Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Desert Sessions - 2016 Toyota Tacoma Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2016 in Toyota
imageDesert Sessions - 2016 Toyota Tacoma Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2016 Toyota Tacoma ventures into the desert with a classic Yamaha DT400 dirt bike in its bed.

Read the full story here

Comments

• markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    I remember that Toyota/Yamaha Giveaway from BITD. Great stuff.

Are the brakes supposed to be that way? Any chance on having the sensitivity adjusted either by a brake shop or the dealer?
  • farvyfarvy Member Posts: 34
    Isn't it Ivan Stewart instead of Stuart?
  • SadButTrueSadButTrue Member Posts: 48
    farvy said:

Isn't it Ivan Stewart instead of Stuart?

Thanks for catching that. We'll make the change. -JS
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    Yamaha and Toyota partnership go back a long way. Many years ago Yamaha made engines for Toyota cars and even today Toyota owns a small share of Yamaha. Yamaha is known primarily for their motorcycles but they are also make great engines. The first Taurus SHO and the 1990's Corvette ZR-1 were both powered by Yamaha engines.
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    A couple of guys I know who have bought the new Tacoma say the new engine doesn't have the grunt of their old truck. Same thing Jeep guys said when they got rid of the 4.0 I6 for the 3.7V6. New engine was more powerful on paper but it didn't have the low speed torque of the old engines. I admit I'm a fan of that ancient AMC designed I6 engine. It was crude, rough and low tech but it was tough as nails.