Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Chevy uplander problems

milo4444milo4444 Member Posts: 7
edited July 2016 in Chevrolet
Does anyone know if I am the only one with a 2008 Chev uplander lemon? Replaced the transmission and now the heat gauge indicates hot hot hot. Any one knows why?

Answers

• willietcwillietc Member Posts: 3
    ive worked on a bunch of these! check the thermostat! its notorious in these cars
  • milo4444milo4444 Member Posts: 7
    will check it outon Monday, just seems strange that it happened when he put the different transmission in. thanks
    Hi, mechanic put in a new thermostat, and still overheating!!!!!!!!help
    Does anyone know what the problem on my 2008 chevy uplander could be. after putting in a new transmission because the other failed, it now overheats even after putting in a new thermostat...help......
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Are you quite sure it's going through ALL the shifts?
    He says yes, even the scanner says all is good but it is still on the scanner saying it is running hot. Doesnt go over the half way mark on the gauge, but before putting the different transmission in, never went over just past 1/4 mark on the heat gauge.
    Overheats when? At idle only? At speed only? Or all the time no matter what? Are we sure the cooling fans are operating properly?
    The gauge goes up as soon as you start the engine,
    like within a minute or so.
    Well can the scanner give the exact temperature reading? If it's in the normal range, I'd just leave it be. You want an actual number, not a point on the car's instruments.
    Overheats within minutes. Not the normal range.