Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Seating Position Versus Sun Visor - 2016 Toyota Prius Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2016 in Toyota

imageSeating Position Versus Sun Visor - 2016 Toyota Prius Long-Term Road Test

The 2016 Toyota Prius has a great new seating position with lots of headroom, but the sun visors are woefully inadequate when the sun comes in from the side.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    cromagnum_mancromagnum_man Member Posts: 54
    There's no excuse these days for not having sun visors that can be pulled out further on their mounting arms. It's a very simple solution!
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    edited July 2016
    It continues to be a major annoyance that visors that can cover the entire range of the side windows are so rare that they warrant comment and praise.

Maybe we need to have a minimum height requirement for automotive designers to ensure that full sized adult's can drive without (a) being blinded by the sun in the sun coming through the side windows (b) hitting their head on the ceiling and (c) bending their legs and feet at uncomfortable angles to clear the steering wheel and pedals.
  • Options
    lmbvettelmbvette Member Posts: 93
    There is absolutely no excuse for this design. NONE!

My last 5 cars have had extendable visors and I never thought that this was out of the ordinary until my wife bought an Odyssey. The Honda visor is huge, but does not slide, so there is a good 4-6 inches of sun annoyance.
    Don't worry about what other people think. Drive what makes you happy.
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    Can't wait until this feature trickles down to cars https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrokRM7mKXI