Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

20 Grand - 2015 Kia Sedona SX-L Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2016 in Kia

image20 Grand - 2015 Kia Sedona SX-L Long-Term Road Test

With its departure from the long-term fleet approaching, our 2015 Kia Sedona reached the 20,000-mile plateau.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Yeah, makes sense to get another Minivan, probably a Toyota Sienna or Honda Odyssey or a Dodge Grand Caravan.
  • ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    My goodness, for a second I thought the headline detailed your Carmax offer :O
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    For all the hating that auto journalists do on minivans, they always seem to rack up the miles in the test fleet, don't they? So many minivan posts contain caveats like, "I would never buy a minivan but..." My guess is that nobody would buy a minivan if they had access to one from the long-term fleet whenever they needed to haul a bunch of people or cargo around. It seems the Edmunds team really does appreciate minivans...and if they were in a different career path, some may even find themselves owning one.
  • farvyfarvy Member Posts: 34
    When I saw the headline, the first thing that came to my mind was the one-of-one 1933 Duesenberg SJ by Rollston. Widely known as the “Twenty Grand,” reflecting its selling price. It's at the Nethercutt Collection in Sylmar, CA.

So why do you drive with the stability control turned off? Especially in a minivan.
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    edited July 2016
    Another Minivan? I certainly hope so, but think outside the box: Transit Connect XLT long wheelbase Wagon 1.6T
  • diondidiondi Member Posts: 71
    Maybe the Pacifica?
  • barich1barich1 Member Posts: 143
    You might be the best driver in the world, but you still can't modulate the brakes for all 4 wheels independently. You're intentionally reducing your safety and that of anyone in the vehicle with you. In a minivan. I can't even imagine why.
  • metalmaniametalmania Member Posts: 167
    I haven't been keeping up with updates on this long-termer, so unless there's something about the stability control with the Sedona that's a problem - I don't understand why you'd turn it off. I get it if we're talking about a performance car where the safety-nannies prevent you from hanging the tail out or "drifting" (ugh, I hate drifting - it's the slow way around the course folks), but in a minivan? That's for hauling the family around, why would you disable an unintrusive safety feature in that role? I consider myself a reasonably skilled driver - I've been to Skip Barber, held a kart track record and have a few karting trophies on the shelf, and have driven around some would-be accidents due to actual skill if I may humbly say, but I don't need to prove anything to anyone by turning off a safety feature.