Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Will the Luggage Fit? - 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited May 2017 in Mazda
imageWill the Luggage Fit? - 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Long-Term Road Test

We load our 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata with various bag and luggage combinations to answer the question, will the luggage fit?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    A tooth brush, ham sandwich & sheet of paper.
    Anything else will have to stay home.
  • Options
    reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    Makes the trunk on my camaro seem spacious.
  • Options
    legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    Not relevant to the post but that last picture has to be the least attractive angle to photograph this car.
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    Just get a set of custom bags made by Geris and you can use all the space. Only $155. And you'll be surprised as to how much you can pack.

http://shop.geris-bazaar.com/
  • Options
    zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    reminder said:

Makes the trunk on my camaro seem spacious.

Which is ironic because the Camaro is nearly the size of a Mazda6
  • Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    It should be noted that we had a similar size suitcase in our rental Jeep Renegade and it literally took up about 75% of the available cargo space. Sure, it fit, but that's an "SUV". You aren't going to be taking the Miata on many week long trips, so use alternative transportation then. That being said, my Miata can easily swallow a couple hundred dollars worth of groceries, plus a heavy coat and other items in it. It'll be adequate for 95% of what average people need on a day to day basis.
  • Options
    dashpotdashpot Member Posts: 5
    That's what luggage racks are for. And for long trips - dry bags.
  • Options
    coolride12coolride12 Member Posts: 1
    I am planning a road trip in Italy and was hoping to rent this car. Do you think it is at all possible to fit two of those 21 x15x10 inch carry-on's in the trunk?
  • Options
    billwmsbillwms Member Posts: 1

Just get a set of custom bags made by Geris and you can use all the space. Only $155. And you'll be surprised as to how much you can pack.

http://shop.geris-bazaar.com/

What Geris bags are you using, or do they make the custom bags on request?