad behavior for the sake of bragging rights over their smart phone interfaces?

My strategy for new car shopping is simple: write down a checklist with bullets on what I think are the quality features it should have, then start checking the boxes. That way I'm not blinded by toys. I vow to never suffer Buyer's Remorse again.