Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

No Audio and no dealer help

flhpi1996flhpi1996 Member Posts: 5
edited June 2016 in Buick
The audio features have stopped working numerous times. Nothing works, no blue tooth, no radio, not even the noise for the turn signals. Had it in for service 3 times and they said they have a program issue. I bring it into dealership when I have this problem they say that they can't get it to stop working, every time I pick it up before I get home it stops working. I get a message on the heads up display saying no audio and it shows a mute display which is not muted. This vehicle is still under warranty and I am entitled to a loaner vehicle when I leave it and I get the line we don't have any.

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Sounds like you need to open a case with GM. And try to find a better dealer.
  • Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    Next time the radio goes out, drive straight to the dealer, do not shut the car off and get them to look at it right then and there. The techs don't get paid correctly to chase problems like this. The first tech to check this probably got paid.3 hours. (18 minutes) Beyond the first visit they don't get paid at all. A lot of people don't think that this is a consumer's problem but not being able to get something like this solved efficiently is.
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    This is a job techs despise and for good reason!
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    It's one of those no-win situations created by a bizarre business model. Everyone in this equation feels like a victim--car owner, tech, dealership and factory (the latter because they are so paranoid about warranty costs).
  • Options
    It's a business model that has survived because it's been kept swept under the rug for way too long.
  • Options
    Seems like this is one situation where replacing the radio and otherwise throwing parts at the car could at least mollify the customer and maybe even fix the problem.
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    And, in the end I see a lousy survey coming!
  • Options
    stever said:

Seems like this is one situation where replacing the radio and otherwise throwing parts at the car could at least mollify the customer and maybe even fix the problem.

Are you willing to pay for this?

• Options
    edited June 2016
    GM and the dealer should - it's their reputation that getting smeared.

Time to start Tweeting and posting on Facebook, @flhpi1996. Both to GM and the dealer. Shoot, if you have a lawyer, $50 for a demand letter might be worth it. It's just a year old car - why else do you have a warranty if everyone is just going to ignore the consumer? Sheesh....

(I've been big on squeaky wheels this week :) )
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Oh yeah, we have our own "complaint" module - Dealer Ratings and Reviews.
  • Options

This is a job techs despise and for good reason!

With all of the "secrets of a" stories that they have ever written how is it that this is one they never bothered to explain to the consumers?
    stever said:

GM and the dealer should - it's their reputation that getting smeared.
    Time to start Tweeting and posting on Facebook, @flhpi1996. Both to GM and the dealer. Shoot, if you have a lawyer, $50 for a demand letter might be worth it.

Good idea, and when he/she does make sure to ask why don't the techs get paid correctly to investigate and solve this problem for you? They can make really good money if they sell you services like brake fluid flushes etc. But to actually troubleshoot a random issue like this they get nothing for the time that they would have to invest.

Oh, wait they do get something, when the bad survey comes in it's the tech who actually takes the time to put this to bed that will feel the most heat, on top of not getting paid to do it.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    If the poor techs are getting shafted by the dealer, they can go to work for Firestone or the local cop shop or electric utility or other fleet outfit, or an indy.

Of course if they don't have the skills to fix a radio after multiple attempts, maybe they should change careers.
  • Options
    stever said:

If the poor techs are getting shafted by the dealer, they can go to work for Firestone or the local cop shop or electric utility or other fleet outfit, or an indy.

So which one of those solutions would improve the OP's chances of getting this repaired?
    stever said:

Of course if they don't have the skills to fix a radio after multiple attempts, maybe they should change careers.

Yea they should probably become a website monitor. B)

• Options
    edited June 2016

stever said:

So which one of those solutions would improve the OP's chances of getting this repaired?
    Probably social media is the best bet, but a lawyer's letter could help too. May as well complain to the local consumer protection agency or AGs office too. Is it going to take another three dealer visits to get a fix?

Hey @gmcustsvc, do you folks have a suggestion?
  • Options
    stever said:

You missed the chance to say that none of these choices would help the OP with their car's audio problem. Tossing parts at it isn't likely to be an effective, nor efficient solution either and I can say that as one of the few people on this forum that has the tools, training, and experience to analyze and fix any problem like this.