Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Am I overpaying on my lease?

astro_ashastro_ash Posts: 2
edited July 2016 in Mazda
Hey guys! I just signed a lease for a 2016 Mazda3 iSport hatchback a few days ago, and I'm super stoked about the car but can't help but wonder if I'm paying too much for my lease. I'm a female in my early 20's and I had to do the dealership thing alone. Although I didn't get any sketchy vibes from anyone, I still want to be sure I'm not overpaying.

So the deal was $240/month for 36mo. at 12k miles a year with $0 down. After sales tax, title, maintenance fees and a package they sold me that ensures I don't have to pay for certain damages when I take it back at the end of my lease, my total monthly payment is now $320/month. Does that sound right to you guys?

Thanks!

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,488
    astro_ash said:

Hey guys! I just signed a lease for a 2016 Mazda3 iSport hatchback a few days ago, and I'm super stoked about the car but can't help but wonder if I'm paying too much for my lease. I'm a female in my early 20's and I had to do the dealership thing alone. Although I didn't get any sketchy vibes from anyone, I still want to be sure I'm not overpaying.

So the deal was $240/month for 36mo. at 12k miles a year with $0 down. After sales tax, title, maintenance fees and a package they sold me that ensures I don't have to pay for certain damages when I take it back at the end of my lease, my total monthly payment is now $320/month. Does that sound right to you guys?

Thanks!

A lot of that depends on your state and tax rate, etc, etc. In most cases, the damage waiver programs aren't that great of a deal (unless you are selling them!). How much did that package add to your monthly payment?

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• astro_ashastro_ash Posts: 2
    edited July 2016
    It added about $25/month, $895 total. Luckily, I can cancel it for a full refund within the first 30 days, so I might do that... I've been reading that it's not worth it.

Also, I just realized that maintenance fees are adding $40/month, totaling $1400 in 3 years... while it's convenient to know I'll never have to worry about maintenance costs, that seems pretty steep right? I doubt I'll have $1,400 worth of problems since it's a new car.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,488
    astro_ash said:

It added about $25/month, $895 total. Luckily, I can cancel it for a full refund within the first 30 days, so I might do that... I've been reading that it's not worth it.

Also, I just realized that maintenance fees are adding $40/month, totaling $1400 in 3 years... while it's convenient to know I'll never have to worry about maintenance costs, that seems pretty steep right? I doubt I'll have $1,400 worth of problems since it's a new car.

Yeah... I'd put that $65/mo. back in my pocket. That's a lot of money.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator